FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Today at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Today at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Today at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Today at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Today at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Today at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Broken Heart after loosing a Toad

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Broken Heart after loosing a Toad Empty Broken Heart after loosing a Toad Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:24 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Hey what's up everyone, well here is a report from Santa Ana River Lake. My wife and I float tube the lake this past Sunday  Feb the 21st. It was a tuff day being that it was warm. We both manage to beat the skunk. Even the shoreline was a slow from our view. Towards the end of the day we hit Chris's pond, we where jigging and suddenly my wife yells... BABE!!! I need help! I turned to her and the first thing I see is her rod is super bendo, I could hear the drag screaming! I ran to her and started to coach her. As I'm coaching her, she tells me "IT'S A TOAD BABE! I SEEN IT RIGHT BEFORE IT STARTED TO FIGHT" well after a few moments this toad takes my wifes line straight across the pond right into other lines Shocked as I seen what was going to happen I started to yell..... DONT PULL YOUR LINES!!!........yup, they pulled their lines thinking they where hooked up and sure enough they pulled the hook Evil or Very Mad  This would of have been my wife's first super trout. I never felt so mad at another fisherman like I did Sunday. My wife was ok about it till she understood me after I told her, We put time and dedication to what we love to do and just because these 2 fishermen don't it caused you your first trophy fish. Well at the end of the day, she was broken hearted  Sad but she is ready to go back. THE TUG IS THE DRUG Twisted Evil  
At the end of the day it made my day watching my wife doing what I love to do Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the image of the toad she lost due to the fishermen in the background
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Broken Heart after loosing a Toad Empty Re: Broken Heart after loosing a Toad Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:41 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Congratz on getting out and enjoying the day Chris.
To about about moma's lost monster. The guys on the other side of the lake were probably thinking, man that dude could see our fish hit from there, must be a monster!

3Broken Heart after loosing a Toad Empty Re: Broken Heart after loosing a Toad Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:05 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Nice report bro and yeah it sucks about other peeps not being team players....ASSES haha....good work to both!!!

4Broken Heart after loosing a Toad Empty Re: Broken Heart after loosing a Toad Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Sucks that that fish got away , but Tony its not far to call people Asses lol its a small pond with too many people it will happen its like getting a double hookup on a boat to fish run towards each other 1 or both are bound to lose there fish ..

Thanks for the Report Chris you all are putting in work Twisted Evil

Wes

5Broken Heart after loosing a Toad Empty Re: Broken Heart after loosing a Toad Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:48 am

socal_native

socal_native
FTFF Gathering Officer

Nice day fishing even if it was slow.

I know how it is with others not really paying attention to their surrounding.

And because of the location you have to know any slight tug will get everyone's attention and they won't care that it's just your line they cast over and now have you snagged or that monster you have been fighting for a few minutes, right next to them, has just swam in front of them and they now have it double hooked.

Lost many like that at corona.
Even had one 4-5 pounder tired and dragging it to the shore from my tube and a shore guy cast right over me and snagged my line and the fish.
Then proceeded to snag the fish and tugged it all the way to him, of course he was using at least 20lb line.

And when I got out and went over to him to point out that my worm and hook were in it's mouth and that he had side hooked the fish him and his buddies said he had landed it and that's what counts as to who's fish it was. Are all people at the drive up lakes like that? No. But it's cheap entertainment for a day and easy, local access means anyone can get there and do it.

Enjoy the day and the company you are with. It's more fun and a lot less stressful that way

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum