FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Today at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is it in Big Bear?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How is it in Big Bear? Empty How is it in Big Bear? Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:42 pm

hombre_jaguar

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Got some bday money and wife is down for big bear tomorrow. Where could I launch a float tube, if at all possible, and be able to get some lmb or trout?  Fees? Where to park?scratch

I have been out of fishing for over a year due to lay off so I'm really excited to wet my lines even for a little while on my bday.cheers

Thank you in advance for any tips/intel. Thumbs Up

Feel free to inbox me if you to keep your spots on the DL. I will put it in the vault.

Ps. Have a happy and a sfe 4th of July

2How is it in Big Bear? Empty Re: How is it in Big Bear? Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:49 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

It has been a long time for me I think you need to head down to the boat launch ramp, they will have all the info. I wish I had the cost for you but good luck hope you have a great time let us know how it goes for you.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3How is it in Big Bear? Empty Re: How is it in Big Bear? Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:08 pm

hmm not sure on the pprice of the wilderness pass or launch fees anymore ... Talked to a guy a few weeks ago that was up there tubing and he said the catfish bite was wide open on Crawlers behind the church . most guys targeting bass seem to do well around the launch ramp area . on IKA and drop shot natural colors , so i would say browns and greens to be safe .

The question remains how the traffic will be , i see the reports from today up there that they had 100,000 people trying to launch on the holiday .. it may be good early and turn into a washing machine by 10 . who knows ..

Let us know how it goes , been a few yrs since i have been up there as well .. good luck and i hope you catch a few .

Wes

4How is it in Big Bear? Empty Re: How is it in Big Bear? Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 am

hombre_jaguar

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks for the info Wes and Jeff. salute   Seems like there's a one day $20 launch fee for float tubes.  Nothing else other than a fishing license as usual.  I was reading up online and found some info that I hope will point me in the right direction as well.  

I got my tube out and pre-inflated half way to check for leaks.  Car's loaded and ready to go.

I will check back in from the water if I get reception or late night.

Night.

5How is it in Big Bear? Empty Tough day back Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:37 pm

hombre_jaguar

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Well, I packed it all and paid my $20 permit fee and drove over to "Boulder Bay". The wind was going to be too risky for tubing, and the cashier and ranger said it'll be better in Boulder Bay as the boulders/walls will protect me from the wind. Then, as I inflate my tube I hear a "hissssss." Damn! I must've over inflated. Mad I had just checked it the previous night and just killed my outing. I ended up going back to the North Shore side and trying my luck out on power bait n wait for trout. Not one bite.....

I ended up getting some great food at the Himalayan restaurant in Big Bear. That was the highlight of the trip.

6How is it in Big Bear? Empty Re: How is it in Big Bear? Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:00 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Sorry about the tube, but it sounds like it was a good adventure any ways.
Where does the $20 adventure pass/permit give you access to?

7How is it in Big Bear? Empty Re: How is it in Big Bear? Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:25 am

hombre_jaguar

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey Jerdon, yea it was all good getting out there at least. As far as the $20. You can launch anywhere on the lake. Cool thing is you can apply the $20 towards the $50 year pass on your next visit. (April to April. ) They also have a 2 or 3 day pass for $30 and $40 respectively.

8How is it in Big Bear? Empty Re: How is it in Big Bear? Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:18 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I just saw this post, I would`ve give you a few spots that I like, ez to launch and free parking. I was there few months ago after 2 years, water level has drop by 11ft! it was sad specially sincne one of my fav. spots with water lilies got dried up! Sad you can fish from boulder bay with no tube, there`s a little platform like a pier. it has LMB

9How is it in Big Bear? Empty Next time. Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:33 pm

hombre_jaguar

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:I just saw this post, I would`ve give you a few spots that I like, ez to launch and free parking. I was there few months ago after 2 years, water level has drop by 11ft! it was sad specially sincne one of my fav. spots with water lilies  got dried up! Sad you can fish from boulder bay with no tube, there`s a little platform like a pier. it has LMB

Yea I noticed the dried up weeds around the north shore due to lower levels, that sucks. There's still alot of weeds in the water that I lost a few trout rigs and a lure to. I did see the platform you are talking about but it seemed over crowded, due to the holiday I suspect.

I am currently waiting for my replacement bladder for my tube and hope to get out there soon!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum