FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ever get hooked and have to go to the ER?

+9
Tubinferbass
jaws197
MASSfisher
n2deepfsw
waxon67
ed5000x
Konacrush
HEADCASE881
LGHT
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ever get hooked and have to go to the ER? Empty Ever get hooked and have to go to the ER? Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:43 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Reading about how a guy ONLY uses barbless hooks since he has had to go to the ER 4 times after getting stuck by hooks to the point where it needed medical attention.

I've been fishing salt a long time and have NEVER had that happen or heard of it happening to anyone.

Worse case I got a little poke after trying to remove a hook from a tuna that turned.

Has anyone ever gotten hooked to the point they needed medical attention?? Not sure what this guy is doing, but 4 times Wow!

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have seen pictures of a guy with a LuckyCraft in his thumb I have stuck my self pretty good but never past the barb(Knock on wood)and it sucks stays irritated for a few daydreams

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

What up headcase my cousin took one thru his heel we were trolling angle all five lines hooked up but it was me and my cousin on deck and my uncle was captin so I landed a mahimahi and my cousin was getting his in the cooler but missed the cooler now his mahimahi is flopping on deck at his feet when the fish threw the hook and it hooked my cuz in the heel he then tripped backwards and fell into the cooler we were rolling from laughter my uncle cut the hook and pulled it thru and then put some duct tape on it went back fishing and finished a bottle of patron with my cousin iwlmao

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Konacrush wrote:What up headcase my cousin took one thru his heel we were trolling angle all five lines hooked up but it was me and my cousin on deck and my uncle was captin so I landed a mahimahi and my cousin was getting his in the cooler but missed the cooler now his mahimahi is flopping on deck at his feet when the fish threw the hook and it hooked my cuz in the heel he then tripped backwards and fell into the cooler we were rolling from laughter my uncle cut the hook and pulled it thru and then put some duct tape on it went back fishing and finished a bottle of patron with my cousin iwlmao

hahaha now that's a real fishermen!! I fell once hoopnetting and cut my knee through my rain coat. My buddy wrapped it in duct tap and said here have another beer!

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lol I seen a guy get hook by a lil treble hook and freak out

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:Lol I seen a guy get hook by a lil treble hook and freak out

I saw his friend freak out even more...

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Knock on wood, nope....

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

My worst fall was on the jetty in oceanside fell between the rock scraped my leg from the ankle to the upper thigh it was a pretty deep crevas my foot never hit the rock below made for a rough day walking around after that

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

A few pokes here and there but nothing too bad. Had a bluefish with a mouthfullof trebles shake like crazy when i was tryin to get my plug back.....close but would have been an awful experience if the hooks caught flesh.

I saw a video on youtube of some guy purposely hooking himself in order to demonstrate his way of getting the hook out. Forget how he did it...ill try to find the video.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

jaws197

jaws197
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Medium length story....

Was working at a large hospitalin Fort Worth Texas a few years ago when I was talking to one of the security guards at the ER and this yellow pickup comes flying in the entrance drive with two guys in the front and one holding on for dear life and moaning in pain in the bed of the truck.....

Guys in the cab jump out and yell for a stretcher so we go over to help and when I look into the bed at the guy there is a 13/0 or 14/0 treble hook with one hook buried up under his kneecap!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Seems the were snagging the big carp that hang out behind the dam of one of the local lakes and the dipstick was not paying attention where he had left his hook when they were packing up and knelt down on top of it shoving it up under the knee!!!!!! They had to carry him 200 yards back to the truck uphill!

Made me queasy just looking at it!

Talked to one of the techs later and was told it took a neurosurgeon and orthopedic surgeon to get it back out without destroying the knee!

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

^ The visual image associated with that story is horrible.

Heres the video i was talkin about:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jaws197 wrote:Medium length story....

Was working at a large hospitalin Fort Worth Texas a few years ago when I was talking to one of the security guards at the ER and this yellow pickup comes flying in the entrance drive with two guys in the front and one holding on for dear life and moaning in pain in the bed of the truck.....

Guys in the cab jump out and yell for a stretcher so we go over to help and when I look into the bed at the guy there is a 13/0 or 14/0 treble hook with one hook buried up under his kneecap!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Seems the were snagging the big carp that hang out behind the dam of one of the local lakes and the dipstick was not paying attention where he had left his hook when they were packing up and knelt down on top of it shoving it up under the knee!!!!!! They had to carry him 200 yards back to the truck uphill!

Made me queasy just looking at it!

Talked to one of the techs later and was told it took a neurosurgeon and orthopedic surgeon to get it back out without destroying the knee!

Awesome!!!............ Allways heard stories but never seen.. I have hooked my self in the hand fly fishin luckly it was barb less.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

Nope not yet knock on wood

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Got hooked twice, one behind the right ear, and one under the left arm. Luckily, the hooks were barbless. Just yanked, and went for tetanus shots.

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:^ The visual image associated with that story is horrible.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=TTUQXpg76xQ
this is awesome!!!!! i gotta practice this technique!! any volunteers!!!!!Very Happy

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:
MASSfisher wrote:^ The visual image associated with that story is horrible.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=TTUQXpg76xQ
this is awesome!!!!! i gotta practice this technique!! any volunteers!!!!!Very Happy

I'll volunteer so you can practice jamming a hook in your own arm!

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
ed5000x wrote:Lol I seen a guy get hook by a lil treble hook and freak out

I saw his friend freak out even more...
Lmao

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Guys,
Too many stories to tell about this one. Will just wait till we are all together to tell ya'll.
I simply suggest you check out a few techniques on how to solve this problem..... could come in handy.

bodfish

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wow I like the video. Once you get a barb under the skin I could imagine the pain, but that technique seems like it would actually work.

FloatingCanada

FloatingCanada
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Up here in Canada we are not allowed to use barbed hooks anymore Sad
I have taken a few in the fingers and one bad one in the side of my thigh from the first time I took the lady out fishing lol!
I never had to go to the hospital, Just a quick little cut and pulled the hook the rest of the way thru.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum