FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Togiak Inflation Tips/Details

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Togiak Inflation Tips/Details Empty Togiak Inflation Tips/Details Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:05 am

Markiemark9

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hi Everyone,

I upgraded to a Togiak and it came in the mail yesterday (thanks to the FTFF discount on CoverBonanza.com)!!!

I followed the manual for assembly and initial inflation and got it out on the water last night and even caught a handful of small LMB!

My questions are below:

• What PSI is everyone inflating their's to? I couldn't find a max listed in the manual. Is 2 PSI still safe as with most inflatables?

• How are you all keeping the tail section from overlapping when sitting in it on the water? It forms a nice point/cone when sitting on dry land, but as soon as I sit in it, the 2 bladders begin to overlap. I've noticed this on others Togiaks as well but interested if there is best practice to avoid this or if it's just a design flaw.

Thanks,
Mark

2Togiak Inflation Tips/Details Empty Re: Togiak Inflation Tips/Details Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:00 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

U am not sure about the pressure we have always just gone with the squeeze test. There should be a little guve on either side when it is inflated. On hot day it needs to have more give as it will expand in the heat. As for the back issue, i believe there is a thread about adding a form fitting cut out to keep the structure of the back end. Other then this it is a design flaw. But i would say you have a good tube nothing really wrong with. I hope that helps and if i can find the thread I was talking about i will pass it on to you

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Togiak Inflation Tips/Details Empty Re: Togiak Inflation Tips/Details Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:39 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I own a Togiak. There has always been a lot of discussion about proper inflation. I agree with Jeff that the squeeze method is best.

I have witnessed a number of Float Tube blow-outs. Ambient temp/sunlight can quickly cause an over inflation condition. What may seem to be proper inflation when depending on a gauge can create false trust. If you have the tube inflated so that it is taut while sitting on the water you will be fine. Sitting in the water will helps keep the air from expanding too much. But pull it up on shore and let it sit in the sunlight and it will become over inflated very quickly. If you leave it taut and sitting in the back of your truck when it's hot it will quickly become over inflated.  

I always let some pressure out even if I sit it on the grass under a shade tree. I wish I had a more precise answer for tube inflation. But 2 psi isn't much pressure as far as gauges go.

I keep my tube inflated so it is taut (on the water). I haven't lost a tube yet. But I pay close attention to my tube at all times. Because of the type of valves on the Togiak it is easy to make slight adjustments even when your on the water. If you feel you need to make a very slight air adjustment on the water, you can. Many tubes have Boston valves. Adding air to them on the water is OK, but trying to let air out could be very bad.

I hassled with the overlap tail section for quite some time. It never seemed to make any difference so I eventually gave up. I wasn't aware of the insert solution so I will be looking for this as well.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Togiak Inflation Tips/Details Empty Re: Togiak Inflation Tips/Details Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:37 am

Markiemark9

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks for the tips and advice guys. Looking forward to learning more about the tail overlap fix.

5Togiak Inflation Tips/Details Empty Re: Togiak Inflation Tips/Details Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:54 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Currently I own a Super Fat Cat, my first was a Cumbie. I never attempted to release air from the Cumbie when I was on the lake. Not advisable. Super Fat Cat on the other hand has a push button valve to release air, a lot easier to control during the day.

That being said, I still am watchful of the temperature conditions when I launch and during the day. The "pinch or Poke" method is what I and many others are using to determine the air pressure.

My tube is somewhat limp in the AM, stout in the PM. It's just a learning curve. But by all means, deflate a considerable amount of air during down times, on land, transporting, and storage.............GT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum