FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by Troutbum Today at 9:47 am

» The answer
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time

+10
Misfitdog
rider514_iaf
f4mnect
Troutbum
Diver278
TobyB
Jerdon
kin
SP Dan
jeffcpr
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:19 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So I know we are still in the middle of a Pandemic but I wounder if it's time to run a Saltwater VS Freshwater.  What do you guys think about running this soon.  Post your thoughts should we make this happen.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SP Dan and Diver278 like this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:49 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Maybe it’s time to do a “SW against SW” and a “FW against FW” events?
I suggest this because SW fish are usually 1 to 2 pounder’s with an occasional rare 18 to 19” three pound Bass thrown into the mix, whereas the FW Bass can grow to be 4-12 pounds and more.

Any thoughts people?

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Troutbum likes this post

3Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:55 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It’s still a little sketchy due to the growing numbers of positive cases. However, can you make it a longer time period? Say over the course of a week, where participants can choose which day to fish? Sometimes a weekend on a body of water is real sketchy due to crowds.

So, some of us love banter and smack talk associated with this event...let me make the first cast!
Let the games begin:

Did I hear that? Sounds a little like...fear. Are you afraid of losing to the freshies Dan?

Lol

SP Dan likes this post

4Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

kin wrote:It’s still a little sketchy due to the growing numbers of positive cases. However, can you make it a longer time period? Say over the course of a week, where participants can choose which day to fish? Sometimes a weekend on a body of water is real sketchy due to crowds.

So, some of us love banter and smack talk associated with this event...let me make the first cast!
Let the games begin:

Did I hear that? Sounds a little like...fear. Are you afraid of losing to the freshies Dan? Lol

Yes, Kin ... I am fearful! lol
But it sounds as though you will be our 1st brave contestant willing to sign up for the event?  
Your enthusiasm is much appreciated Sir!

Please, let's see your name on the dotted line Kin ... go ahead and stand behind your challenging words ... and get these games a roll'n for all of us!!  lol!

I'll bet that you had your LMB lake already selected for the win ... huh?!?

PS ... The SMACK has officially begun! lol

SP Dan

5Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ha ha love it here we go, I like the idea of giving you a week so guys can choose there day to fish. Ideas guys what do you think.

SP Dan likes this post

6Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:42 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I say ... that if Kin needs a whole week to plan ... then, let's give em' all a whole week.

My 2-cents.

SP Dan

7Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:48 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

No I think they pick one day for the week to fish before we start and that is the day they send in there pictures by the end of that day.

SP Dan and Diver278 like this post

8Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:35 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

If we pick the week for the tourney. For example, the tourney is the week of July 21 through the 27th.
We would need to pick the day before the 21st? I do have some weeks where I would like to choose Wednesday, but sometimes Thursday is my only shot, and I would not know till Wednesday came around.

My question is what is the last day to pick your own date?

9Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:04 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Jerdon wrote:If we pick the week for the tourney. For example, the tourney is the week of July 21 through the 27th.
We would need to pick the day before the 21st? I do have some weeks where I would like to choose Wednesday, but sometimes Thursday is my only shot, and I would not know till Wednesday came around.

My question is what is the last day to pick your own date?

That is a great question we would need to hash this out as a group if that is they way we are going. Need some more input everyone.

10Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:38 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I am ready...

11Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:47 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

TobyB and Kin are in so far Thumbs Up

12Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:50 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

For Reference Rules from last Event

2 teams of 10 Float Tubers from each Team (Saltwater Killers and Team Freshwater) will go head to head in their own waters on March 30th from 7am till 2pm. This will be a contest of who can catch the most fish on the day. I will provide a code the night before the 30th by PM to each team Captain for each member to use the day of the event. The code can be written on your hand or a card, or by whatever means necessary. The code will need to be seen in each picture of your catch to count for your team the day of the event.

Team Freshwater will be fishing for Largemouth Bass, and each bass will need to be 10” or more to count for the overall total numbers of fish.

Saltwater Killers will be fishing for Spotted Bay Bass and each bass will need to be 10” or more to count for the overall total numbers of fish.

Each team will only be allowed to have 10 float tubers on the water competing at one time, If more sign up they can be considered alternates and must be identified in this thread to count. Each team Captain will be responsible for letting me know which 10 will be competing the day of. You can all fish different locations if you like so you might want to plan for this (this is not just a California thing). Each team Captain will be responsible for e-mailing me the picture of their catches for the day's event no later than 5pm Sunday the 31st of March. Once everything is done I will be looking over all the pictures and post the winning team on Sunday the 31st.

Quick Rules Break Down
1. 10 float tubers for each team.
2. 7am till 2pm
3. 10” fish and bigger
4. Pictures must have code in it to count
5. E-mail all picture to me by 5pm Sunday March 30th.

f4mnect likes this post

13Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:49 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SP Dan wrote:I say ... that if Kin needs a whole week to plan ... then, let's give em' all a whole week.

My 2-cents.

SP Dan

hey now,
We need to give the salties a fighting chance right? no excuse of "poor tides" ZZZZZZZ

14Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:20 am

Diver278

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I think SW should be SW and Freshwater should be Freshwater. And tournaments should be one day events.

15Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:59 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Diver278 wrote:I think SW should be SW and Freshwater should be Freshwater. And tournaments should be one day events.

Thanks for your input

16Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:56 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK no date posted yet just looking to see the interest from everyone in getting in on this action. This is all about bragging right on the board. If we have some large groups for Freshwater and Saltwater maybe we break it up this year. Anyone any where can fish this as long as you can find the bass we are fishing for. If you are interested join your group.

17Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:13 pm

Troutbum

Troutbum
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Where I fish I catch more Sand Bass than Spotted Bay Bass. If I remember right, last time Saltwater got crushed. Is there a way to count all saltwater bass? I am no freshwater expert but the lakes I have fished freshwater bass I caught either all small mouth or all large mouth in a lake. In saltwater I catch all three (mostly sand bass) Just a taught.

18Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:38 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Troutbum wrote:Where I fish I catch more Sand Bass than Spotted Bay Bass. If I remember right, last time Saltwater got crushed.  Is there a way to count all saltwater bass?  I am no freshwater expert but the lakes I have fished freshwater bass I caught either all small mouth or all large mouth in a lake.  In saltwater I catch all three (mostly sand bass)  Just a taught.  

This is what we are discussing I am ok adding all Saltwater Bass as long as everyone else says go for it.

Last edited by jeffcpr on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Troutbum and kin like this post

19Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 pm

f4mnect

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Go for it

20Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:50 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

f4mnect wrote:Go for it

OK that is one for adding Spotties, Calicos, and Sandbass for Saltwater what do you guys think.

21Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:44 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think all bass would be fun for both fresh and salt.

22Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:02 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Troutbum wrote: If I remember right, last time Saltwater got crushed.

Just a friendly reminder... Red Smile

23Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:34 am

f4mnect

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

kin wrote:
Troutbum wrote: If I remember right, last time Saltwater got crushed.

Just a friendly reminder... Red Smile
Bring it on, I'll be your Huckleberry

24Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:25 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

It’s starting to sound like ...”smoking reel’s at the OK corral”. lol

25Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Empty Re: Saltwater VS Freshwater is it time Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:03 am

f4mnect

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Fresh water float tubers

jeffcpr, Troutbum, kin and SP Dan like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum