FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Pablosparky Today at 10:11 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Pablosparky Today at 9:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Today at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Quick" LAB solo session sunday 3/30

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Quick" LAB solo session sunday 3/30 Empty "Quick" LAB solo session sunday 3/30 Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

So a lil late but here's my report minus the picture for now. I'm taking this rather slow morning at work to type this up so here goes.
Got to Ocean blvd to launch off the beach at 6:30am. This was supposed to be a short session thinking about done by 10:00am.  I knew it was going to be a tough day when I got out of the car and heard the haunting howling noise of Santa Ana telling me to get the eff out of dodge. Yeah, windy like a mofo. Eff it, i'm here and there's nobody around. Launched off and immediately being blown away. Well, Sundays are usually my cardio days so here it goes.. Fished the Kayak rentals dock that usually produces for nada. Kicked across the bay to fish the slips for more nada. If Nada was a fish, i'll catch him and kick his azz. Continued working each slip changing up swimbaits, worm, grubs, DS and whatever was in my arsenal for short bites and more nada. Now i'm freakin' pissed. You know that feeling when the Clydedale blinders are on and my focus is in every nook and cranny and i'm zoned in where nothing can distract me? Yeah, i was in the zone. Santa Ana made it difficult for long casts between boats so I had to resort to flipping and jigging. Finally got hit on the DS. DAMN! Lizzie! oh well, better than nothing but still not counting the Lizzie as a skunk buster.. Worked all the way to the end of Corso Di Napoli and back for more Lizzies then decided it's time to call it a day. Kicked across and worked the CSULB sail boat docks and bam..... finally a Sandie on the Hammer City Shrimp swimbait! Worked inside the slips and got a bunch of short bites and as I was turning the corner, I pulled out a nice Sandie out between two sail boats that didn't want to be caught. Gave a fight like nobodys business. By the time I was done, it was 12:30pm (Again!!). So much for the "quick" session.  Rolling Eyes

So finally finished my post. It's 6:17pm. uughhh... started at 8:00am

2"Quick" LAB solo session sunday 3/30 Empty Re: "Quick" LAB solo session sunday 3/30 Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Haha Awesome report. I'm stoked you were able to kick the skunk away. I know all about trying to get something typed out while being at work.

3"Quick" LAB solo session sunday 3/30 Empty Re: "Quick" LAB solo session sunday 3/30 Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Good job, it sounded like a fun trip! Sometimes those short strikes are good for your focus.

4"Quick" LAB solo session sunday 3/30 Empty Re: "Quick" LAB solo session sunday 3/30 Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:53 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I was there early Saturday morning.as told in my report somewhere... don't feel bad..I had a tough pick on the bass myself threw everything in my arsenal... hit all my best spots... it was a very strange bite very small baits ( which I don't like to throw) and the strikes were little taps like lizard fish bites.... the LAB is absolutely stuffed with all kinds of different bait fish so the bass are not stressing about finding forage...I got best results when I switched to an umbrella rig.

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

5"Quick" LAB solo session sunday 3/30 Empty Re: "Quick" LAB solo session sunday 3/30 Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:28 pm

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Lol.... Quick session Yellowrock? Is that even feasible with us? It's always that one more cast for us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum