I forgot my password

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » U.S. Post and Topics » U.S. West Region Introductions and Discussions » Fishing Reports Western Region » Perris info

Perris info

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Perris info on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:26 pm

Komori

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I posted this as a last minute reply for Lake Perris. so many members might not have read it , I put it up here again. How that is OK Jeff...

A few years back, I met an older man (yes, even older than me if you can believe it!) who was wading waist deep at Sail Cove. He was catching one bass after another- nothing big, but about 2 pounds each. I slowly kicked my tube kind of close to him and ask if I could approach him. He said sure. I was sure he was using small live crawdads and ask him if that was what he was using. He laughed and showed me what he was using. He even showed me how to fish them. He caught 2 bass while I stood next to him!.. He told me that there are only 2 baits (lures) that he ever uses at Perris. I'll tell you one of them. It's the 4.5 inch curly tail Robo Worm in the Prism Shad color with a tiny sliding sinker rigged Texas style on 6 lb mono. I've used that worm and the other bait there and have done very well on them before I started to fish pretty much just for the giant Bluegill.

2 Re: Perris info on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Jerdon

That is a great color for worms at Perris.

Thanks for sharing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: Perris info on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:02 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Great info thanks for sharing.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4 Re: Perris info on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:15 pm

Komori

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I actually dip the tail in Chartreuse garlic "Spike It". Seems to help, at least it did when the water was Low and green.

5 Re: Perris info on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:06 am

562fly

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
I plan to head out soon and float tube it with my fly rod. It be nice to catch some of those giant blue gill on the fly.

6 Re: Perris info on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:23 am

SP Dan

Very informative information ... thanks for sharing it with us! Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

7 Re: Perris info on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Misfitdog

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
SXE Shad works as well Thumbs Up its that time guys the fall bite is starting , the shad are moving and the bass are biting Twisted Evil

8 Re: Perris info on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:48 pm

Komori

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I may as well tell you guys what the other lure was. Everyone uses them now. No secret. It was the shad colored Ika, rigged with an open regular worm hook and also with the tentacles hanging down. Not reversed like so many rig it today.. I thought it was a big tube jig. He kind of hopped it along, letting it sit on the bottom for a few seconds. He caught a bass right at our feet almost! He said that there are not many snags in Sail Cove, that's why he used an open hook.

9 Re: Perris info on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:19 am

Jerdon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I may as well tell you guys what the other lure was.  Everyone uses them now.  No secret. It was the shad colored Ika, rigged with an open regular worm hook and also with the tentacles hanging down.  Not reversed like so many rig it today..  I thought it was a big tube jig.  He kind of hopped it along, letting it sit on the bottom for a few seconds.  He caught a bass right at our feet almost!  He said that there are not many snags in Sail Cove, that's why he used an open hook.

I guess you figured why not after a day or so.
Thanks again for sharing.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum