FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Today at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Today at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Motorized inflated pontoon question

+3
Ornery Bob
Casting Call
Duckman01
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Motorized inflated pontoon question Empty Motorized inflated pontoon question Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Duckman01

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hello,
Does anyone on here have a motorized inflatable pontoon? How do you attach the CF number and registration stickers. I just got my Sea Eagle 285 and am planning on taking it out on the water at Silverwood this weekend. I have it registered with the DMV and have my CF number.
Thank you,
Duckman01

2Motorized inflated pontoon question Empty Re: Motorized inflated pontoon question Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:51 am

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I had mine on some plexiglass and just hung the plates over the sides. But I think the CF needs to be placed permanently.
Thinking more about this, you can stencil the CF number on  the pontoons. For the annual sticker, glue some Velcro on your toons, stick the sticker on some Vinyl (so that the sticky side is stuck onto something), put Velcro on that, and just velcro the sticker to your toon when needed! Just remember to use glue thats made for the material for your toon. The patch kit glue would probably work.

3Motorized inflated pontoon question Empty Re: Motorized inflated pontoon question Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Sorry, but the regulations have changed and placards or signboards are no longer allowed at all. West Marine has flexible vinyl paint and stencils or you can order a custom vinyl number plate and glue it permanently to the boat.

"The Registration Numbers, Letters and Sticker must be PERMANENTLY ATTACHED and on the Forward Half of the Vessel. Adhering registration numbers and stickers on glass or plastic windows or using placards (signboards) are NOT considered Permanent and can no longer be used unless they are bolted or screwed in place on the hull or superstructure (including on dinghies). Signboards cannot be attached to railings. Inflatable boat manufacturers should be contacted for letters and numbers made of the same material / adhesive as the boat to attain permanency. Validation stickers issued by states can be adhered to metal or plastic plates and mounted on grab straps with non-reversible wire ties, but must be within 6 inches of the registration number and visible to law enforcement officers."

4Motorized inflated pontoon question Empty Re: Motorized inflated pontoon question Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Duckman01

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thank again for the information guys. I will get someone I know out to West Marine tomorrow for me to get the vinyl letters. Here is a picture of me sitting in my boat while in "Grass Dry Dock". I am adding a shelf in the front area to mount my Garmin fish finder and my GoPro.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5Motorized inflated pontoon question Empty Re: Motorized inflated pontoon question Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

CCCCCOOOOOOLLLLLLLL welcome to the darkside buddy.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Motorized inflated pontoon question Empty Re: Motorized inflated pontoon question Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 am

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

God bless Ca. Another reason Nevada or Idaho look better every day.

7Motorized inflated pontoon question Empty Re: Motorized inflated pontoon question Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:56 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Duckman01 nice set up.
I would really like a report of how that tube/boat travels and set up time at the water.
How well do the oars work? Landing fish?

8Motorized inflated pontoon question Empty Re: Motorized inflated pontoon question Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Looks like a cool setup! I'm sure I could get into real trouble with a motor!

9Motorized inflated pontoon question Empty Re: Motorized inflated pontoon question Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Hunt

Hunt
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Catching any in dry dock?

http://www.integrity-traders.com

10Motorized inflated pontoon question Empty Re: Motorized inflated pontoon question Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:23 am

Duckman01

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I had as much chance in my grass dry dock as I did out on the water. Strange thing is the boat looked pretty large in the back yard. Boy it looked small out on Silverwood Lake. Handled great.

Duckman01

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum