FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back to back weekends of slayage Part 1

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to back weekends of slayage Part 1 Empty Back to back weekends of slayage Part 1 Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I figure since I have time today, I would finally put in my reports for the past two weekends.  Let me tell you, the fishing at Irvine lake is off the hook!

First trip to Irvine was Sunday 13th, the day after the Masters tournament.  Pavo and I cruised there early morning and I was hung over as heck!  I didn't even get drunk the night before and man, I now remember why I'm not a fan of drinking a lot of IPA's.  When we arrived I had a migraine, head was spinning and was nausea's.  I ended up throwing up and using the restroom and that seemed to help a little bit.  By the way I was feeling, it felt like it wasn't going to be a very good day of fishing.  

Pavo and I decided to start around boat dock cove since much of the west most of the west shore was closed, because they have let a lot of water in and it is now 12ft higher.  The fishing was slow with light winds and cloudy sky's.  We worked that area for a bit with no success, so we started moving towards the flats and decided that wouldn't be a bad spot to try it out.

It was still really slow no real bites or anything.  I decided I was going to start working my way to sierra cove and on my way, I got bit while fishing a drop shot trout worm.  It was a little LMB.  Nothing big, but on 2lb test and trout tackle, it was a fun fight.

After the bass, the wind started to pick up and it got harder for pavo on his toon to sit in a spot, so he decided to anchor up in his little secret spot for a bit and I realized I really had to use the restroom.  I informed him that I was going to use the restroom and would come back after I finished.  I remembered there was a restroom in Sierra Cove and decided that is were I would go, figured while I was on my way there I would troll a split shot white/orange mouse tail and a split shot orange trout worm.  On my way to sierra cove, I got a big bite, but missed the hook set, that got me excited.

Once I got to the cove, I realized it was packed.  So full of boats, it would have been sketchy trying to get to shore.  I then made a decision to travel across the lake, to the west shore and hit the port-a-potty over there.  I continued trolling the mouse tail and trout worm about 150yds away from the dam buoy line, I got my first trout about half way across.  I was soo stoked!  He was a little guy, but fun.  I decided to work straight down the middle of the lake in the general direction to where I was going to use the restroom, but also wanted to make a quick pass by my secret spot.  While heading down the center of the lake, I got my 2nd trout.  You won't believe how catching a few trout will make you forget about having to use the restroom.  

Pavo finally started heading over and finally reached me while I was fishing my favorite spot and I told him the good news, so he tucked in the cove and anchored up where he would catch a beautiful bass.  I left him there so I finally can use the restroom, considering I now feel like I'm going to explode.  

After I used the restroom, I felt a million times better.  Good news to me the trout decided they wanted to keep on biting.  I ended the day with 7 trout total (lost 2 trying to net) and 1 LMB.  It ended up being a great day.  

I caught all my trout with mice tails and trout worms mostly split shot rigged, but one trout and bass was from drop shot.  

Here are a few pics, enjoy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's time for dinner, stay tuned for part 2 of the Irvine trout slaying.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Nice pictures and thanks for that report bro nice work.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Great Work By the both of you and thanks for the pictures , always makes the report that much better

WES

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Very nice. Way to go guys.

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great job Mike! Yeah those pesky trouts are amazing on 2lb test. Glad to hear it was an awesome trip.
And I know what you mean when you say you felt a million times better after unloading. That's my problem every time I tube. Haha

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks guys, yeah it was a great day. Having to use the restroom while out on the water can get annoying. But it's no biggie lol, I probably should just lay off the coffee and maybe not drink the night before Wink lol.

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Congratz and great report!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum