FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Today at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Today at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

is this the new Cumberland?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1is this the new Cumberland? Empty is this the new Cumberland? Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:25 am

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
New?

Old?

Older?

I was thinking of getting a Cumberland while my pontoon undergoes some changes.  Read up on some reviews here and then went to Cabelas to check out other reviews.  I noticed the difference in the designs.  

1. The stripping apron lays more flat, a little neater and more taught; velcro attachments at rear fit better.  
2. The bar attachment is slightly different; more in-between than on top.
3. No D-rings behind the pockets on top of tube (for back pack straps?).
4. Looks like a smaller deck area behind the seat.
5. End of the tube is angled vs round like the model most everyone here has.
6. Where did the valves go?

Cabelas states it's 3" wider and 1.5" taller and the same length (56").  If the length is the same then, it looks like they moved the cockpit back a couple of inches (seat back

What gives?

2is this the new Cumberland? Empty Re: is this the new Cumberland? Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:17 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Right off the bat, no, that is not the latest Cumberland.

The first picture looks more like a rendering more than an actual photo. The second and third pictures are the previous model.Those D-rings on top (behind the pockets) were intended for backpack straps but neither myself or anyone I know could get them to work properly. As far as I know, the latest model of the Cumberland has the back pack straps under the seat. That is the one you want, trust me.

On the second picture you can see the boston air valve. It is located between the pocket and the d-ring.

Lastly, I have noticed that a lot of website show the same picture that you have posted or even the model before that one. In reality they are showing that picture but selling the latest and greatest model. It can get a little confusing if you're trying to see exactly what you are buying.

3is this the new Cumberland? Empty Re: is this the new Cumberland? Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:20 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Also, don't forget about coverbonanza.com (one of our site sponsors). They have the Cumberland float tube for much cheaper than just about anywhere else.

The link says out of stock but you should try calling them and figure out how far back they are back ordered.

4is this the new Cumberland? Empty Re: is this the new Cumberland? Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:03 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah, the one way to easily tell if you got a new Cumberland is if the backpack straps are on the bottom (under your seat). I think LOLLY is correct, where ever you end up ordering it from you will get the newest model. I'd definitely get in contact with CB and check availability, they are the best price around and you still get a discount for letting them know you are a member of the FTFF.

5is this the new Cumberland? Empty Re: is this the new Cumberland? Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:38 am

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Yeah, I thought the image from Cabelas site looked a little off... like a bad Photoshop job (the bar is shaved off on the bottom.) If it is a rendering, I wonder why they would push the cockpit further back decreasing the rear deck?

Thanks for the Cover bonanza heads up. I knew about them and was just waiting for them to get them back in stock.

So even the second image is not the one I would want because it has the D-rings behind the pockets? I like the change in cover; less seams to fail.

6is this the new Cumberland? Empty Re: is this the new Cumberland? Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:46 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This is what the new Cumberland looks like. You can see that the D-rings are no longer behind the air valves.

People complain about the mesh not being sturdy enough... come talk to me if you want mods Thumbs Up

7is this the new Cumberland? Empty Re: is this the new Cumberland? Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:57 pm

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Cool Lolly.  Thanks.

Too bad the first image may not be real.  I like that stripping net and how it lays flat and looks stable.  And the cover, with angled, not round ends, seems like there would be less seams for failure.  Also, glad that the rear deck space isn't lost.

Just waiting to hear from CB when they'll catch up with production.

8is this the new Cumberland? Empty Re: is this the new Cumberland? Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Is the weight cap still at 350

9is this the new Cumberland? Empty Re: is this the new Cumberland? Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I found this add on YouTube

Looks like that is a 2010 model

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

10is this the new Cumberland? Empty Re: is this the new Cumberland? Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:25 pm

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Fish'sBane wrote:Is the weight cap still at 350

Well I guess it did even back then.

Jerdon wrote:I found this add on YouTube

Looks like that is a 2010 model

Why does it look like that guy wearing a full wetsuit? Suspect
So I had the progression all backwards then.  The latest ones have the round end.  That 2010 model ends just looks sleeker.  I hope when CB gets them back in stock, that they have the bottom side backpack straps. Seeing those rings on top kind of scare me.

Oh yeah, thanks Jerdon for modeling the newer backpack straps (found pics in an old thread.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum