FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

The FloatPlus One the next level

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The FloatPlus One the next level Empty The FloatPlus One the next level Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:24 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So I have been watching and drooling over the FloatPlus Motor since they first came out.  And as must know now FloatPlus has now designed there own tube the FloatPlus One.  

This new tube is shall we say "The Next Level".  I think there are some great float tubes out there but this one I think is setting a new bar.  As most of you know tubes are now starting to move to the Hybrid style.  This allows for more customizability and overall longevity.  I have been using Hybrid float tubes now for about 4 years and I don't think I will be looking back.

This float tube is FloatPlus Motor ready of course and looks to have logged a lot of hours in the design process.  Now I know that there are many that don't like the black color especially if you are fishing in the Sun drenched climates, but over the years I have heard people that are using similar tubes are not having any issues overall.  Of course that is something we will all need to see for ourselves in time.  

Here are a few of there other features as well.
1. Wear strip on underside & front of seat
2. Depth, buoyancy, maneuverability
3. Conical tubes
4. Handles on the tips of the tubes
5. Sloping bottom for an upright sitting position
6. Central valves & indication of required pressure at the
   valves
7. Fixed inflatable bottom
8. Hole in inflatable bottom for motor cable routing
9. Only 12 kg (26lbs)

Also bosting 6 air chambers and capacity of 220 kg or 485 lbs.

I looked up the Conical Shape and it is basically the shape that you find in a wind instruments which is a tube that has a gentle taper along its entire length.  This was a design feature to maximize the maneuverability with there motor of course.  After watching some video I can see they really worked hard on this and it pays off from what I can see and have heard.

It is listed for about $700 and can be purchased through there site.  They are working to find someone to produce the motor here in the US.  They keep telling me they are coming to the US they just want to make sure they do it right.  Once they are here I am sure they will be well received and people will see they value and quality they have strived for.  FloatPlus One the Next Level in Float Tubing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men

jmytuna and Pablosparky like this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2The FloatPlus One the next level Empty Re: The FloatPlus One the next level Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:20 pm

FloatTubeIQ

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Very cool looking for sure.

There does seem to be some marketing talk but overall, nicely designed.

What exactly does this mean when they mention 'depth' as in "2. Depth, buoyancy, maneuverability"

3The FloatPlus One the next level Empty Re: The FloatPlus One the next level Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:06 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am not sure but maybe it's only about 2" of the boat in below water or bouyancy.

4The FloatPlus One the next level Empty Re: The FloatPlus One the next level Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:46 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

This thing is definitely sweet. The “purists” might not like the motor(which is an option anyway) but the tube itself is awesome. I’ve been checking them out but no US connection yet.

5The FloatPlus One the next level Empty Re: The FloatPlus One the next level Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:18 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

BigMaxFloats wrote:This thing is definitely sweet.  The “purists” might not like the motor(which is an option anyway)  but the tube itself is awesome. I’ve been checking them out but no US connection yet.

We are working on the US connection, they just want to do it right.

6The FloatPlus One the next level Empty Re: The FloatPlus One the next level Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:03 am

FlyFishingTim

FTFF Gathering Officer

Such a cool looking tube! And I have to say that I have had many days on the water where I was on a larger body of water, and spent so much time on it, that I wish I had some extra power to take me back to shore. Looks like they are bringing that wish to fruition. I have ordered one of those Drill Paddles to try out for now, but can see one of these boats in my future if they get them to Canada as well as the USA...

jeffcpr likes this post

http://www.westernsportfishing.ca

7The FloatPlus One the next level Empty Re: The FloatPlus One the next level Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:24 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

FlyFishingTim wrote:Such a cool looking tube!  And I have to say that I have had many days on the water where I was on a larger body of water, and spent so much time on it, that I wish I had some extra power to take me back to shore.  Looks like they are bringing that wish to fruition.  I have ordered one of those Drill Paddles to try out for now, but can see one of these boats in my future if they get them to Canada as well as the USA...

I agree there are times the motor will be a big help. The float tube purist (we will call them) don't really like the idea and I can respect that. But it will have it's place and I am sure once they are here people will quickly recognize there value. They are coming to North America I just open sooner then later. I have frequent conversations with them and they say they want to come to North American the right way. In other words they want to make sure when they are they are here to stay.

FlyFishingTim likes this post

8The FloatPlus One the next level Empty Re: The FloatPlus One the next level Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:36 am

FlyFishingTim

FTFF Gathering Officer

When I started fly fishing almost 25 years ago, the purists in that sport called it blasphemy if you didn't use a dry fly for everything. A lot has changed since then. I think that will probably be the case with float tubing as well! Cool

jeffcpr likes this post

9The FloatPlus One the next level Empty Re: The FloatPlus One the next level Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:37 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK big news The FloatPlus One is in the mail and will be in my possession by next week. This is the boat only the motor is not ready for the U.S. just yet but we hope soon.
I will be doing a full review as soon as I can, and my first trip in the FloatPlus One should be for the Saltwater Poker Event in Huntington Harbor. If I get it sooner I will try to get it on the water sooner.

FlyFishingTim likes this post

10The FloatPlus One the next level Empty Re: The FloatPlus One the next level Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:31 pm

FlyFishingTim

FTFF Gathering Officer

jeffcpr wrote:OK big news The FloatPlus One is in the mail and will be in my possession by next week.  This is the boat only the motor is not ready for the U.S. just yet but we hope soon.  
I will be doing a full review as soon as I can, and my first trip in the FloatPlus One should be for the Saltwater Poker Event in Huntington Harbor.  If I get it sooner I will try to get it on the water sooner.  

Can't wait to hear how this one performs on the water!

11The FloatPlus One the next level Empty Re: The FloatPlus One the next level Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:49 am

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

WooHoo! Can’t wait to see it . Congrats on the connection. Hope it’s a future link to US sales.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum