FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Today at 9:25 am

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Greetings from Southern Maryland

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Greetings from Southern Maryland Empty Greetings from Southern Maryland Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Maj Bob

Maj Bob
FTFF Gathering Officer

Guess I'm the new guy. I just registered for the forum this morning. I'm from San Diego; moved to South Philly in Jr high school. Retired after 23 years in the Navy and Army. Currently live in Waldorf, Maryland. Got into Float tubing 'bout 18 months ago. My son and I are mainly bass fishers on some of the small local lakes and ponds, and creeks and small rivers here in Southern Maryland. We really love to fish for trout as well, but they are few and far between in these parts. Neither of us drives - he's an amputee with severe TBI, still undergoing therapy at Walter Reed, and I'm a shot up disabled Vietnam era helicopter pilot. So we're limited to pontoon boat (my son) and a float tube for me.

I ride a Classic Accessories Bighorn, which i really enjoy. I like it so much, I got him the CA Colorado XT. He didn't have his water leg yet back then, and flippers weren't possible for him, so he's got the Minn-Kota motor. With it, he's been known to tow me along back up the Potomac River to our launch point at Indian Head. We also enjoy fishing the Lower Patuxent which is only about 15 miles from home. Ah, life is indeed good! Very Happy

Cheers, y'all,
Bob Hendry

2Greetings from Southern Maryland Empty Re: Greetings from Southern Maryland Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:29 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

First thanks for your service and I am glad despite all the hardship you guys are out fishing like you do. We are very glad you found our site and we all look forward to hearing more from you and your son.
I for one would love to see some pictures of your outings from your home water. Again glad you found us Maj Bob.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Greetings from Southern Maryland Empty Re: Greetings from Southern Maryland Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:01 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Greetings and heartfelt thanks to you and your son for service above and beyond the call,.. I truly hope this country is affording you all the respect you deserve.
Your struggles do not seem to have slowed you down as far as fishing goes. I am curious to see how you and your son have adapted your gear and/or your technique to your physical needs. I am interested in getting involved in some of the Disabled Veterans fishing programs that some of the major tackle manufacturers, landings, and clubs, sponsor here in California, and would love to see (pics) and hear from you regarding any special engineering you have applied to your boat? your gear ? or your technique.

with deep regard, and respect

bodfish
descendant of the 442
"Go for Broke Bra"

PS. anything you think I can be of service with please ask. I am sure I am not alone with this offer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum