FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019

+3
jeffcpr
Jerdon
SP Dan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:49 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

HH, Sun 1-13-2019.
I fished with GT today and we landed approx 60 fish between the two of us!
It was good fishing with you again GT!
 Thumbs Up

I always like to take a few minutes before each session to calm my thoughts and to remember to give thanks, for being so BLESSED for having such good health and for this opportunity of being here today ... enjoying the water, all of it's abundance and to take-in the breath taking sunrise of each morning's session .... amen![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Duration: 06:00 hrs until 12:00 hrs (6 hrs)
Sun Rise: 06:57 hrs
Sun Set: 17:04 hrs, the days are definitely getting a bit longer as each new day arrives.
Moon Phase: Waxing Crescent
Gray Light: 06:00 hrs
Tidal Conditions: 05:00 3.6 ft, 06:00 hrs 3.1 ft, 07:00 hrs 2.7 ft, 08:00 hrs 2.5 ft, 08:51 LT hrs 2.4 ft, 10:00 hrs 2.6 ft, 11:00 hrs 2.8 ft, 12:00 hrs 3.0 ft ... etc.
Air temperatures during session: clear sky's to cloudy skies with temps ranging from 46 deg to 59 deg.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Water temperatures: 52 deg
Wind: 06:00 hrs 3 mph E, 12:00 hrs 4 mph ESE.
Water clarity: translucent green and filthy after the rains.
Large Leaf Kelp Beds: None to report
Water Visibility: 2-3 ft
Tidal Coefficient: (CE) 48 in the morning, this is a low average and considered a stable rate.
iSolunar Prediction: Major Period: 03:57 hrs until 06:57 hrs and the Minor Period: 10:41 hrs until 12:15 hrs.
(1 out of 4 possible) <"))>< <"))>< <"))>< <"))><
Sea Dogs: 1 to report
Dolphin: None to report
Pelagic Bird Activity: minimal diving Pelicans to report
Bait Presence: minimal bait presence
Distance kicked: 1.73 miles
Calories Burnt: 743 calories, if walking.
Personal Attire: board shorts
Fish Finder used: Deeper Pro +
Model of Float Tube: Cumberland
Type of fins used: Force Fins

Tackle Used: 1/4oz Sardine Green/Silver, White Shad and the 3/8oz Mint colored HUB's.

GT's fish count this morning: 33-fish today,

SP Dan's fish count this morning: 27-fish today, 5-species, 1 PB and ZERO legals to report today.

(1) Barracuda 23 1/2" and PB

(1) Jack Smelt (no pic)

(4) Greenback Mackerel, best 10"

(3) short Sandy's, best 11"

(18) short Spotty's, best 13 3/4"

Note: All legals shown, but just one pic of each species landed if short and all fish were quickly CPR'd.

PLEASE .... always be completely respectful to the boat owners and their property ... their boats.

PLEASE ... always leave it cleaner than you found it!
So please grab a hand-full and Pitch-In!!

Thank you for taking the time to check out today's fish report!
Tight lines!

SP Dan     <"))>< I HOPE TO FISH WITH ALL OF YOU THIS YEAR!!  

Last edited by SP Dan on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

2SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great morning of fishing boys!!
52 degree water and board shorts? Was this a personal test of endurance?

Thanks for sharing!

3SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:57 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Nice work guys that first picture in the early morning sunrise that what it is all about.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice work you 2 started down there I was running late so I went to sale cove tried the dam no luck fishing jocolor

5SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:07 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:Great morning of fishing boys!!
52 degree water and board shorts? Was this a personal test of endurance?

Thanks for sharing!

Good question and one would tend to think so,
My legs were fine, my trunk was warm .....

It was my finger tips that were stinging from being wet and exposed to the chilly air blowing on them. But once the sun broke the horizon, it became almost too warm for us ... even though it never got above 59°. My upper body was layered and I was wearing a water proof wind breaker as well.

I need to feel the changing thermals in the water with my legs, that way ... what ever the temp is where I’m getting the fish strikes, I try to stay in that same temperature.
Fish will constantly stay in the same temperature and it’s been said that a 1° change in water thermal temperatures can turn off the bite.

So Jerdon ... it’s actually a Ninja tool that I use to stay on the bite. lol

Last edited by SP Dan on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

6SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:49 am

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

A good morning on the water. Great job and report.

7SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:27 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

jeffcpr wrote:Nice work guys that first picture in the early morning sunrise that what it is all about.

GT had the hot stix on this day!
The sunrise was breath taking indeed!

Last edited by SP Dan on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

8SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:35 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Litefoot wrote:Nice work you 2 started down there I was running late so I went to sale cove tried the dam no luck fishing jocolor  

Well ... dawg-gon-it!
It sure would’ve been nice to have had the opportunity to enjoy your company once again Rick!

GT and I had a small window of opportunity between the storm fronts and we took it!
The iSolunar and the CE predicted lousy conditions but we somehow managed to yank a few from the suds.

Dan

9SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:21 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It was a pleasure fishing with you again........the only reason SPDan didn't hit the thirties was a knot in his braid. While he fidgeted with the knot, I pulled in 7 fish, it was a hot streak. With all the trash and dirty water I didn't really think it was going to be a big numbers day.
Dan's favorite time to fish is "Grey Light" and it did not disappoint us. It was chilly at times. I wore wader pants from Dryft, really like them. All in all a day to remember..........GT

10SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Dan GT you 2 always Do it Right I see a TV show in the Future king Rambo

11SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:22 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

TobyB wrote:A good morning on the water. Great job and report.

Thank you for chiming in TobyB,
We just got lucky between the storms and I glad that you are reading a few of my reports, it makes it worth writing one!
The bottom line is that we enjoy it!

SP Dan <“))><

12SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:03 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Litefoot wrote:Dan GT you 2 always Do it Right I see a TV show in the Future  king Rambo

Ha ha ha
“A TV show” ... you bust me up Rick!  Very Happy lol
I’m all about showing my landed fish and I am not interested in doing a 10-15 minute selfie video where I only show 30 seconds worth of fish.
I believe that I will just keep doing still shots of my catches and leave the videos to all of the self-appointed pros on our site.  Thumbs Up lol
I am just a very simple ol’ fisherman, trying to keep it simple while attempting to land larger fish.

I swear Rick, one of these days we’re going to actually hook-it-up out there and catch some fish together!

Stay safe out there Brotha,

SP Dan <“))><

13SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:35 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

GT wrote:It was a pleasure fishing with you again........the only reason SPDan didn't hit the thirties was a knot in his braid. While he fidgeted with the knot, I pulled in 7 fish, it was a hot streak. With all the trash and dirty water I didn't really think it was going to be a big numbers day.
Dan's favorite time to fish is "Grey Light" and it did not disappoint us. It was chilly at times. I wore wader pants from Dryft, really like them. All in all a day to remember..........GT

Those are a couple of real nice chunkers you landed GT! WTG! Thumbs Up
Let's do it again real soon my friend!

SP Dan     <"))><

14SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:53 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thank you Sir..........it's always a pleasure........GT

15SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:28 pm

Keepemlo

FTFF Gathering Officer

You hit the perfect weather window..nice

16SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:44 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

We plan on hitting it perfectly and again this Sunday at Los Angeles Harbor.
Join if you can Brotha!

Dan

17SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Empty Re: SP Dan & GT At HH, Sun 1-13-2019 Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:21 am

Keepemlo

FTFF Gathering Officer

You caught a good break in the weather sweet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum