FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

LAB bite?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LAB bite?   Empty LAB bite? Wed May 14, 2014 11:28 pm

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Howdy guys,

It's been ages since I've tubed, and I'll be heading out this weekend in the early morning. Do any of you all have any words of wisdom for the sandie or spottie bite? I'm not a picky guy, but I've never really caught anything bigger than 10" in that harbor. I've seen reports of nice models, but they seem to evade my grasp most of the time.  Sad  Thanks.

-IF2L

2LAB bite?   Empty Re: LAB bite? Thu May 15, 2014 8:13 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I don't know where your launching from, but look for structure, if you have a fish finder, if not stick to working the docs and pilings. Spotties and Sandys are always there, most of the time. I like tossing 4-5" baits, swimbaits or creature baits are always good. Rigged them on a 1/2 oz lead head and work those docks hard. 90% of the time you'll get picked up on the drop or on the first couple cranks of the reel. Good luck and post a report of how you did.

3LAB bite?   Empty Re: LAB bite? Thu May 15, 2014 9:55 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

For seem reason I've always had better luck at night at the LAB. The key is to keep moving.

4LAB bite?   Empty Re: LAB bite? Thu May 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

wiseguy wrote:I don't know where your launching from, but look for structure, if you have a fish finder, if not stick to working the docs and pilings.  Spotties and Sandys are always there, most of the time.  I like tossing 4-5" baits, swimbaits or creature baits are always good.  Rigged them on a 1/2 oz lead head and work those docks hard. 90% of the time you'll get picked up on the drop or on the first couple cranks of the reel.  Good luck and post a report of how you did.

Thanks Wiseguy. I usually prefer to throw T-rigged 3.5" worms as the general population of bass can inhale that size lure. I'm planning to launch from 68th street and the plan is the work near the sportfishing docks and north later in the day. Report for sure.

.:LOLLY:. wrote:For seem reason I've always had better luck at night at the LAB. The key is to keep moving.

I've noticed that too. Much of the reports of larger fish I've read are usually caught at night. I recall reading one from Lokey last summer of some good sized spotties caught during the day, but other than that any fish over 12" was usually reported at night or in the whee hours of the morning.

5LAB bite?   Empty Re: LAB bite? Thu May 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You would be surprised what some fish try to eat. I have caught plenty of tiny sand bass on 6" swim baits. You just have to have variety. Sometimes they want small swimbaits and sometimes even something like bumping it up to 1" bigger makes a world of difference.

6LAB bite?   Empty Re: LAB bite? Thu May 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:You would be surprised what some fish try to eat. I have caught plenty of tiny sand bass on 6" swim baits. You just have to have variety. Sometimes they want small swimbaits and sometimes even something like bumping it up to 1" bigger makes a world of difference.

True. I've had some tiny bass munch down on my worms.

7LAB bite?   Empty Re: LAB bite? Fri May 16, 2014 2:54 am

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

As you're working the docks and pilings, have one rod on the holder with a DS worm (fools bait) or a 3" BH swim bait city shrimp color.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum