FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Question on Waders
by SP Dan Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:33 pm

» 8 Fans Waders
by SP Dan Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:28 pm

» Alamitos on the fly 8/31
by jeffcpr Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:24 pm

» Upgraded Sonar for my float tube/kayak
by Tim Murphy Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:58 pm

» Forum Patches are in the works
by jeffcpr Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:46 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by jeffcpr Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:47 pm

» Silicone realistic flies for sale
by SP Dan Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:31 pm

» Delete - Delete
by SP Dan Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:28 pm

» Bionic Fly Fishing Baits
by SP Dan Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:26 pm

» Alamitos Bay 8/25/24
by beedee Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:14 pm

» Isla De Cedros, Baja
by SP Dan Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:47 pm

» Current Donations to the 14th Annual FTFF Toy Drive
by jeffcpr Sat Aug 17, 2024 8:33 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Stonewood in Alamitos on the fly 8/31
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Forum Patches are in the works
( 3 )

» Post by beedee in Alamitos Bay 8/25/24
( 2 )

» Post by beedee in Delete - Delete
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Silicone realistic flies for sale
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custom Bass Popper's!

+5
Jerdon
bigfish
Tony G Fishing
jeffcpr
CanadianTubeFisher
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Custom Bass Popper's! - Page 2 Empty Re: Custom Bass Popper's! Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:38 pm

CanadianTubeFisher

CanadianTubeFisher
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Here's just a few more popper's I finished off recently.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

27Custom Bass Popper's! - Page 2 Empty Re: Custom Bass Popper's! Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:54 am

CanadianTubeFisher

CanadianTubeFisher
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Here's a Bluegill crankbait I finished just the other day. It's was my first try at this pattern. I'm going to attempt it a couple more times, but with a few small detail changes. But I don't think the fish will really notice or care.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28Custom Bass Popper's! - Page 2 Empty Re: Custom Bass Popper's! Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:30 am

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Dang dude those are pretty cool.  I guess it's time to invest in a sharp carving knife and some things.  Corks are endless in my horse as my wife loves her wine and champagne

29Custom Bass Popper's! - Page 2 Empty Re: Custom Bass Popper's! Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:42 pm

CanadianTubeFisher

CanadianTubeFisher
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thai Mai Shu wrote:Dang dude those are pretty cool.  I guess it's time to invest in a sharp carving knife and some things.  Corks are endless in my horse as my wife loves her wine and champagne

LOL! The way I see it, it's a win, win situation. Thanks!

30Custom Bass Popper's! - Page 2 Empty Re: Custom Bass Popper's! Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

CanadianTubeFisher wrote:
Thai Mai Shu wrote:Dang dude those are pretty cool.  I guess it's time to invest in a sharp carving knife and some things.  Corks are endless in my horse as my wife loves her wine and champagne

LOL! The way I see it, it's a win, win situation. Thanks!
salute

Just a quick question though. How challenging is it to get that crank to run true? What do you use for the bill? I do plastic model kits so I can get down on the painting parts, this I'm sure of. I'd just have to learn how to carve and place the metal screw rings so that they don't rip out in a fight.

31Custom Bass Popper's! - Page 2 Empty Re: Custom Bass Popper's! Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:24 am

CanadianTubeFisher

CanadianTubeFisher
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I only paint my lures. I buy my lures online in bulk and play around with them at my airbrush table. I do use YouTube and try out some of the patterns other's are sharing. As for getting any lure to run true/straight, I always look at the screw rings to make sure they are all lined up and straight with each other. Now, some you can tweek a little left or right, but only to a point. I have bought brand name lures and had to adjust the front screw ring a little right out of the box. But that's very seldom. I also don't mind if the other screw rings are a little out of alignment from each other, because I can in most cases bend them back into place. Besides, being off a bit you wont notice. The split rings allow for so much hook movement, that I have never had an issue with hook up's because of a screw ring being slightly out of alignment. The front screw ring is my main concern, everything else I can adjust and fix just before I final coat my lure's. Hope this makes sense and answers your questions. I have fished and tested a handful of these lure's myself in clear water and had no problems with them. I hope this makes sense and answers your questions. Cheers!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum