FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Today at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Today at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cumberland or Ponderay ?

+2
jeffcpr
beancounter
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cumberland or Ponderay ? Empty Cumberland or Ponderay ? Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:41 pm

beancounter

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey guys new member here from Virginia trying to decide on a float to keep stored in my truck camper when traveling for fishing and just tooling around. It will not be my primary boat as I have a 19' Arima for salt and a 14 Starcraft for fresh and I also have an Achilles inflatable that I use with a Minn Kota electric. I guess I am a little boat crazy. Anyway sometimes the wife and daughter scream about why do I always have to take a boat on a trailer on vacation. So I have room under my daughters bed in the truck camper for a float and waders and fins etc. Gotta get my fix somehow.
Well I have been lurking and studying and it comes down to the Cumberland that I know you guys love @$198 or Ponderay @ Coverbonanza @ $140 less I guess the 15% discount. Can't get much information on the Ponderay it looks good for the money but don't know about the quality. Any help would be appreciated. Also think I will call Coverbonanza and ask the guy there his opinion since they sell both but I believe are out of the Cumberland for a while. Will post after I buy something and try it out. May be a fishing report. Thanks Jimmie

2Cumberland or Ponderay ? Empty Re: Cumberland or Ponderay ? Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:14 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome to the site ya you sound boat crazy but there is nothing wrong with that right. I vote for the cumberland the other is nice but seems bulky and the cumberland has been proven top quality again and again. Good luck i dont think you can go wrong either way.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Cumberland or Ponderay ? Empty Re: Cumberland or Ponderay ? Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:27 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I like cumberland but the sit is hard foam. so it is bulky when storing it. I don't know the ponderey. have you check the fishcat delux? or outcast? those are all deflatables. and very good quality and confy.
welcome to the forum!

4Cumberland or Ponderay ? Empty Re: Cumberland or Ponderay ? Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:24 am

beancounter

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for the quick responses already. I should add I am 6'1" and weigh about 240 so I want a high capacity tube. Does the foam seat really use much storage space vs inflatable seats?

5Cumberland or Ponderay ? Empty Re: Cumberland or Ponderay ? Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

beancounter wrote:Thanks for the quick responses already. I should add I am 6'1" and weigh about 240 so I want a high capacity tube. Does the foam seat really use much storage space vs inflatable seats?
They fold up nicely and can be stored in a duffle type bag along with fins, booties, etc.  I have a Cumberland and at 6' and 255, it keeps me high and dry.  They are a well made tube.

6Cumberland or Ponderay ? Empty Re: Cumberland or Ponderay ? Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to the forums

7Cumberland or Ponderay ? Empty Re: Cumberland or Ponderay ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:39 pm

beancounter

FTFF Gathering Officer

well I ordered the ponderay since it was so cheap. Might get a cumberland later. Will post a review after I get it.

8Cumberland or Ponderay ? Empty Re: Cumberland or Ponderay ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:58 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am interested in what you think of it when you get it, keep us posted.

9Cumberland or Ponderay ? Empty Re: Cumberland or Ponderay ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:55 pm

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

CUMBERLAND!!!! Lol
You'll love it, trust us

10Cumberland or Ponderay ? Empty got the Ponderay today Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:11 pm

beancounter

FTFF Gathering Officer

Well the big brown truck showed up as scheduled today and sweeeeet the only thing better than getting a new toy delivered is it showed up while the wife was gone. Materials look good will post a full review after I inflate it and take it for a test run.

11Cumberland or Ponderay ? Empty Re: Cumberland or Ponderay ? Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:28 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am very interested in your thoughts on the Ponderay Wink let me know what you think

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum