FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Thu May 09, 2024 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why is this so sexy??

+3
Madbasser
Dano67
jeffcpr
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think it was only like 20-30 bucks. You need the pinion and main gear and also get the Key washer (for the drag). The new style is different and the old one might not fit right in the gear.

27Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:34 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Have you guys (who are talking about reels anyway) tried the Steez out? Now THAT is a smooth/sexy reel! I have a few and it's hard going back to my other reels Smile The only reel that I thought was smoother is the Calais but the Calais can be COLD on those winter days!

http://www.geemoto.com

28Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Been looking at them Todd. But just haven't had the guts to make the jump. Its a LOT of scratch there. The boat takes most of my money these days.
I do have a Pixy i treasure though. Lets keep that on the DL though, don't want any unwanted guests knocking at my door wanting me to sell it. LOL affraid affraid

29Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:42 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Keep an eye out on Tackle Tour. I've gotten some REALLY good deals there and they've been in great shape.

Have you started converting your Pixy to a Pixilla yet? Wink

I don't have a Pixy...yet...had a few Alphas but down to only one right now but I've upgraded the handle (4 ball bearings) along with the spool bearings (Boca ABEC 7 Orange Seals although I've removed the seals) and all I can say is it is a casting, pitching, light weight machine!

Todd

30Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah. its basically there. I don't have a zillion line guide, or new type R spool. Other than that its there (Drag upgrade with new metal washers, orange seals, line guide bearing...).

31Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:00 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Sweet! I need to get me one of those Pixy's one day...curious how it compares to the PX68. Another day...

32Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:03 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Wow, Ive really got to get with it. All this baitcaster talk sounds foreign to me Embarassed

33Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:06 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Fever - you don't want to get into this...it will cost you a small fortune! It's probably the reason I don't have a fiberglass boat, heck, any boat at the moment (not including kick).... Embarassed

Todd

34Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:08 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya this is going over my head as well I feel like a new guy, but it is good to see the passion involved in this. I will learn and will in time have some new toys as well, for now I am just going to put new line on the old reels and get back out on the water.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

35Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

samuraiti wrote:Fever - you don't want to get into this...it will cost you a small fortune! It's probably the reason I don't have a fiberglass boat, heck, any boat at the moment (not including kick).... Embarassed

Todd

Small fortune is right, and it could turn into your whole pay check every month if your not careful.

I just picked up a bass boat a few months ago and the money i have put into it is astounding. I hate thinking about it, but it's all for the passion so its worth it.

I think the 68PX is the newest pixy right? with the swept carbon fiber handle and the new Type R spool? I love the nice Black stealth color. Mine is the orange one. Man i need to get one of those now.

Thanks!!! Shocked

36Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:28 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yup, you are right on.

I like the looks of the orange Pixy. I just want the left hand version which seems to be difficult to find. I use left handed for my flipping/pitching/light line stuff and right handed for heavier lures. Might just have to pick up a silver one for cheap and get it painted!

Those bass boats are crazy expensive. I've been eyeing a few but when I see how much time and money my team partner spends on his, it helps me from pulling the trigger! LOL I will get one eventually but think I need a couple more years at this point.

37Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:36 pm

I know what these boys are talking about. I use to love modding my tackle. Then my job took over. Now I just hope to go fishing. LOL.

I know what you mean about the Calais. I have the 100 and the 200DSV. My hand was so cold one time I couldn't feel the line. The Calais metal frame transmits that COLD like Crazy!

38Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah, i bought a used one and man its costing so much money to get the motor right and getting the boat the way i want it. Hopefully soon, it will be all done then it shouldn't be so bad (knocking on wood).

39Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Madbasser wrote:Yeah, i bought a used one and man its costing so much money to get the motor right and getting the boat the way i want it. Hopefully soon, it will be all done then it shouldn't be so bad (knocking on wood).

What boat did you get? Make, Model, Motor? Very Happy

40Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Its a 21' Avenger ski/bass made by CeeBee manufacturing in Ventura i believe? They are no longer in business thought.. Its basically a Bass boat with small bench seats up front. Still have a big front deck and big back deck. Has a 200hp Merc. 2-stroke. 24v trolling motor and i'm looking to put a 791 Hummingbird SI fishfinder on it. The 200 will blow ur hair back.

41Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Madbasser wrote:Its a 21' Avenger ski/bass made by CeeBee manufacturing in Ventura i believe? They are no longer in business thought.. Its basically a Bass boat with small bench seats up front. Still have a big front deck and big back deck. Has a 200hp Merc. 2-stroke. 24v trolling motor and i'm looking to put a 791 Hummingbird SI fishfinder on it. The 200 will blow ur hair back.

Oh Heck! Get her running! Then you can TOW me in my float tube at 70mph to my next fishing hole! That sounds like a sweet rig! Got any pictures??

42Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Not yet but soon.

It'll pull ur spandex off let me tell u what. affraid

43Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Sounds fun!! I have a little Renelli 18'ski boat (actually brother in laws but same thing) that works nice. Needs some serious fish mods though but it still gets you out there.

44Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:19 pm

Madbasser wrote:Not yet but soon.

It'll pull ur spandex off let me tell u what. affraid

Or the spandex will be so far up where the sun don't shine! Mad Very Happy

45Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:31 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Madbasser wrote:Its a 21' Avenger ski/bass made by CeeBee manufacturing in Ventura i believe? They are no longer in business thought.. Its basically a Bass boat with small bench seats up front. Still have a big front deck and big back deck. Has a 200hp Merc. 2-stroke. 24v trolling motor and i'm looking to put a 791 Hummingbird SI fishfinder on it. The 200 will blow ur hair back.
Avenger made a nice boat, my first boat was a 18ft Avenger with a 150 Merc.

46Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:36 pm

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Current ride is 19ft Rogers jet with mild built 454 chevy. Not a good fishing boat, but alot of fun tearin up the river. Very Happy

47Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:11 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

cant go wrong with a 454 chevy

48Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:25 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice way to curb the need for speed there Fever. Bet u get all the ladies. Thumbs Up

49Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:28 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

ed5000x wrote:cant go wrong with a 454 chevy
had 1 in a suburban...
can't go wrong..
could go broke! What a Face

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

50Why is this so sexy?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is this so sexy?? Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:30 pm

fever wrote:Current ride is 19ft Rogers jet with mild built 454 chevy. Not a good fishing boat, but alot of fun tearin up the river. Very Happy

Lake Havasu Spring Break here we come!!

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum