FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Umbrella rig
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:49 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:27 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by Troutbum Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by jeffcpr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

» I think I am obsessed.
by Jerdon Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Stellar day today! 2/23/24
( 3 )

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in The FTFF Gathering Feb 17th
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes

+7
waxon67
CPT Kirk
jeffcpr
LGHT
n2deepfsw
fishslayer
flyfishingfool
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:55 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Hey guys, what type of tackle storage containers(if any) do you use for your float tubes?

The tube I has only a few storage pouches and they are not very large, so I've been searching for a way to maximize what little storage my tube has, without having to leave any tackle behind.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

2? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:09 am

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I pick up some awesome plastic boxes from Bob Marriott's and use them for all my jigs and trout worms, I have quite the collection and prefer to carry as much of it as possible when I head out.
I also wear a fishing vest so a lot of the smaller stuff I can keep on me and out of the tube pockets.

3? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:16 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I got mine at walmart for $5 it's a Plano double side tackle box. You can store 2 of them in you tube pockets, I use only one since I can put 20-25 different lures in it.

4? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I carry 3 of these box with me when tubing and then I have a much smaller 2 sided box that I carry my bullet weights and beads. I also carry few bags of different baits and worm hooks and etc. I am not sure how big of storge you have but these are med. size boxes. I picked up my boxes from turners. Turners box was like $4 and the other pic is plano, much better of box but it cost alittle more. hope this helps you out.

5? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:46 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have a few small storage boxes from tj max that ed suggested. They are nice and small and water tight if I fish salt. If I fish fresh a couple of small plano boxes work great.

6? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:16 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have gone through all kinds of boxes trying to find what works best. I like plano the smaller ones work best, but recently I have been just tossing my plastic's in simple zip lock bags.
I keep a set of some on one side and the other set on the other side. they work well with the boxes as they don't take up a lot of room for me on my tube. It can be hard sometimes to find the right lure but I am happy with it so far, just need to remember what lures I put on way side of the tube.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty storage Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:31 pm

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I use a small Falcon box for my terminal tackle and a double sided plano box for other tackle I also will use the original packaging for some worms and plastics.
[url=[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I keep my jig heads and terminal stuff in an old sock. Baits and stuff in an empty cheetos bag.

Ok not really.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Is that why your tubes pop? " oh no he didn't " lol

10? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:06 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:Is that why your tubes pop? " oh no he didn't " lol

Ha ha I wish it was simple as that!

11? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:13 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lol, I'll see you tomorrow if it's not raining around 8am

12? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:52 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

cool [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

13? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:38 am

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I will have to post pics of my updated collection of trout plastics in their boxes, I may have an addiction Very Happy

14? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:19 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man ive bought at least 6 different small tackle boxes in the last 3 weeks. I like using the double sided planos....and i also like havng the normal ones that have a bunch of slots....perfect for big hammers and stuff. The reason ive bought so many is because at first i bought them too big and they didnt fit in my tube pocket....the next ones i bought were too small. Last night at bass pro shops i was able to get a bunch of tackle containers and see if they fit in my tube because they had my model on display.....nothing fit. Looks like im sticking with the double sided planos.

Really wish they had a small container for spinnerbaits though....something that would hold maybe 5 spinnerbaits....just my go to ones.

I might go online and order some that perfectly fit the pockets of my tube....im looking for maximum storage for all my baits...but its gotta be organized or ill go insane.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

15? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:28 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Cool guys.

Thanks for your recommendations and taking the time to post pics guys.

fishslayer wrote:I pick up some awesome plastic boxes from Bob Marriott's and use them for all my jigs and trout worms, I have quite the collection and prefer to carry as much of it as possible when I head out.
I also wear a fishing vest so a lot of the smaller stuff I can keep on me and out of the tube pockets.

Fly shops... I'll have to check a few out.Thanks.

I forgot about the fishing vest. Got one somewhere.

I've gotta have everything when heading out. I hate to leave any baits behind. I've got my trout tackle storage square away, at least for now. Thinking of taking the bass gear up in may. Wink

miller wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I carry 3 of these box with me when tubing and then I have a much smaller 2 sided box that I carry my bullet weights and beads. I also carry few bags of different baits and worm hooks and etc. I am not sure how big of storge you have but these are med. size boxes. I picked up my boxes from turners. Turners box was like $4 and the other pic is plano, much better of box but it cost alittle more. hope this helps you out.

Nice.

The tube I'm riding is a Caddis Nevada Gold, I think. It's has many pockets, but not very large. Those boxes are about the same size I'm currently using, and only one box will fit tightly in a largest pocket.

16? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:33 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

CPT Kirk wrote:I use a small Falcon box for my terminal tackle and a double sided plano box for other tackle I also will use the original packaging for some worms and plastics.

Nice. What size are the plastics in the top box?

17? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:47 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

waxon67 wrote:I keep my jig heads and terminal stuff in an old sock. Baits and stuff in an empty cheetos bag.

Ok not really.

Cheetos scent? Hmm...

fishslayer wrote:I will have to post pics of my updated collection of trout plastics in their boxes, I may have an addiction Very Happy

It not an addiction, it's a bad habit.

MASSfisher wrote:Man ive bought at least 6 different small tackle boxes in the last 3 weeks. I like using the double sided planos....and i also like havng the normal ones that have a bunch of slots....perfect for big hammers and stuff. The reason ive bought so many is because at first i bought them too big and they didnt fit in my tube pocket....the next ones i bought were too small. Last night at bass pro shops i was able to get a bunch of tackle containers and see if they fit in my tube because they had my model on display.....nothing fit. Looks like im sticking with the double sided planos.

Really wish they had a small container for spinnerbaits though....something that would hold maybe 5 spinnerbaits....just my go to ones.

I might go online and order some that perfectly fit the pockets of my tube....im looking for maximum storage for all my baits...but its gotta be organized or ill go insane.

Yes maximum storage and organization.

Cool that you were able to try various boxes with the displayed tube. I should drag my tube into BPS. It'll save me all that time thinking, "will this box fit". scratch

Last edited by flyfishingfool on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

18? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:04 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea im glad they had it on display...saved me from buying stuff only to find out it didnt fit later on.

And im really ocd when it comes to my fishing tackle. I hate how all my big hammers dont fit in 1 box.....i have to fit them in 2 boxes if i want to take them when i go tubing. Same thing applies to all my other baits hooks etc.....

Wish i could have a custom made storage container thingy that fit perfectly in my tube and had perfectly shaped compartments to perfectly fit all ny baits inside.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

19? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:21 am

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

flyfishingfool wrote:
CPT Kirk wrote:I use a small Falcon box for my terminal tackle and a double sided plano box for other tackle I also will use the original packaging for some worms and plastics.

Nice. What size are the plastics in the top box?

the box 9"x5" and I have several 4 inch worms on both side and a 8 inch worm I also have s spinnerbait are two. I have few of those double sided boxes and I set them up different for each fishing trip.

http://bassinthehood.com

20? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:27 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I use old pill bottles to stor my lures in i dont have any of those cases really i need to get some but tuperware and viles work well so far

21? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Mendozauly

Mendozauly
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have a fish cat 4 and i use two but im looking to get the ones that have a seal so maybe i can have them pre-oil with some oil and just bring them out dripping ready to get me some!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

22? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Empty Re: ? About Tackle Storage For Float Tubes Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:28 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys
I like the Falcon and the Plano gasketed models to save my junk when I fish in the rain or heavy wind. I always have a couple of ziplocks for emergencies.
bodfish

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum