FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!!

+5
Fisher
Wyu
jeffcpr
Yellowrock
Misfit_Angler138
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:43 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

So i went to Guasti this past Saturday. Pulled an all nighter and went after work.
I went with my cousins and a Co worker and a friend.
We set up kinda late cuz of the entry line.
But we still hooked up.
Well there seemed to be a derby going on for kids. Complete with these so called instructors...don't get me wrong some were actually instructing...but some were not.

After about our 5th fish a lil girl came up to me with her mom and asked why she hadn't caught anything.
Her rig was all jacked up.
Hook to swivel with two Lil split shots 6 inches away.
I took her pole and set her up on a Carolina rig with about an 8 in leader. On a slider.
Her and her Lil brother.
Let her use some chunky chart. Dough that we had n she was set.
And through all this, this INSTRUCTOR was sitting right behind her texting on his cell the whole time. N walking around too scope out girls.
And admittedly i was a lil annoyed.
Not by the fact that i had to help this Lil girl. But by the fact this guy could wear this "instructor" t shirt. N not do a single thing.
Anyway...the lil girl ended up hooking up 2 rainbows on that carolina rig.
She reeled them n and all lol she showed a great sense for fishing. The lil brother was a lil too hyper too sit still. No patience.
The lil girl hooked up the 4 trout altogether and the "INSTRUCTOR" went with her to get the fish weighed everytime. Like he did something :/

2FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty Re: FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:32 am

bummer that the instructor did that , but in the end that little girl had a great experience and she will remember this day for a long time and it was because you did the right thing  Thumbs Up  , Great job on the fish caught by all .

WES

3FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty Re: FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:25 am

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

hahaha. Damn.. that would've irritated me too. You're too kind. I would've said something to the "instructor". Kudos for you to help the lil girl. You've just made that trip memorable and it's going to stay with her forever. You're "that guy" that made her fishing trip a great one. awesome!!

4FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty Re: FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:32 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Well do Fish'sBane you did the righg thing and even though the waist of skin took her to weight those fish, she knows who the real hero is. Great work bro.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty Re: FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:51 am

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Kiddos to you Fish n' Bane!!!!

Like Yellowrock said you will be remembered as that guy that helped her catch fish. I would had been annoyed at that situation as well.

Kids are the future of our sport and that little girl who approached you and asked why she's wasn't catching any fish is one kid that will grow up and be a fisherman because of what you did.

I'm a strong believer that most of us fisherman fish because at one time in our life we had a memorable fishing experience (catching fish) and that's due to a person who you were with knew what they were doing to catch fish. So many people are not fisherman because of that first experience (not catching fish/ it's boring) usually because dad took them out the first time and didn't know what the hell he's doing but pretending to.

I have a 4 yr old daughter and a 2 1/2 yr old son. I took my daughter when she was 3 to Irvine lake and she landed her first trout and since then is hooked on fishing and I intend to do that with my son as well.

6FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty Re: FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:51 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

thats awesome wtg on gettin that girl hooked up

7FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty Re: FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:11 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yep, you are that guy.
Kuddos to you my man for doing the right things.
Good on the mom for taking a chance and stepping up.

So anyways.
Was the mom hot?

8FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty Re: FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:51 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Fishing is as much camaraderie as it is a solo sport. Good job on helping the kid, my best days of fishing were when my kids caught their first fish, I'm sure it was the same for her mom and her.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

9FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty Re: FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:13 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

dlobo wrote:Yep, you are that guy.
Kuddos to you my man for doing the right things.
Good on the mom for taking a chance and stepping up.

So anyways.
Was the mom hot?

Lol She was way too old

10FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty Re: FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:26 am

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Fish'sBane wrote:So i went to Guasti this past Saturday. Pulled an all nighter and went after work.
I went with my cousins and a Co worker and a friend.
We set up kinda late cuz of the entry line.
But we still hooked up.
Well there seemed to be a derby going on for kids. Complete with these so called instructors...don't get me wrong some were actually instructing...but some were not.

After about our 5th fish a lil girl came up to me with her mom and asked why she hadn't caught anything.
Her rig was all jacked up.
Hook to swivel with two Lil split shots 6 inches away.
I took her pole and set her up on a Carolina rig with about an 8 in leader. On a slider.
Her and her Lil brother.
Let her use some chunky chart. Dough that we had n she was set.
And through all this, this INSTRUCTOR was sitting right behind her texting on his cell the whole time. N walking around too scope out girls.
And admittedly i was a lil annoyed.
Not by the fact that i had to help this Lil girl. But by the fact this guy could wear this "instructor" t shirt. N not do a single thing.
Anyway...the lil girl ended up hooking up 2 rainbows on that carolina rig.
She reeled them n and all lol she showed a great sense for fishing. The lil brother was a lil too hyper too sit still. No patience.
The lil girl hooked up the 4 trout altogether and the "INSTRUCTOR" went with her to get the fish weighed everytime. Like he did something :/

Good man, my man.
Idiots and selfish boobs abound. They call themselves all manner of titles, sadly.

Good thing you aren't one of them.  Red Smile 

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

11FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty Re: FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:00 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hook to swivel? Someone has been playing around with crankbaits/spinners way too much. Trout are a shy creature as it is, even though they are stockers. They are even more shy as native. Tiny baring of a hook (either shank or hook) will discourage them from biting, let alone a full size swivel, probably on a 6lbs mono?

12FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Empty Re: FISHING INSTRUCTOR MY ASS!!! Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:34 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I don't even put a spinner directly to a swivel for trout.
I get what the mom was doing, she was wingin' it. Good for her but the more I think about this story over the past week the more I wish the OP would have done something to humiliate the so called instructor. I know it's uncalled for but wtf.
Even just accidentally bump into the guy and knock his phone in the lake. Oops! My bad! Too bad you didn't have a leader on that we could have fished it out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum