FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

LAB Ninja session 3-25-19

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Empty LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:27 am

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Made it out to LAB last night. We got on the water just before sun down. First cast got a nice little spottie along the yatch club wall, a few minutes later got a nice 11 inch turd roller right on the corner of the wall using a 3/16oz Zman shroomz finesse jig with a smartbaits gifted grub trailer. Got a couple short bites then kicked across the channle to the docks and rocks. Got another fish there on the same bait. Switched baits as this was a recon mission for saturday. Used a warbaits recon baits with not baits, switched to a orange crab reels where i got one bite but it didn't stick. Tried a chatter bait with no luck, switched to teh finesse jig with a whackem baits trailer and got one bite but it didn't stick. Switched back to the jig with the smartbaits grub and started catching again. The biggest fish was caught off of naples across from the marina. It was a 14.5 inches but skinny. Fished naples island caught more fish. We hit a hole and pulled up a couple nice spotties. 13 inchers but they were fat and pulled harder then the 14.5 inch one caught earlier. All in all it was a good night on the water. 12 fish total all oh the smart bait zman jig. We were off the water by 130am. Pleasant night on the water, the weather was beautiful.
I am impressed with the smartbait grubs. They are pretty durable. Once grub lasted ten fish. They do change color as stated. Two seesions  with those baits and 15 fish. If you are looking to get them do it. i know they are on  sale right now 40 grubs for 10 bucks. Thanks for reading and tight lines.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here is a picture of the 14.5 inch spottie

2LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Empty Re: LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:45 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Excellent RECON, very good information and another great fish report Toby!  Thumbs Up
Thank you

SP Dan     <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

3LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Empty Re: LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:09 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Wow, nice night.

The grub lasting 10 fish is impressive and a good plug for Smartbaits.

Thanks for sharing!

4LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Empty Re: LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Bob G

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Toby, nice report, and good recon mission.

I would like to try the night fishing, but my Commanding Officer is a worry wart. Folks really worry about you when you get old, and the irony is that you worry less about yourself. But, she really supports my fishing and I don't want to disturb the water. (She also supported my flying hither and yon for decades, so I owe her as much peace of mind as I am capable of providing.) Maybe others have the same concerns.

Question. Do you have any success with the chatter bait? I carry one, and have gotten it wet a few times without much commitment--and it did nothing. Since under spins are often effective, I would expect it to trigger some reaction bites. I wonder if it creates too much disturbance.

5LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Empty Re: LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:52 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This was my first attempts at it and I didn't commit as much time to it. You can really feel the vibration but I don't know how to fish it. It's all experimental at this point. I was using a whackem baits dub grub as a trailer. Might mess with the trailers until I find something that works. No fish but I really didn't fish it hard. Having too much fun and luck with the finesse jig grub combo to really try anything else lol.
I understand but if you ever get the okay at night you can come along. LAB seems to come alive at night. Three trips at night have produced 46 fish where three trips during the day produced 5 fish lol.

Sent from Topic'it App

6LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Empty Re: LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Bob G

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Average 15 trips/night; mouth watering.
The Queen, aka CO, would accept whatever I decide. But, after 60 years, you have to stop and think about the other one.
We will see. Since I usually leave home about 4:45 and drive with the crazy, sleep deprived commuters, it really shouldn't be a terribly hard sell, eh?

7LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Empty Re: LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Enrique

Enrique
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Good recon TobyB, i will be hitting the gondula docs saturday and working my way across the channel to the docks on the island back side.

Sent from Topic'it App

8LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Empty Re: LAB Ninja session 3-25-19 Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:34 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice a lot of structure there. Hopefully holding fish

Sent from Topic'it App

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum