FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Today at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Today at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 tournament series

+5
Fisher
ed5000x
Aquaholic38
jeffcpr
n2deepfsw
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

12012 tournament series  Empty 2012 tournament series Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:02 pm

I know there has been posts about this befor but i thought i would give this idea another try.
I was thinking of trying to put a tournament togather for next year. Saltwater bass only for floattubers only. Have maybe like 10 events, payout prizes etc.
For legal reason we can just call it a gathering.
It would be like a $20 for each event.
So my question is how meny of you would be up for this and if enough people are interested I'll put something togather with date and etc.

22012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:25 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sounds fun! But don't know how many events I could do. Where would they be held?

32012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:30 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Lets wait to see the interest and then we will talk sounds like a good idea.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

42012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:36 pm

yes yes, I have some great ideas for this but lets see how meny people would like to do this
as far lacations, it would be at different locations and maybe few night time events as well.
Lets see how meny people first.

52012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I`m interested! to any location/date as a matter of fact, i was thinking about the possibility of fishing the carlsbad lagoon, it looks awesome! may be it could be one of these locations? but like is been said; lets wait and see the interets. Wink

62012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:34 pm

just to let you guys know, i have been thinking about this for afew months now and have been ponding the idea so i have alot great ideas and plans if and only IF there is enough people interested

72012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:40 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I will be most interested in what you have I mind cause 20 I steep for some of us with 5the kids and all but I will do me beat and attend the event to see the out comes for sure

82012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:53 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

im down but the world is goin to end 2012 so i dont no if it will work haahah ya im always down inless it be cold windy and rainin

92012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:40 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I would do it in a heart beat. That's exactly how the SWBA got started. Why do it as a "gathering" do it as a full fledged tournament!! I would however like to see salt and fresh water events. Maybe a bass event at a good bass lake, then as summer heats up a catfish event, and 2-3 end of year trout events. It would really take a GOOD fisherman to do good in all aspects of fishing and not just 1 species.

102012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:45 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lght, that would be sweet! That would bring in a lot of tubers.

112012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:03 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tell me about it.. I know there where more than 30 tubers fishing the tournament at SARL last year and I know they have at least 30 fishing the LNL tubing event next week so there are a LOT of guys out there that I am sure would be interested beyond just the members here.

I say make it legit get something going and open it up to the public!

122012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:10 pm

LGHT, thank you for ideas as that would be pretty cool.
Only reason why I am going a tournament/gathering cause of the all the legal stuff and the money that goes into it that I dont have or properly the Forum.

If this dose get off the ground I do want it to make it like the SWBA but only for Tubers. Foot power only, no elec power.

The only problem in making this an around tournament is the cost. fresh water fishing cost way too much and there is very few good lakes around for bass fishing.

Fishing the bay is free unless you get a parking ticket.

This tournament will be open to the pubilc as well.

More info will be posted on this as I see more people interested.

132012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:16 pm

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I would be interested in fishng a gathering series.

http://bassinthehood.com

142012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:22 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Rally the tribe and they will come

152012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:33 pm

socalEMT

socalEMT
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

im in. never tubed the salt but i figure this is the best place to give it a shot. and im competitive in nature so this just sounds great!!! lol

162012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:09 pm

GOT2FISH

FTFF Gathering Officer

As for GOT2FISH consider there at least two GOT2FISH STRIKE TEAM anglers that would be at each event. Sounds like a blast.

172012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

salt water fishing is easier than fresh water fishishing I think?? if you can catch bass at a lake, you can catch anything!! well in my opinion tongue

182012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:45 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lets get it goin turny or gatherin i dont care i just want to fish and hopefully win some stuff while im doin it

192012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:29 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well you can do it as a gathering and get a few guys at each event which would be nice and fun or you can do it like a "REAL" tournament that charges teams to enter and gives a good cash payout.

Look at the SWBA structure. It cost $50 a year to be a member and EACH team pays $100 to fish each event. If you look at the amount of teams they have about 85. So if you do the math the membership alone is generating $8500 a year. Then you figure 6 events a year at the cost of $100 per team, per event and your generating $51k. So that's a total of almost $60k in total revenue not including the sponsors. If you took 50% of the entry fees and set up a prize purse you could offer a payout of $5k PER event and then throw in another $2500 grand champ payout at the end of the year and use the rest to cover things like legal fees and setup cost etc.

Keep in mind most of the teams fishing the SWBA events are taking a loss unless they win. The prize money is just a way to gain interest most of the teams aren't or even covering there expenses by any means, but a lot of GOOD fisherman are willing to pay a few hundred in fees if they have a chance of making that back 10 fold. That's the reason why all big bass fishing events can offer such a HUGE payout and charge around $300 per event.

If you do it that way you would get a lot more interest and probably get some real attention of sponsors and people who like to fish and not just a few guys coming out for the fun of it.

202012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Here are my 2 cents worth LOL. First, I would be interested and would most likely join. With that said, I think setting up a series for float tubing the salt is a good idea however, there are a few things I want to share about my experience with tournaments. I am a member on this forum because I love the people here. Many are my friends and we get along and have a ton of fun fishing. That is why I love this forum. Although I have not been super active for the previous few months, I still visit here and hear about your daily fishing adventures. Fishing to me is about fun and fellowship. I fished in actual tournaments before. Including ABA Bass Tourneys. I like the aloof approach our forum here decides to set up a friendly tournament. Keeping it low key and fun. When it becomes a full series, to me, it takes a lot of the fun out of it. First it will take away from fun tourneys any one angler decides to set up. Many can only get out once or twice a month to tube due to work, family, life. I stopped tournament fishing because I love to fish and love fishing as a sport and fellowship with friends. Tournament series can really take the fun out the fishing. Please don't mis understand what I am saying here. There is nothing wrong with what you want to set up. I am just voicing that this forum is so different than all the other fishing forums. Mostly because of the individuals we partake in this place. I like the "Hey, what do yo guys think about a tourney in Nov in Newport" idea. People have input and then it's set up and we have fun. I hope I didn't speak out of line here. I just want to hang out and have fun with you all.

212012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:22 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Every well said LC I would never afford a tourny like that and I fish for fun and the company and the share of stories and hanging out I give a few things away every once and awhile when I get a good deal or find clearances I have kids and family bills and work Monday throw Friday I do get out every weekend while everyone sleeps in I love fish and I don't like competing with friends yea you lil tourny we have are good I I don't mind give a few bucks or a lure or two of buddy's but if I was to lose my hard earned money to some jerk or butthead I would kick my self in the butt bottom line is this forum is good at what it is now and if it turned in to a competition no one would share anything any more

222012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:27 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Interesting guys interesting, I agree in the keep it simple concept we will see what happens. There are just a few things I want to keep going here (gatherings, not tournaments, side bets not entry fee's and try to stay low key)
All is good with me, but I like Ed and LC's position. Thumbs Up

232012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i like fishin with friends and the little turny gatherings we do but i want to take it a step farther i want to compete for money and prizes and im sure alot of other ppl do too if we did have big turnys and all that we can still have little gatherings with friends doesnt always have to be competative

242012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:43 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah it makes since to keep it friendly and a fun gathering and I'm not saying make it $100 per event entry I'm just suggesting make it a legitimate association and charge something to gain interest and more public. If the goal is to get more than 10 people at the event and get some serious sponsors that's the only way. I mean even if you charged a member ship to $5.00 a year and charged $20 per angler to fish an event at least the winner is walking away with a few hundred bucks for their time. That's not too much to fish since most of us pitch in $10 for a big fish pot anyway.

However if the goal is to just organize a series of random events that will attract 4-10 people per event yeah don't bother just post up an ad here and hope for the best.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

252012 tournament series  Empty Re: 2012 tournament series Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:52 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

This forum is still growing give it all time gatherings competitions tournaments in time guys in time. The real reason for this forum is for us to meet others that enjoy fishing the same way we fish from a tube.
I am sure in the future it will branch out like crazy, but for now lets just keep things simple and stress free.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum