FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

First time out on the new ODC 420

+3
n2deepfsw
Tubinferbass
choppywaters
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First time out on the new ODC 420 Empty First time out on the new ODC 420 Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:19 pm

choppywaters

FTFF Gathering Officer

Well today was the day, after some painting I headed to a local marina inlet, although the fishing wasn't very good the tube was! It was super easy to get into and very comfortable to sit in. I thought for sure my bad back would start to ache but There was so much support I was very comfortable for the 5 hours I was out there. They sell an air seat for this as well but I don't really see the need as the foam seat is more than adequate (for me at least). I also thought my legs would be numb because of them being bent all the time but I was very comfortable. I went and bought new plastic storage boxes last night, one was a 2 sided Plano and the other a larger single side. I had more than enough room for both boxes in one side compartment which made for a comfortable arm rest. I probably only used 30% of total storage. I also bought a little cooler (probably 8"x14") that fit nicely behind the seat. One thing I was hoping and thought was that whatever you put in the back would stay dry but I noticed 2 drain holes in that area when I first inflated it yesterday. No big deal and I can understand why but.... One thing I will do before I head out next time is stretch a bit, cramps are painful, especially in the middle of a lake and ten minutes of kicking to get back,lol It's very light and you could carry it anywhere with the two heavy duty handles that are sewn in, I also ordered back pack straps for it but doubt I will ever use them but they were only 8 bucks. It feels very secure and solid, ya know when you get that feeling that something is very solidly built, I had that same feeling with this. I can't wait to get it back out hopefully tomorrow morning. Working on a rod holder system now. I'm sure the Cumberland, Outcasts and Fish Cats are quality products and I can't rightfully compare but it's got to be rated one of the top tubes out there especially for the price. I paid $159.00 and free shipping! The comparable Fish Cat I was looking at was almost 300.00! I saw where someone said this would be a good "starter" tube.....really? I would never want or need a better tube. Hope this might help someone who is new and looking for a tube like I was a few weeks ago.

2First time out on the new ODC 420 Empty Re: First time out on the new ODC 420 Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome report man glade the toon served you well!!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

3First time out on the new ODC 420 Empty Re: First time out on the new ODC 420 Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:52 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great report! Thanks...

4First time out on the new ODC 420 Empty re:First time out on the new ODC420 Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:55 pm

blues4bill

blues4bill
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Alright Choppy!! Was I right or was I right when I said you would love your
ODC420?? And I stated that you got an "upper mid level" tube for an entry level price! Anyone that would say the 420 is entry level is off their rocker don't you agree?? I really like mine and I got the sale price $159.00 but I got hit up for $20.00 shipping also. Still..NO regrets. I also mentioned that the 3 pak of Wal Mart Dry Bags were invaluable for keeping things dry. I forgot to tell you I found them in the boating accesory department, near the rain suits and such. I notice the Cumberland tubers (very nice tubes also) kind of formed a little group and refer to themselves as the Cucumber Armada. I thought that was clever so now us ODC guys (and there is a lot of us) should come up with a name for our "Fleet" LOL Then we could even have little fishing competitions between us or something along those lines? Just an idea?? Good luck on building your rod holder and please keep us posted with what awesome design you come up with. I got a lot of my ideas from all the great set ups right here on this forum. Feel free to check out the pictures I posted and copy or improve on anything I did! That's half the fun just "Pimping Out Your Tube"!!

5First time out on the new ODC 420 Empty Re: First time out on the new ODC 420 Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

yeah man, the odc 420 is lovely for a start and im sure it will last a long time, i got mines for 130 and 20 dollar shipping on ebay. i got lucky because it was the last one Smile i have no regrets on my tube. always having a great time! hope you enjoy it very much!

6First time out on the new ODC 420 Empty Re: First time out on the new ODC 420 Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:22 am

choppywaters

FTFF Gathering Officer

blues4bill wrote:Alright Choppy!! Was I right or was I right when I said you would love your
ODC420?? And I stated that you got an "upper mid level" tube for an entry level price! Anyone that would say the 420 is entry level is off their rocker don't you agree?? I really like mine and I got the sale price $159.00 but I got hit up for $20.00 shipping also. Still..NO regrets. I also mentioned that the 3 pak of Wal Mart Dry Bags were invaluable for keeping things dry. I forgot to tell you I found them in the boating accesory department, near the rain suits and such. I notice the Cumberland tubers (very nice tubes also) kind of formed a little group and refer to themselves as the Cucumber Armada. I thought that was clever so now us ODC guys (and there is a lot of us) should come up with a name for our "Fleet" LOL Then we could even have little fishing competitions between us or something along those lines? Just an idea?? Good luck on building your rod holder and please keep us posted with what awesome design you come up with. I got a lot of my ideas from all the great set ups right here on this forum. Feel free to check out the pictures I posted and copy or improve on anything I did! That's half the fun just "Pimping Out Your Tube"!!

Hi bill, no the "starter" comment was on another site when I was surfin'. I like your idea lol. I'm trying to get ideas from all the set ups I like but just keep seeing the same few, then I tried doing a search but nothing. I'll figure something out, again mine is going to be a simple one.

7First time out on the new ODC 420 Empty Re: First time out on the new ODC 420 Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:26 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes the new odc420 has came a long way it looks great and you looked every confident on it i would have thought you were riding that tube for some time did not knew it was first time on it
congratulations you looked like a pro

8First time out on the new ODC 420 Empty Re: First time out on the new ODC 420 Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:16 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Excellente, fellas!
As a new tubing buyer/convert (from kayaks), I have gone through the usual "Confusion Wringer."  Decisions are hard to come by, to say the least.

But thanks to the advice of a very experienced tuber friend (The ASIAN GUY)
Ive finally leaned on the ODC.

But hearing from a total nimrod about his experience with this tube is comforting.
It makes my choice that much easier.

Thanks

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum