FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

newport early tough bite

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1newport early tough bite Empty newport early tough bite Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:10 am

mbrito88

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Lido island
Time in water :6am
Time out : 10:30am
Water temp : high 50's low 60's no temp reader.
Light current
Tide was high. First fish came on creature bait worked in closer to shore since all area was game cuz of high tide around 9am. my first hook up came about 45 min later on my owner jig rig with a gulp ghost shrimp on. Wrenched spottie up hard n fast due to anxiousness then when was 2ft in front of me broke off when trying to pull it out of water to my lap.on 10lb fluoro. Only second or third time using fluoro gotta remember that stuff doesn't stretch like mono. Then started to head back to launch cuz of a tube leak. Managed to pull up 2 more spotties on the troll with the jig rig with a gulp ghost shrimp.

2newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:28 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the report! That blows on the tube leaking was it from the valve or on the bladder itself?

3newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:32 am

mbrito88

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I think it was from a valve. was not mine was friends. Yeah seemed like the bite was just turning on too :/

4newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:34 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That blows, the spotties you caught we're there any size to them?

5newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:59 am

mbrito88

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

The first one i got on was big.that's why it broke off when i went to hoist it to my lap. The 2 i landed were pretty good size probably 14-15in. I'm going to post picture on my instagram if you'd like to check it out my instagram is mbrito88

6newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:35 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I was out there also on a yak with one of my buddies who's been asking me to help transport the tandum yak. Got to newport bout 6:45am launched from the coast gaurd station. The weather was overcast no wind. We worked our way out beotn the break wall and the wind started kicking. We had no anchor. It sucked balls. Cause we couldn't sit still. Came close to getting slammed on the rocks. Worked out way to the docks and the tide turned going out and sitting along the docks was difficult the current was viscious. Called it day bout 1:30pm. Tired as Fu@k. Caught a calico that's all. Womp womp womp!!!!lol! 

7newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:09 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

mbrito88, those gulp shrimp are like crack to these fish, I have been fishing them on almost every outing and have outfished my other setups without a doubt! I fish it also on the drop shot with a spinning setup, 20lb braid to 12lb mono leader. The bait itself I texas rig, minus the sliding weight. This has been producing everytime.

8newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:38 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:mbrito88, those gulp shrimp are like crack to these fish, I have been fishing them on almost every outing and have outfished my other setups without a doubt!  I fish it also on the drop shot with a spinning setup, 20lb braid to 12lb mono leader.  The bait itself I texas rig, minus the sliding weight.  This has been producing everytime.

The GOOD OLE DROP SHOT!!!! My go to setup. Never let's me down. Thumbs Up 

9newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:07 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sorry to hear about your tube's leakage. Best to do a full 24 hours full fill test, with bearing weight on the tube after patching, 2 days prior to hitting the water.

I'm studying on the ghost shrimps, as well as the general fresh-salt water shrimps. Something about each shrimp species and the hormones released by the injured shrimps that induce feeding frenzy on the injured shrimp, even when there's a massive abundant of slow moving shrimps around the predator. Could be the same enzymes that naturally released from the blood of injured fishes, earthworms, and insects. Need my own personal spectrometer ($$$$$).

10newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:05 pm

mbrito88

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

@Wiseguy, yeah I've had success with other gulp shrimp on other occasions n chose these this time because i was looking for a creature type bait to work on my jig rig on a slow troll since its colder. my spinning set up was 30lb braid to 10lb fluoro leader. I'm switching back to mono though because i believe i lost a very nice fish because of fluoros lack of stretch n rigidity

11newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:08 pm

mbrito88

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

@theasianguy thanks but was not my tube that was leaking was my friends and he drove. Nice info.

12newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Cool report, sucks about the lost fish but I would recommend bumping up to 15lb test line. I don't fish with anything less

13newport early tough bite Empty Re: newport early tough bite Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:17 pm

mbrito88

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yeah definitely thinking about bumping up my lb test thanks for tip miller.if you don't mind me asking what line brands do you prefer? Like spider wire, trilene, pline, suffix?mono or fluoro?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum