FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Tony Williams Posted this on Facebook
by jmytuna Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Great Day on San Diego Bay!
by The Beefshaman Yesterday at 1:18 pm

» Barrett 6/19/24
by Jerdon Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:37 am

» Slow days are better than no days
by Jerdon Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:36 am

» Next Gathering will be In September
by jeffcpr Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:34 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:08 pm

» Travel Wheel Help
by Eric3501 Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:40 am

» Searching for a Phoenix, AZ. FT fishing club or locals
by SP Dan Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» Los Alamitos Gathering Report
by david886720 Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:16 pm

» New old member
by david886720 Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:15 pm

» I’ve pulled the trigger once again
by david886720 Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:13 pm

» Catch of the month entry
by david886720 Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:11 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Stonewood in New old member
( 4 )

» Post by Stonewood in New old member
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in I’ve pulled the trigger once again
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Barrett 6/19/24
( 3 )

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in Slow day at HH
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Great Day on San Diego Bay!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Great Day on San Diego Bay! Empty Great Day on San Diego Bay! Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:06 am

The Beefshaman

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member

Hey all I'm new to this forum but definitely not new to fishing. I do know some people on here but always looking expand my fishing horizons and learn and grow. I figured I would start with my fishing experience on Sunday 6/23.

OK, so the doldrums of summer have begun at the lakes and bass fishing is hit and miss. After having an absolutely amazing spring time fishing the lakes and getting lots of nice bass I figured it was time to head back to the bays. One thing I absolutely love about San Diego fishing is the diversity of what is available to fish.

I decided to hit my old stomping grounds of Tidelands park in Coronado And figured I would get whatever was biting and just try to make a video about lure fishing in general for the beginner to intermediate fisherman. The day started out with an absolutely gorgeous sunrise over the Coronado bridge and I was rewarded within one minute of fishing to get a spotted bass on a new spinner bait . Headed out to the flats near Coronado Island underneath the bridge. Got a couple more there and then headed under the bridge over to the south Bay near the Navy base. To my surprise early in the morning the Corvina bite was better than the spotted bay bass bite.

I was fishing a small underpin with a Z man trick shots 4 inch in the game changer color. I was trying to show that you can catch Bass with the same baits in the lakes as in the bay. The first Corvina that I got on that bait was a 20 inch fish and I caught that on 8 pound test. What a super fun fight and challenge! I ended up getting five more Corvina none bigger than the first one, but I did end up switching to 4 pound test and an ultralight and got some on that which was absolutely amazing!

I headed around the corner near Holiday Island, but couldn’t get any love back in that area. I turned around and went back by the flats near the Navy base and the bite was back on again. On a surprise note I ended up getting three needlefish on that day, and lost several more. It was a very unique bite with most of the fish within 5 feet of the surface Including the spotted bass. When the wind finally picked up, the fish dropped a little deeper I went with a heavier, underspin and continued to catch fish on the gulp Minnow which is kind of my go to bait when everything else stops working. I could not get fish on the A-rig, Crank bait, lipless or anything else. However, when I went back to the underspin And Gulp minnow The bite was on within a minute. Total for the day I lost count of spotted Bay Bass, got six Corvina, three needle fish, one sand Bass, and one halibut. I left by noon and was completely satisfied with the day on the bay I’m so happy to live in San Diego!

If you feel like checking out more of the details, you can watch the video.  Cheers!

jmytuna likes this post

2Great Day on San Diego Bay! Empty Re: Great Day on San Diego Bay! Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:43 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcom to the forum Beefshaman.

That was a great day on the water and thanks for sharing.

The Beefshaman likes this post

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3Great Day on San Diego Bay! Empty Re: Great Day on San Diego Bay! Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:42 pm

jmytuna

jmytuna
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
White Sea Bass
Legal White Sea Bass
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch
Carp
Large Carp Caught
Blugill
Large Bluegill Catch
Crappie
Large Crappie Catch
Sculpin
Large Sculpin Catch
Smallmouth Bass
Trophy Small Mouth
Calico Bass
Calico Bass Catch

Love zman plastics on the toothy critters.
Couple of years back used the same 2.5 inch swimbait on coolbait underspin at Barrett for fish after fish . I’m still on th same pack I bought years ago.

4Great Day on San Diego Bay! Empty Re: Great Day on San Diego Bay! Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:19 pm

The Beefshaman

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member

Jerdon wrote:Welcom to the forum Beefshaman.

That was a great day on the water and thanks for sharing.
Thanks and it was a super fun day!

5Great Day on San Diego Bay! Empty Re: Great Day on San Diego Bay! Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:20 pm

The Beefshaman

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member

jmytuna wrote:Love zman plastics on the toothy critters.
Couple of years back used the same 2.5 inch swimbait on coolbait  underspin at Barrett for fish after fish  . I’m still on th same pack I bought years ago.
They keep going and going and going... Yes they do last. Cheers! Love a good day at Barrett for sure!

jmytuna likes this post

6Great Day on San Diego Bay! Empty Re: Great Day on San Diego Bay! Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:14 am

Stonewood

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member

Awesome sesh ive bee watching your YouTube videos! Good work!

7Great Day on San Diego Bay! Empty Re: Great Day on San Diego Bay! Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:51 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

The Beefshaman that is a great introduction to the members of the forum. Thanks for joining and sharing with us as well. I have already subscribed to your YouTube page and will be looking forward to seeing more posts form you in the near future. Once again welcome.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8Great Day on San Diego Bay! Empty Re: Great Day on San Diego Bay! Yesterday at 1:17 pm

The Beefshaman

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member

Stonewood wrote:Awesome sesh ive bee watching your YouTube videos! Good work!
Thanks so much! Glad you enjoy them. Cheers!

9Great Day on San Diego Bay! Empty Re: Great Day on San Diego Bay! Yesterday at 1:18 pm

The Beefshaman

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:The Beefshaman that is a great introduction to the members of the forum.  Thanks for joining and sharing with us as well.  I have already subscribed to your YouTube page and will be looking forward to seeing more posts form you in the near future.  Once again welcome.
Thanks a lot and I glad that I found this forum. Cheers!

jeffcpr likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum