FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modifying Rod Rack

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Modifying Rod Rack Empty Modifying Rod Rack Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Has anyone modified one of Lolly's racks to hold a fly rod and reel?

If so, I could use your suggestions.

Thanks,
Mike

2Modifying Rod Rack Empty Re: Modifying Rod Rack Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:39 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I use fly rods and regular rods. What's your tube type? Mine is a Fishcat 4, using four fish rod holders, two from Bass Pro, and two from Scott fly rod, using them for both trolling and holding. If you want photos, I'm more than glad to share.

3Modifying Rod Rack Empty Modifying Rod Rack Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:56 am

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

To Asian Guy,

It would help If you could post a picture of your set up. I have a Cumberland tube, and I am using the rod rack built by .:Lolly. There are pictures of his racks here on the forum.
Where did you get the Fly Rod Holders?

4Modifying Rod Rack Empty Re: Modifying Rod Rack Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:35 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sheriffdad, here's a semi completed tube, without all the attachment connected (ie. camera mount, anchors, etc.).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The rod holders are
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the fly rods I have, and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I have 4 of the Bass Pro Rod Holders. Work very well on my pontoon. I can take as many of the rod holders and shift between my pontoon or float tubes as I wanted within 5 minutes. Depending on the rods I take out on the water, My rule of thumb is not to have more than 3 rods at any given time. If I do fly fishing, a 7'2" to 8'6" fly rod, and a 5'6" to 6'4" ultra light spinner for trolling. If I do spinners, I'll take 3 with me, where 1 is for jigging, or use two for trolling, and 1 as a spare just in case I see the big boys near the weed beds.

5Modifying Rod Rack Empty Rod rack modification Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:48 am

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:Sheriffdad, here's a semi completed tube, without all the attachment connected (ie. camera mount, anchors, etc.).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The rod holders are
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the fly rods I have, and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I have 4 of the Bass Pro Rod Holders. Work very well on my pontoon. I can take as many of the rod holders and shift between my pontoon or float tubes as I wanted within 5 minutes. Depending on the rods I take out on the water, My rule of thumb is not to have more than 3 rods at any given time. If I do fly fishing, a 7'2" to 8'6" fly rod, and a 5'6" to 6'4" ultra light spinner for trolling. If I do spinners, I'll take 3 with me, where 1 is for jigging, or use two for trolling, and 1 as a spare just in case I see the big boys near the weed beds.

Leo, thanks for the picture. I found the Scotty Web site, and just need to find an on-line retailer. The closest store to me is over 100 miles away. I'll find a way to attach one of them to my existing rack.

6Modifying Rod Rack Empty Re: Modifying Rod Rack Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:25 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Attaching them onto the existing frame, or 1/2" or 3/4" PVC pipe, using metal U brackets is quite simple. Local hardware store will carry the 1-3/4" metal U-brackets for $1 to $2. I got mine for $0.79 each.

It's great to have these rod holders since they can be moved from frame to frame. Pontoon, U-boat, and V-boat, they all have different frames design. It's a nightmare trying to get a universal PVC rod holding fit for all three. That's why I got the removable rod holders instead.

7Modifying Rod Rack Empty Re: Modifying Rod Rack Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:25 am

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

That sounds perfect. Found some holders on Amazon, so I should be good to go.

8Modifying Rod Rack Empty Re: Modifying Rod Rack Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:45 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great! Make sure to make your final modification, and make some posting. It will be of great interests for those who have Cumberland later down the road. I know a few that may be interested in your final design.

It will be even be more perfect seeing your design near and on water, catching monsters from the depths.

9Modifying Rod Rack Empty Modifying Rod Rack Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

As soon as I get everything in and set-up, I will take a picture and post it here. I'll make sure I get some shots of my many catches to come.
Mike

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum