FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Tube Fisher! San Diego

+6
dfroggy54
SoCalFishKilla
jeffcpr
.:LOLLY:.
jjvalencia
Rav3n619
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty New Tube Fisher! San Diego Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Rav3n619

Rav3n619
FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey,I'm new to tube fishing. I mainly have fished out of a yak, but had to sell due to a move. I picked up a Caddis Nevada Gold tube last week, my first tube, also picked up waders and a set of used dive fins.
I'm looking forward to rigging the tube and slaying some fish both fresh and salt!
I plan on hitting up SD river tomorrow afternoon by Staples or best buy. Have never fished there but it looks fishy. Smile

--Rod

2 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:33 pm

jjvalencia

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Welcome to the fourm there is alot if info just look for it. There are many helpful people here! Good Luck Tommorw salute

3 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:15 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the boards! Feel free to ask any questions you may have

4 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:17 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome glad you found good luck with your new tube I am sure you will enjoy very much. Post a report of you SD trip coming up

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:30 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

salute

6 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:04 pm

dfroggy54

dfroggy54
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum! If you are fishing that area couple things..

-@ this hour of posting..you are probably already fishing-and slaying em!.. figured I put in my 2c.

Behind Staples:
-This place is on fire on rainy days when the water is ripping right there. The LMB post up in the still water in the rocks. Any shallow cranks work..[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this one being my fav KVD crank
-You will inevitably meet Sean, hes caught everything in there..(and being it a a residential spot, hes caught non native species from people releasing animals in there..arowanas and oscars namely lol)

Best Buy:
-On the best buy side its shallow...REALLY shallow.
-The opposite side has a lot of muck when it hasnt rained in a while.Great for frogs. Cant beat the wacky rigged black with blue flake senko either.

GL!

7 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:37 pm

hobie278

hobie278
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum. dfroggy54 knows his stuff he got me hooked on the river.

8 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to the forum bro!!!

9 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:17 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum. I have three of those tubes in the past. My suggestion is to save a bit more money on the side, and grab yourself the ODC 420, Fish Cat 4, or any V-boat, and not the U-boat. U-boat, unless you're in dead calm water, is perfect for light excursions. When it comes to moderate movement and fighting against CA wind conditions, best to invest a bit more on a float tube that has a bit more efficient mobility on and through the water. Just my $0.02.

10 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Rav3n619

Rav3n619
FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks guys Very Happy I fished for 2 hours and caught two bass on the drop shot w a robo worm.

11 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Rav3n619

Rav3n619
FTFF Gathering Officer

dfroggy54 wrote:Welcome to the forum! If you are fishing that area couple things..

-@ this hour of posting..you are probably already fishing-and slaying em!.. figured I put in my 2c.

Behind Staples:
-This place is on fire on rainy days when the water is ripping right there. The LMB post up in the still water in the rocks. Any shallow cranks work..
Best Buy:
-On the best buy side its shallow...REALLY shallow.
-The opposite side has a lot of muck when it hasnt rained in a while.Great for frogs. Cant beat the wacky rigged black with blue flake senko either.

GL!

Thanks for the info, I ended up fishing the best buy side from 4-6pm and got 2 on the drop shot. It was way shallow. I will try the staples side next time. Hopefully catch more.

12 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Rav3n619

Rav3n619
FTFF Gathering Officer

TheAsianGuy wrote:Welcome to the forum. I have three of those tubes in the past. My suggestion is to save a bit more money on the side, and grab yourself the ODC 420, Fish Cat 4, or any V-boat, and not the U-boat. U-boat, unless you're in dead calm water, is perfect for light excursions. When it comes to moderate movement and fighting against CA wind conditions, best to invest a bit more on a float tube that has a bit more efficient mobility on and through the water. Just my $0.02.

I will get a better tube soon, I didn't do much research on them. lol next tube will be a V and this one a loaner.. Thanks for the info.

13 New Tube Fisher! San Diego  Empty Re: New Tube Fisher! San Diego Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:00 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to the forums n awesome u got some fish your first time out tubin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum