FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

For you southern So Cal guys a question

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1For you southern So Cal guys a question Empty For you southern So Cal guys a question Wed May 23, 2012 9:20 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have been hearing the bite is better in the SD MB areas between October and February compared to the warmer months. Can you guys chime in with an opinion? Seems up here the bite really slows down during that time but I hear its different down there. I don't get down there very often so I have no comparison. SD is always good when I go lol. study

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

January at night is the best in MB for lot of bass and lots of big bass (spotties).

During the summer months with the warm water SD and MB can be insane.....spotties, sand bass, white sea bass, corvina, yellowfin croaker, BONEFISH, barracuda....man the list goes on and on and on.

As far as the species goes the warmer months are better but in the colder December-February months spotties are dying to get hooked!

Just my .02

Oh BTW all my really big spotties from 17-20" were caught in "warmer" months

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:January at night is the best in MB for lot of bass and lots of big bass (spotties).

During the summer months with the warm water SD and MB can be insane.....spotties, sand bass, white sea bass, corvina, yellowfin croaker, BONEFISH, barracuda....man the list goes on and on and on.

As far as the species goes the warmer months are better but in the colder December-February months spotties are dying to get hooked!

Just my .02

Oh BTW all my really big spotties from 17-20" were caught in "warmer" months

Now that is interesting. One of the guys from T&C was saying how hot the bite was in the colder months. Interesting to say the least. Thanks man.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good info. Massfisher !

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea Kevin (the owner of T&C) is a master of keeping log books. He along with some other "T&C guys" clued me in on the awesome "January bite".

Kevin has log books going back a long time...he can tell you exactly when and where the fish will bite and what they will bite...crazy stuff. Amazing how useful a well maintained log book can be...

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MASSfisher wrote:Yea Kevin (the owner of T&C) is a master of keeping log books. He along with some other "T&C guys" clued me in on the awesome "January bite".

Kevin has log books going back a long time...he can tell you exactly when and where the fish will bite and what they will bite...crazy stuff. Amazing how useful a well maintained log book can be...

That is what I heard I think its awesome.

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea the fisheries down here and up there are similar but kind of unique. Down here we have tons of eel grass. Up north in areas like Newport there is less eel grass because of all the boat docks (boat docks block the sun...no sun=no eel grass). For this reason I feel like the fish in both locations feed on different things which alters the way they act, grow and just operate in general.

It's also been said before that the spotties down here are responsible for the populations of spotties up north. Not sure exactly how they spawn (some of this is still a mystery) but i have a feeling the spotties down here spawn in the openings of the bays and the eggs/juvenile fish somehow make their way up north after drifting around at sea.

Again I'm not a scientist and im not sure how spotties reproduce exactly, just my theory based off of what I've heard before.

I wish they would start a SBB tagging program...I would be extremely interested in the findings.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum