FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Review and recommendation

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Review and recommendation Empty Review and recommendation Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Ok, so first off the prereview, as in, haven't taken it out yet.
The Classic Accessories Cumberland float tubes came in. I'm pretty impressed. My last (and first) float tube was the Caddis Stalker II (I think). I had that thing for something like 20 years. Never had to patch it, never had the material get brittle, just took it out, if I went to the salt, I rinsed and dried before putting it away. So that's my impression of a float tube (btw, it never failed, I ended up giving it away when I got a kickboat, as far as I know, that sucker is still being fished somewhere).
The Cumberlands look like they're built to address every minor complaint I might have had with the Caddis, and last a LOT longer. The bladders were a bit crooked in the skin, fiddle with it a bit and you're solid. The lower half of the skin is made of zodiac like skin, looks like it will be very abrasion resistant. It's of the V design, upswept in back, so they should be a bit faster and track better. I like the storage section behind the seat, good spot to just toss things over your shoulder. The seat is WAY over engineered, looks like it's going to be super nice. I'm a little concerned that the cross bar ends are not velcroed to the boat like they were in the Caddis, but I assume that won't be an issue on the water. I'll chatter more on it once we've gotten them wet.

Now I'm looking for a recommendation. I'm a big (fat) guy, my son is my son, smaller, but still big. I can fish freshwater in just shorts over the Summer, but salt tends to stay chilly, there's razor grass etc. We're having trouble finding big guy waders, any recommendations? Also, if this isn't the spot for this post, please let me know and I'll delete and post in the correct section.

2Review and recommendation Empty Re: Review and recommendation Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:51 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

The Cumberland has been my tube for years and I have enjoyed it no real issues at all. The Caddis Stacker II is a very high-quality float tube it has its place but is kind of outdated. As for waders I wish I had an answer but I am sure someone will add there 2 cents meanwhile I will move this to where it should (no worries) and look for a thread about waders we already had on the forum that might have some info for you as well.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Review and recommendation Empty Re: Review and recommendation Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:53 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Not sure but maybe this will help you look for waders.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Review and recommendation Empty Re: Review and recommendation Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Ok, now I see where to post these topics thank you. It's a bigger site than I had previously realized.

5Review and recommendation Empty Re: Review and recommendation Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:14 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Fishbones805,
Your intro says you live in IE.
If that is correct go to the BassPro shop. They have a lot of waders and you can try them on. The flyfishing shop has waders the hunting section upstairs has more. Super cheap to ridiculously expensive.

I hope this helps

6Review and recommendation Empty Re: Review and recommendation Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Ya, BPS seems to be the only spot that one would be able to try them on.  Seeing as how I'm still working my way through the ear infection, that may be my Saturday.  Thanks for the recommendation.
BPS also seems to have several sets that come in "stout" sizes. if this works like it sounds, might be good. "Stout" guys are used to having something fit around the waist, but be waaaaaaaay long in the inseam.

7Review and recommendation Empty Re: Review and recommendation Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

The first step in shopping for waders is getting a measuring tape and measuring yourself. This simple step eliminates all the guesswork.

Every manufacturer, including Bass Pro Shops, offers detailed sizing charts for every model of waders they make and you can see exactly if they're going to fit or not. You usually have to click some sort of link to get the detailed size charts, but it's worth the effort.

At least this way, you'll know *exactly* what you're looking for if you decide to go in and try them.

I bought my Caddis waders from Amazon and because I measured myself first, there were no surprises when they arrived.

Good luck and looking forward to your reports!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum