FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ton of rod rack ideas

+7
Madbasser
sonarbp
Monster
ed5000x
floater73
jeffcpr
waxon67
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:26 am

Dano67

Dano67

Yeah keeping my fingers crossed green happy

77Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:57 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:Im on a hunt for Pink Spandex. Wax, Jeff or Mad, Do any of you have any left in the closet? So on a different note, I have been inspired by my fellow trash talkers to build a rod rack. Here are the beginning pictures of the creation. Found some sweet rod holders during my BPS shopping excursion. This is the frame in Galvanized[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]jpg[/img][/url] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

maybe you can take that netted bag and zip tie it and make a lid to keep closed and something to hold your rods on top

78Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:57 am

I found the best rod holder yet!! I'm going to use my hand..... Smile Watching this one for the sweet results!

79Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:02 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Go Dano... Go Dano... Go Dano..its your rod rack...go Dano! Thumbs Up

80Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:36 am

Dano67

Dano67

Picked up the last stuff for it this morning. Maybe finished tonight.

81Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:38 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

cool cant wait too see it

82Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Painted the frame in the garage this afternoon and gassed out the house with the smell. Also cut the top plate but cant mount it or the rod holders or the integral pre dawn LED light until the paint cures. I think if this works out I may make 4 of them and get them powdercaoted for durability. Only time will tell Smile

83Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:29 am

Dano67 wrote:Picked up the last stuff for it this morning. Maybe finished tonight.

Did ya finish??? Di ya.. did ya.. did ya???

I sure hope there are a good presence of float tube things at this Fly Fishing show today! Other wise, I'd be paying for parking and entrance for my mom and I do know nothing about what I am looking at!

84Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:53 am

Dano67

Dano67

Waiting for the paint to dry before I rivet the top panel on.

85Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:12 am

Dano67 wrote:Waiting for the paint to dry before I rivet the top panel on.

Sweet! Can't wait to see the finished product! I can't to crap at my house.. the power went out to like half the city at 11pm last night and it is still out! If it wasn't for my 4G wireless and my Honda generator, I'd be watching the grass grow.

86Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:26 am

Dano, any updates on your rod rack?? Can't wait to see it!

87Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:38 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Me 2

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

88Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:15 am

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

me 3!

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

89Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:58 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Did the pool test last night. Rod rack is gonna work fine. Switched out the liner for a removable tray I made from closed cell foam. This way I have a work surface if desired and emergency flotation for the rack without having to attach a bunch of pool noodles or pipe insulation. Injecting pvc pipe with expansion foam proved to be pointless so I ditched that idea right away. This is form and function together. Me like. Pix to follow.

90Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:33 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Sweet, wish I had the time to tinker, bu the kids and family are always in the way not that is a bad thing just no daddy time. Good job cannot wait to see it on the water.

91Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:24 pm

jeffcpr wrote:Sweet, wish I had the time to tinker, bu the kids and family are always in the way not that is a bad thing just no daddy time. Good job cannot wait to see it on the water.
Jeff, how many kids do you have and how old are they? Do they like to fish? If they are old enough, let's take them to NPH sometime on my boat. I use to take kids all the time! We can put them on some fish for sure! Let me know!

LC

92Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:01 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Cool man thanks for the invite, my boys are not much for fishing but I am sure a good saltwater fish would change there ideas of fish. My daughter is to young but in the future I think that would be great she is my fishing buddy out of all three.

93Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:22 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jeffcpr wrote:Cool man thanks for the invite, my boys are not much for fishing but I am sure a good saltwater fish would change there ideas of fish. My daughter is to young but in the future I think that would be great she is my fishing buddy out of all three.
Thumbs Up
girls can be AWESOME fishing buddies!
of course my dad only had 3 girls to choose from.
flower

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

94Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:08 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes my youngest and oldest daughters are crazy about fishing the oldest boy dont care to much like my middle daught and my youngest son is coming around if you lost count thats 5 kids lol

95Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:42 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Damn Ed, you've been busy Thumbs Up

96Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:58 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I got three. I don't know how he does five. affraid

97Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:11 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

well wife helps out a lot
and when me and waxon get together for a fishing trip or derby and we have about 7 - 10 kids and i am glad our kids get a long good together Very Happy Smile Red Smile

98Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:36 pm

jeffcpr wrote:Cool man thanks for the invite, my boys are not much for fishing but I am sure a good saltwater fish would change there ideas of fish. My daughter is to young but in the future I think that would be great she is my fishing buddy out of all three.

Sure thing Jeff. If the boys don't want to go, it can just be your daughter and you and I will bring my little cousin. I think they are about the same age.

99Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:57 am

Dano!!! Where are the pics of your rod rack!!!?? Or are you waiting for the unveiling at SFD so we can all wet our pink spandex? If I wet my pink spandex, you better have a spare ready for me!

100Ton of rod rack ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Ton of rod rack ideas Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:05 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I changed the rod holders to something in line with the Outcast example. This also features the blue closed cell foam tray to double as secondary flotation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum