FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pole holder attachment/things to bring on a fishing trip in a tube

+6
fishntoss
Tubinferbass
ed5000x
TheAsianGuy
HEADCASE881
tubefish
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tubefish

tubefish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

hello, i was wondering what do you guys normally bring on a fishing trip when you go fishing on a float tube. i have a classic accessories TETON. im not sure if that would help,
and one more thing, how do you guys set your float tube up with multiple poles?

thanks

http://www.austinlures.webs.com

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

everyone has there own cup of tea when it comes to this i bought a pole holder and attached it with utillity straps pretty easy but i want a muli rod rack for diff bait im gonna build it outta pvc some one on here will send a pic of there tube im sure and they all got custom rod holders and they look nice. as for supplys i carry just whats needed what fish are you targeting for the day what if they dont bite what i have those are all thing you need to take into consideration have variaty with you but remember you dont have room for the whole tackle box. plastics,weights,hooks are some of the basics in my tube and oh yeah dont for get your needle nose you dont want a hook in the thumb can you imagin a game of tug o war with a ten pounder and your thumb ouch!!!! just a little bit of my .02

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the tuber's nightmare..hehehe..just kidding. That Classic Teton model is similar to my Caddis Nevada. Don't worry, we all were there back in the day, debating what to bring.

Depending on what species of fish you're chasing after, and in the water type. I'm more of the fresh rather than salt. My primary hunt for the species are panfishes, trouts, and if they are cooperating, basses, cats, and carps. Yep..ALL OF THEM.

At Wallie (Walmart), there are small 8"x4" Plano plastic cases. Get two or three of them (my tube can hold 6 on both sides), and load ONLY WHAT YOU NEED. For panfishes, I got jigs, splitshots, a few flies, 2 spinners, a few small rooster tails, spoons, and odd lures. They also apply for trouts. For basses, I grab about 10 sizes 1 and 2 Gamakatsu off-sank hooks, with a few 1/8 and 1/4oz weights for deep presentation with live/cut/plastic baits. Two or three crank baits just in case. Protect the tube with the treble hook sleeves, and toss them into a little plastic box. For carps and cats, well, the same hooks for basses will apply for them. Just need to bring a small container of stink baits (really really stink baits), live crawdads (or plastic crawdads with some flavoring crawdad juice), a small container of nightcrawlers mix with redworms, mealworms, wax worms, and a small container of crickets.

Yep..my normal arsenal, all fit in the two pockets. Oh, don't forget a small spool of flouro line for leader material, with a cutting tool, such as a combo of needle nose plier -cutter-knife-beer cap opener-toothpick in one (the multi-tool).

As for the multi-rod holder, well, that's a full subject that we have to discuss about. Anyone here got some photo to share with him? Here's mine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Happy hunting!

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

if you go up to our search engine type in rack there are a bunch of ideal and pictures

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fer the tube I pack lite, a small hook n weight container some bags of lizards, worms n craw fish soft plastics and some big swimbaits.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

most of what's above, plus couple bottles of water, small first aid kit,etc..I only carry one pole for now. I have one of those pole holder deals for tubes..Probably a lot more junk than I really need or know how to use.
Rambo

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Going light is good but im always scared that if I dont bring something ill end up needing it. So now i bring a lot but barely use any of it. Im building a rod rack now but will never carry more than 2 rods unleas for some crazy reason i need to....i also carry a net but plan on carrying a hali gaff and some boga gribs as well once i finish my rack.

For holding my plastics/lures i found some good boxes at Big 5 Sporting goods....they are just as wide as your typical ones but are extra long....i think they are made by Flambeau(spelling). They work okay with my fishcat...but for your tube just measure how big your pockets are before you buy just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey MASSFISHER!, GAFF!?! U don need no steenkin gaff!

I would be scared to bring a gaff onboard. With my luck I'd skewer my toon or worse, myself! halibuts are notorious for flippin out when you stick em. So now you have a crazy fish with a steel point flying around with him. Not good! Besides, not nice to poke holes in your fish. Come on soldier MAN UP and grab that fish! Hee Hee,....
I like bogas in principle but my old crookedy hands have a hard time operating them. If you like I have a really cool Rapala version of a Boga that someone gave me for a gift and I know I will never use it. Even has a spring scale built into the handle. You want it? PM me.
Best thing for butts in a tube is a good net. You can keep them at arm's length till they calm down and no harm to the fish.

bodfish

yeah I just cant see the need for gaff. Maybe a small bat to beat the seals with if need to be but a net is all you need.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:yeah I just cant see the need for gaff. Maybe a small bat to beat the seals with if need to be but a net is all you need.
"small bat to beat the seals with if need to be" lol!

n2deepfsw wrote:
miller wrote:yeah I just cant see the need for gaff. Maybe a small bat to beat the seals with if need to be but a net is all you need.
"small bat to beat the seals with if need to be" lol!

or just for the fun of it if your into that Twisted Evil

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hahaha! Ed, might need protection since they like to flock to him. Lol

i know huh, im kinda scared to fish close to him lol!

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I want the good bogas with the scale but they are expensive.

My buddy (who got me into tubing) targets hali almost exclusively....and he gaff's his bigger legal hali's. Very risky...sorta stupid...pretty crazy....Marines are dumb and crazy what can I say.

Plus with the bogas...what if the fish has lock jaw or you miss and hit the lure out or something crazy? I dunno just thinking...maybe the gaff is a little too much lol

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

And bodfish if you dont want them ill use 'em....who knows maybe ill ditch the gaff idea and because of YOU i wont stick my own tube hehe

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the set up for me and yes I do carry a gaff on specific trips

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSFISHER,
PM, me buddy, just need your address.

bodfish

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice rig bayfishingjunkie,
Damn! Plush seat! Thinking about getting rid of my plastic and cushion seat for an adjustable kayak seat. Still working out the design. Good to see more toon rigs!

bodfish

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

PS. bayfishingjunkie,..
I like the front splash guard. May need to build one myself . I am considering a gas motor to replace my electric. More Range Baby!!!
Also have my machinist designing a folding standing platform. will premiere soon!

bodfish

bayfishingjunkie wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the set up for me and yes I do carry a gaff on specific trips

thats a nice looking toon there.

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Is that the one you took out to SD with josh Dano lc Brian and me it looks different

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice set-up!

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice rig Miller. Will take a few more photo of my pontoon full setup next trip out this weekends. Need to update my photos with all the add-ons I've been putting on it.

TheAsianGuy wrote:Nice rig Miller. Will take a few more photo of my pontoon full setup next trip out this weekends. Need to update my photos with all the add-ons I've been putting on it.

thats not my toon. it is a nice toon though

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

ed5000x wrote:Is that the one you took out to SD with josh Dano lc Brian and me it looks different

Same one but when we all went to diego i modified it differently.. now in its final state it looks pretty different. Its painted in marine grade metalic blue hammer paint same motor and battery set up new gps chart plotter fish finder and it is recharged using solar poer panels ill try to post a pic

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum