FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Succesful Maiden Voyage

+2
Aquaholic38
JsFishSlayer
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Succesful Maiden Voyage Empty Succesful Maiden Voyage Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Well after spending many nights reading here, i finally took the ODC420 out for it's maiden voyage this weekend. Went with an experienced tuber to show me the ropes. IT WAS A BLAST !! Walking backwards in the fins took a few minutes to get used to, and my entrance into the tube was less than graceful, but i made it !! Then i had to figure out how to not go in cirlces and get her moving in a straight line. After about an hour or so we were tooling around the pond with ease, and picking some bass to boot !
Two points i'd like to share. First, I had the most sucess 'trolling' a yum dinger along the edge. With all the float tube mods i've read about on here, somebody has to come up with a rear view mirror because my sides are killing me from always turning around to make sure i wasn't going to crash into something !! Of course this is tongue in cheek.
Second, and this was serious to me, was on my second voyage, while out after dinner, the temperature started to drop and the air pressure was diving. At one point i noticed i was having a little trouble moving along. When i looked down i noticed my lap was full of water, i was sinking ! The air in the bladders decreased a LOT to the point where they were very soft. I had to pull ashore and just blow a couple of puffs in there and i was back in shape. It reminded me that even though your in a beautiful, quiet place, you should always be paying attention to what is going on. Luckily i was along the edge so it wasn't a problem, but if was in the middle of the pond, i would have been VERY nervous. the life vest was money well spent already, just to have that thought in my mind.

SORRY to be so long winded. Tubing is a GAS !!!

Jim

2Succesful Maiden Voyage Empty Re: Succesful Maiden Voyage Wed May 08, 2013 12:49 am

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

First times are like that, I had to contain myself so I didn't write something even longer than you did. Glad you had fun! Great tube choice too btw Thumbs Up
Always be mindful of the temperature, Cold will decrease your air pressure, and hot will increase it. I'm starting to learn that myself. As for the turning around part, that part you'll get used to, unless you come up with that rearview mirror idea, I'm sure we'd all like to see one! Razz

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

3Succesful Maiden Voyage Empty Re: Succesful Maiden Voyage Wed May 08, 2013 1:14 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

awesome report on your first tube sesion!!!! And yeah, that mirror idea has popped my mind a few times LOL

4Succesful Maiden Voyage Empty Re: Succesful Maiden Voyage Wed May 08, 2013 7:22 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Congrats on the maiden voyage. Aside from springing a leak, the change in temperature is the main reason I carry a pump while tubing.

5Succesful Maiden Voyage Empty Re: Succesful Maiden Voyage Wed May 08, 2013 7:38 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think everyone has gone thru that. On my first launch i slipped and my tube went into the water away from me. Luckily my co-pilot @socalfishkilla had already launched and helped me retrieve my tube. Close call. My launches now a days are more succesful. After a few outings my steering and control of my float tube are second nature. Like riding a bike. Good luck. Tight lines.

6Succesful Maiden Voyage Empty Re: Succesful Maiden Voyage Wed May 08, 2013 8:35 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

awesome glad u had a fun time out there everything will get better and alot more fun

7Succesful Maiden Voyage Empty Re: Succesful Maiden Voyage Wed May 08, 2013 12:35 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Congrats on the fun on the water. Take a few self-portraits and post!

8Succesful Maiden Voyage Empty Re: Succesful Maiden Voyage Wed May 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Wow, thanks for the kind words !! I thought about shooting a video, but i was afraid it would end up on 'Americas funniest home videos' So i passed !!! I'll probably shoot one in the futre though . I have to be honest, the ODC420 was kind of an impulse buy at the time, i didn't know the first thing about them at the time other than i have a friend who has a tube and said i should get one. I got it brand new for $125 and after doing some reading on it and seeing the original price i figured ' this sounds like a deal to me' !! Glad i bought it becuase it does seem to get a lot of positive reviews. I have no idea how i'm going to get any work done around the house this summer or any guitars built because i'm going to want to sneak down to one of the local ponds as often as i can !!

9Succesful Maiden Voyage Empty Re: Succesful Maiden Voyage Wed May 08, 2013 3:31 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Unless you're dragging your float out of the water after swimming the freestyle for the past 100 yards, and having that on video, yeah..otherwise, there's no way we can make fun of you..or can we? Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum