FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Today at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Today at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks

+14
mefishtoo
Docrunner
redsox8655
Squidy
jesusbm562
Konacrush
Misfit_Angler138
Tubinferbass
motorazr
jeffcpr
kg562
bassfishing24/7
wiseguy
.:LOLLY:.
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Bump

27For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:34 am

Squidy

Squidy
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nicce bro i might hit u up if i wanna get a rod holder for my cumberland

28For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Christmas is around the corner...

29For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:54 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

yes it is, and then you guys can look cool like me!

For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Myride

...all joking aside, these are some real cool looking and very useful rod holders. Alfredo builds them very well. I love mine! Twisted Evil

30For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Just finished a slightly different layout for a customer

For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 IMG_20121117_145552

31For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:20 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Guys I bought one of these very nice set up and it attached perfect to my ODC 420 with no worries. If you were thinking of getting one it is worth it Thumbs Up
Nice changes bro.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

32For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Question about the Rod Rack Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 pm

redsox8655

redsox8655
FTFF Gathering Officer

hey what is the diameter of the ABS Pipe? I have some pretty large grips for some of my casting rods and i wanted to make sure they will fit. Ive been looking for a rack for my Caddis for a long time now and yours by far are the best looking

https://www.facebook.com/RedSox1986

33For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

1 1/2". I'm confident it should work with your rods. If that's still too small, it would not be a problem bumping up to 2" diameter. Thanks for your interest.

34For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have one of .:LOLLY:. rod racks and I have a few rods that have long handles. There has been no issue with the rod rack or the length of the handles on my rods. Just passing on my 2 cents. Red Smile

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

35For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:31 pm

redsox8655

redsox8655
FTFF Gathering Officer

thank you i am very interested in getting at least 2 of these! i have a caddis navigator 2 and a outcast fishcat

https://www.facebook.com/RedSox1986

36For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sounds good. Go ahead and give me a call and we'll work something out with the required info necessary.

Last edited by .:LOLLY:. on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

37For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:52 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

yo Fredo.. I'm off the water a few months, and come back and you're a business man now? Do you still fish? Nice rack... It's $65 for one, right? Dang.. the stainless steel hardware alone is prob $10/pair. How does it attach to the Cumberland D-rings?

Nice deal.. tempting. Rambo

38For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:10 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey, can you make an arm to hold my Fishing Buddy fishfinder? If I'm not using the FF, I could still use it for a rod, or grip, pliers, whatever.. like the straight up 2nd arm on your stock rack, right behind the trolling arm.

SOmething like this..
For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Photo-M

I think the dimensions are:

AND a 2nd rack (standard, no FF holder), that has stainless steel rings to fit BOTH the Cumberland, and this Caddis? (I think you know this tube.. didn't you have this before?)

This way, I can put both on my Cumberland when I go solo, but if my son goes, we can both have a Fredo Rack.

Or.. I might just be able to add the customer rings myself for the dual-purpose rack. Are they just tapped and screwed into the PVC? Or bolt/nut? I'm thinking depending on how it sits, I might even be able to get away with just 3 ring connectors to fit both tubes?

Let me know what you think bro?? Let's do some biz!

39For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:11 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What's up man. It's been a while. Haven't fished since December but I'll be out there soon enough! Yes it's 65 per rack.

The top of the rack attaches to the tube with carabiners that go through the eye-bolts provided on the rack and through the d-rings that are on the float tube. I can also provide the carabiners as long as supplies last. The only thing you would need to get is the bungee cord. The bungee cord is attached to the bottom of the rack to the provided nylon pad eyes (like the ones found on kayaks).

For the fish finder. I can modify the rack to receive it no problem.

For the caddis I would just need the center to center of the d-rings on the tube. The eye-bolts and nylon pad eyes both have nuts on the inside of the abs pipe for added security so they won't pull out and your gear wont sink to the abyss. If the dimensions are close enough to the Cumberland then you would be good to go. If not, I can add extra attachment points to accommodate the caddis so it can be interchangeable between the two tubes. Just let me know and we can work it out!

40For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:What's up man. It's been a while. Haven't fished since December but I'll be out there soon enough! Yes it's 65 per rack.

The top of the rack attaches to the tube with carabiners that go through the eye-bolts provided on the rack and through the d-rings that are on the float tube. I can also provide the carabiners as long as supplies last. The only thing you would need to get is the bungee cord. The bungee cord is attached to the bottom of the rack to the provided nylon pad eyes (like the ones found on kayaks).

For the fish finder. I can modify the rack to receive it no problem.

For the caddis I would just need the center to center of the d-rings on the tube. The eye-bolts and nylon pad eyes both have nuts on the inside of the abs pipe for added security so they won't pull out and your gear wont sink to the abyss. If the dimensions are close enough to the Cumberland then you would be good to go. If not, I can add extra attachment points to accommodate the caddis so it can be interchangeable between the two tubes. Just let me know and we can work it out!

hmm.. I'm not understanding the bungee cord and nylon pad eyes. Do you have a pic?

Anyways, let's plan on doing this. You still have my email? FishNinjaY (AT) G(M)(A)(I)(L)(DOT)(COM)

No rush.. email me your price for both.. I think the Caddis is significantly smaller than the Cumberland, but I think we can use the same rack size as the Cumberland, but just add the extra connection points to make it centered/balanced on the Caddis.

Just a note on the carabiners, for you and your customers ... the carabiners look like they are all aluminum.. BUT,, the spring on the inside of the aluminum carbiner is thin and metal. It WILL rust and bust pretty quickly in ocean water! I suppose rinsing it off with fresh water, maybe a blast of silicone or WD40 might slow down the cancer.. but they might not have the longest life on a float tube. Luckily, they are really cheap. I think even the really expensive STAINLESS STEEL carabiners, use metal springs on the inside that can rust when exposed to salt water. I've gone the ghetto route and backup my carabiners with heavy-duty plastic zip ties. Twisted Evil

41For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:12 pm

mefishtoo

mefishtoo
FTFF Gathering Officer

Visited Lolly today, he is going to build me a couple of special racks, looking forward in seen what he comes up with

42For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:03 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I love Lolly's rack! Red Smile

43For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:07 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice meeting you meefishtoo. I'm sure you will be happy with the outcome!

44For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:10 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I just picked up a LOLLY rack last night. It is sweet.
You really can't appreciate the thought and details until you actually see it. I made my own complicated rack system that wraps around my whole tube. It's O-K.. but it's PVC and not without it's faults. You can see mine here:

BUT.. after using it a lot, I've decided I want something simpler, and that leaves my right side clear for casting and stuff. I looked at LOLLY's rack, and the price is GOOD.. I checked on the parts. For this amount of ABS, joints, hardware, glue, etc.. it would be around $40 in parts alone. I think at $65 and it's ready to Plug-n-Play.. it can't be beat!

I have a minor mod to do to add my fishfinder.. Hopefully, I'll post a pic of it later today, or after Saturday's Ninja Fishing..

THANKS 'FREDO!!

45For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm happy you like it Jay.

46For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:43 pm

atavuss

atavuss
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Great product! I have a few questions though........
How do you secure fly rods, either for trolling or when stored in the 45 degree angle holders?
Are these pipes painted or is the plastic black?
What is the purpose of the straight upright pipes in between the trolling rod holder and 45 degree storage rod holders?

47For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Honestly, I have never made one to hold fly rods. It's always spinning or casting.

The piping is ABS and it is already made black so you don't have to worry about chipping or discoloration.

The vertical pipe can be for whatever you want it for. It doesn't even have to be there if you don't want it to. I personally use the vertical piece to hold either my gaff or my lip gripper.

48For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:04 pm

kaiserslaveray

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

You need to brand your holders with a logo. That would make a cool product cooler. Maybe throw a decal of your logo on it.

......Whats that? You don't have a logo or a decal guy?

What?

Oh yeah I can trade you! No problem!

Just kidding, kinda  Smile 

Sent you a text. Gonna get one this week probably!

49For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've thought about adding a logo before but I like the clean simple look of all black. Plus I'm a firm believer of the word of mouth. Who knows, maybe some time in the future I might add a logo.

50For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks - Page 2 Empty Re: For Sale: Float Tube Rod Racks Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey lolly. Do u have the specs for a Fish Cat tube? Looks simple enough for me to make one but since you've spent the time and effort to research and build one, I won't feel right jocking your idea so I'll pay u for yours.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum