by GT Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » High Tide vs Low Tide, am I doing this right?

High Tide vs Low Tide, am I doing this right?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 High Tide vs Low Tide, am I doing this right? on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Alakai

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
When looking at the tides, am I reading this right? Going towards High Tide I should follow the red path. Going towards Low tide I should follow the black path. Am I doing it right?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SP Dan

It looks like you've got a solid grasp on the tidal movements in LAB! Thumbs Up
There is a bit more to the LAB tidal movements which you will learn in time but for now you've got it.

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Alakai

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Thanks for the confirmation. I was absolutely perplexed since the tides seem to be opposite of what I expected. High tide this morning was supposed to be at about 8am, but the tide seemed to want to pull me out.

Low tide was at about 2pm and when I was heading in to 69th from the middle of the bay around Corso Di Napoli and it seemed to be pulling me in! Now that you confirmed that for me, I am guessing it was just the wind that I was worried about in the beginning.

jplee3

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Thanks for the confirmation. I was absolutely perplexed since the tides seem to be opposite of what I expected. High tide this morning was supposed to be at about 8am, but the tide seemed to want to pull me out.

Low tide was at about 2pm and when I was heading in to 69th from the middle of the bay around Corso Di Napoli and it seemed to be pulling me in! Now that you confirmed that for me, I am guessing it was just the wind that I was worried about in the beginning.

It sounds like it could be the wind yea? Was it blowing pretty hard and against you as you were kicking?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you were coming back from Corso Di Napoli, which is northwest of 69th, it sounds like you had 10mph winds in your face! Sounds like the wind was definitely working against you.

Alakai

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
OKay so if the winds are showing coming from SSW heading to NNE and I was heading SE, that makes total sense, felt like the tide/wind was going NW though but my sense of direction when in the water could totally be off when I was kicking in.

Thank you JP!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum