FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Having an issue inflating my new Cumberland

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BigChris99

FTFF Gathering Officer

First let me say I really like my new float tube. The Cumberland seems to be the great tube you all said it was. I took it out of the box today and followed the instructions to inflate it. I had to move the bladders around on both sides a little bit so I didn't get creases in the outer skin when it was inflated. I thought I had it done, so I leaned it up against my gun safe for the evening. As I walked by it on my way to bed, I just had to give it another look!, I saw that the Boston valve on the left bladder was off center. I let the air out of it and inflated it again,same thing happened. I let the air out again and unzipped it and thought I had the bladder laid down nice and flat,but it did it again as I put air into to it. I'm using a double action hand (foot) pump and going slow when I had air. What is going on? Is this normal? I'm having a hard time getting the four velcro patches around the air valve to line up and stay together when the bladder gets full. Is that normal too? Sorry about the dumb questions from the new guy, I'd just like to get my new tube aired up and think about going fishing next weekend.

BigChris99

FTFF Gathering Officer

I know, I'll keep working on it. Thanks for looking though.

Try unzipping the putter shell and and inflate some air and move it around into it's center and then zip up the outer shell. I don't have a Cumberland and never had this problem with my outcast. Hope you get it figured out

BigChris99

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks Miller. That's what I did. Well......... actually, I got my wife to help me and she and I got it fixed. Okay, more her than me! But, I inflated it!!! Seems to be fine now. I think it's telling me two things: One, I'm an idiot, and Two, it wants to go fishing, not be here in the living room!!!!!   Smile

WTG bro. Even though it may have been all her just don't let her know that lol. 
No tube ever wants to be sitting in the room, go get it wet! 
Good luck when you take it out and let us know how you did

BigChris99

FTFF Gathering Officer

Sigh....... Maybe next weekend brother. I'm getting ready to go to a............ wedding. So, no fishing for me. Actually very good friends of ours daughter is getting married today, so not so bad. Great family, my daughter played softball with and against the to two twin sisters. I coached all of them with her dad on various teams. I should be a good time....... not as good as time on the water, but a man has to do what a man has to do to be able to throw the tube in the back of the truck and say See Ya!! next weekend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum