FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Float Tube setup for soon-to-retire husband?

+8
ed5000x
Devil Dog
.:LOLLY:.
wiseguy
Lok Dog
jeffcpr
Docrunner
Fisher
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Checking back in with an update.

I was all decided on the Prowler, and then his coworkers said, no, THIS is the tube/boat you need: a Water Master, made in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana. I tried to post a link but as a new forum visitor am not allowed. It is 3Ws dot bigskyinflatables dot com

It's bigger than I thought it should be, and more expensive, but they are quite adamant that a float tube doesn't allow you to pull your legs out of the water when you get cold and the Watermaster has a little shelf you can rest your feet on, and oars to speed up your travel time. Since they are all avid fishermen, I guess I'll have to bow to their experience. (And generosity - the thing costs around $1200.)
Anyone ever seen or used one of these things?

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

What size is that? I will be honest and tell you, many people I know that own WM or WS (water strider) have ended up buying the NFO Assault because of the rockers. Specially on stillwater. The Assault smokes the WM and WS on rowing,plus the inflated floor seat area. About the same price. It is 8' 6" long.

Thanks for that Renegade, but it's out of my hands now. His partners have insisted they know best. (But they are making sure that the craft can be returned if he doesn't agree with them!)

webrx

FTFF Gathering Officer

outlaw assault and watermaster both look to be pretty cool, especially if you will be using them on a river. For stillwater, I love my cumberland, but no way I would run it through rapids, and it does not have a factory option for an outboard or trolling motor. I think you husband will be happy with the watermaster, or the assault if that is what he chooses to get.

Best of luck in his retirement.

d

Thanks, d

The outcast I was looking at was the Prowler. But it looks like that will be back-up plan if he doesn't like the Water Master.

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Kimby wrote:Thanks, d

The outcast I was looking at was the Prowler. But it looks like that will be back-up plan if he doesn't like the Water Master.

I just got back from a trip to a local lake. The Assault is incredible. So easy to turn and kick. Very small foot print on the water with the seat being out.
Wind picked up and it glided over the waves, wven the ones given my boats motoring way to close! It was fun though. I don't think the watermaster is going to be the same. It's seat is on the water and no rockers makes a large foot print plus drag. I do agree, maybe moving water, but rockers are needed. I look forward to his report.

32Best Float Tube setup for soon-to-retire husband? - Page 2 Empty Super Fat Cat Fri May 04, 2012 11:28 pm

tesscar

FTFF Gathering Officer

Just bought the Super Fat Cat and couldn't be more pleased with it. It is one level down from the Prowler and weighs four pounds less (12 lbs verse 16 lbs)which really makes a big difference if you have to carry it any distance. I highly recommend getting the backpack straps and the Outcast Double Action pump, too. I also got the Hot Spot Fins from Turner's which are working pretty well for me.

Good Luck!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum