FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wax's thoughts outloud...#5

+5
Vagabond
kg562
.:LOLLY:.
jeffcpr
waxon67
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Empty Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:22 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have noticed when I handle cut squid the juice irritates my skin. Sometimes even feels like its burning a little. Anyone else relate? I know Leaky said the same thing the other night. Anyone know why? study

2Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Empty Re: Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:33 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have no idea other thank you have a irritation to the oils from the squid try the hypoallergenic squid might help Suspect

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Empty Re: Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's weird, I have never had that problem. Do you just let the juice stay on your hands or wipe it off with a rag and still burns after wiping?

4Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Empty Re: Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:18 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awkward. Ive never had this issue before..

5Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Empty Re: Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That is odd, is the squid kept in any sort of perservative or is it just raw untreated squid? I know gulp in a open wound or dry skin crack stings like crazy.

6Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Empty Re: Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wax, you need to keep your squid in a container or plastic bag.. not in your shorts. lol! lol! lol!

7Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Empty Re: Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You set your self up for that bro keep your squid to your self and leaky leave toms squid alone if it burns his hand you know its going to burn yours l

8Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Empty Re: Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

never happend to me

9Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Empty Re: Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:04 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks guys ? Well this thread is Wax's thoughts outloud so you never know what you'll find here. But seriously, yeah it burns a little. Guess I should go get a shot and start wearing condoms. Wait, wrong burning. Uh perhaps gloves or :something cuz I must have some kind of allergy. Rolling Eyes

10Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Empty Re: Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:But seriously, yeah it burns a little. Uh perhaps gloves or :something cuz I must have some kind of allergy. Rolling Eyes

Is it a burn or an itch? Redness? You could try taking a benadryl before you go fish. This is over-the-counter at any pharmacy. It might make you a bit sleepy, especially if you combine it with alcohol. alien

The other important consideration in MEN of our vintage.. it might cause a bit of over-relaxation of the bladder, and tightening of the prostate. Sounds good, right? Stay out on the water longer without feeling the urge to whiz, right? That is.. until you can not pee at all and feel like bursting. Then.. it's a trip to the ER for you. BUT.. if you don't have any troubles, then you should be OK. It's pretty uncommon, but it can happen. That's why they always mention it on most cold medicines, etc.

See if this works Thom. I wouldn't be surprised if it's some kind of sensitivity. I don't have it.. but there's something potent in squid, cuz when I handle squid, I can't get rid of that smell off my hands for DAYS. affraid

11Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Empty Re: Wax's thoughts outloud...#5 Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:09 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Geeez Doc!
I wear'n gloves from now on!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum