FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Berkley Tournament at Irvine lake report

+2
Yellowrock
Mikeotunakiller
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Berkley Tournament at Irvine lake report Empty Berkley Tournament at Irvine lake report Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:39 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Well it was a beautiful sunny day, which happened to be a almost a skunky type day. The fishing wasn't very good to say the least lol.

We both got there around 5am to wait in line for the gates to open at 6am. Tony G. and I chatted for a bit and we discussed where we will meet inside the gates to launch our tubes.

At 6am the gates open and we launched at the west shore near the boat dock, figuring that would be a good starting spot since usually in the morning it's a good spot to fish. Well, we might have been wrong with that choice lol. We spent good portion of the day fishing around that area, flats, mid lake with no success. Every random once in a while we might see someone catch a fish or travel past in there boat flaunting there "trophy trout", but sill very little action. Tony would get a mark on his finder, but it was almost once an hour lol.

After a while with no success, I mentioned we should head up to one of my go to spots which is a little cove just past the end of west shore. I generally have good fishing there, so we decided to make our way cruising along the west shore hoping for bites. It did get a little more promising as we traveled and past fellow tubers, asking them there reports for the morning and about 90% said they at least got a fish.

Around 12:45 we got to my spot and once there a grp of fisherman in a pontoon boat reeled up a nice trout. In my mind I was thinking this is my spot and that should be "my" fish lol. We fished there for a short time, but Tony had to leave soon and weigh cut off was getting even closer. I was already counting the day as a skunk. We were trying everything pb, night crawlers, power mouse, mice tails, mini jigs, drop shot trout worm, variety of colors and nothing was hitting. As I began the descent back to our launching area not even 100ft away from "my" spot, I decided to split shot an orange trout worm (my go to color at irvine). My first cast and bam, I was hit and was hooked up. I was so excited, skunk is now erased and I bring up my little less then 1lb trout. I was content. I felt like I just won! lol. Unfortunately that was our only fish to be caught, but either way it was an amazing day!

It was great to meet Tony in person. I remember seeing him once in his Bright orange tube at SARL before, he had some catfish he caught on a very rainy day. I didn't talk to him, but that was one moment I thought wow I really want a tube. Now here I am, got to meet the gentlemen that helped push the want for the tube and got to fish with him. He taught me a lot on how I want to set my tube up, with rod holders, fish finder and how to be courteous out on the water, also, that it's ok to chat with people asking them how the fishing is going and what tactics they are using. Oh and his bright orange tube is sick!

I look forward to our next fishing outing and hope my friend Pavo can make the next outing. I look forward to fishing with all of you (at least the ones that are in my area) sometime soon. If any of you are ever going out fishing, hit me up. As long as I have the day off I am game!

See you all in the water soon.

Sincerely,

Mike-O

Here is a pic of me with my little dude (Thank you tony for taking the pic):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Skunk buster check! Great report. Sometimes it's like that. All day for nada then just as you're about to call it a day or when all hope is lost, bam! You get hit. This is where the notion comes "size don't matter". Glad u had a good time.

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Yo big MikeO,

LIttle late but I just saw this, good stuff, great report, right on the money!!!! i was wondering if you had reported on this..

u doing the Sierra in the City tourney this sat....4-19, i got the green light from the wifey...sort of cost me though LOL, pedi & manicure plus dinner at the Orange Minning company LOL LOL....

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great report and beat the skunk!
Did I mention I like that tube!

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:Yo big MikeO,

LIttle late but I just saw this, good stuff, great report, right on the money!!!! i was wondering if you had reported on this..

u doing the Sierra in the City tourney this sat....4-19, i got the green light from the wifey...sort of cost me though LOL, pedi & manicure plus dinner at the Orange Minning company LOL LOL....

hahah... You could probably have bought another tube with the money you spent! I took my gf to Carls Jr, and drove up to OMC for the view and she was good to go..lol

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

How did the trollers do?

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Casting Call wrote:
Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:Yo big MikeO,

hahah... You could probably have bought another tube with the money you spent! I took my gf to Carls Jr, and drove up to OMC for the view and she was good to go..lol

Maybe ill try this when we go their on saturday LOL..

LOL@for the view, AWESOME!!! hahaha she was probably like we going in....lol....

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

We wouldve gone in but too bad we already ate..lol

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Casting Call wrote:We wouldve gone in but too bad we already ate..lol

hhahah for sure LOL..... Thumbs Up 

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice little report. Thank you.
Ive never fished in any kind of tournament; the whole idea of competition fishing seems outre to me.
But listening to you, it sounds like a neat challenge.

Thanks again and congrats on beating the skunk.

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

@casting call: trollers did alright. I think one of bigger trout was on troll. How ever I think the majority were caught in Sierra cove. They were filling the lake so all that fresh water got the trouts attention.

@dayhut: yeah, never thought about doing them. But I realized they are tons of fun. Even if you don't win the tournament you still have a chance at getting good raffle prizes. One thing I love is the chance at meeting really nice people and learning new tricks.

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Mikeotunakiller wrote:

@dayhut: yeah,  never thought about doing them.  But I realized they are tons of fun.  Even if you don't win the tournament you still have a chance at getting good raffle prizes.  One thing I love is the chance at meeting really nice people and learning new tricks.  
Thanks for that - Im sold!

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum