FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Today at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

042014 fishing the pud

+5
dosomedirt
bayfishingjunkie
Yellowrock
Jerdon
kin
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1042014 fishing the pud Empty 042014 fishing the pud Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:08 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hit up the pud from 11 to 2 today. Place was packed! Took out the tube and did my thing in sailboat cove. Saw three yakkers and a few tubers doing their bass thing. I geared up and quickly got into the water. Talked to a few of them and it sounded like a really tough bite. No one caught anything. We all tossed jigs, cranks, spinnerbaits, Texas rigs, drop shots, senkos everything for nothing. Water was a bit murky and some shad were around. I tossed everything I had and didn't get bit until the end. Caught a few off a wacky rigged senko, fished next to wood. Wish I figured that pattern out earlier so I could've cut down on wasted casts. All fish were about 2lbs.
Funny story...I was fishing a reed line really tightly (I mean, I was parked right next to the reeds) to fish the pockets inside. I didn't get bit so I was going to move. I twitched my fin and all of a sudden I hear a loud splash and something whacked my arm. Looking over, I see a bass going back into the water. Scared the daylights out of me, but I had a good chuckle. Pics to come later. Don't want to deal with trying to upload them from the phone.

**pics added:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by kin on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pics added)

2042014 fishing the pud Empty Re: 042014 fishing the pud Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Good job beating the skunk!
Bass Attack had to be fun too.

3042014 fishing the pud Empty Re: 042014 fishing the pud Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:59 am

Awesome job figuring those Fish out , even if it was at the very end  Thumbs Up 

The bass attacks are funny , It has been happening to myself over the years and it did again yesterday at Lake Perris , I got the bruise on my calf to prove it  lol!  sucker shot like a torpedo at my leg .. it is usually the males when your going over a bed in very shallow water , but yesterday I was in 15ft of water and they still got me ..

There Angry !!!!

4042014 fishing the pud Empty Re: 042014 fishing the pud Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:15 am

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Can't believe that stuff really happens to Tubers. I thought that sort of thing only happens to Jeremy Wade somewhere in the Amazon.
Next time have a net in hand and roll over the spawning ground and wait for the action.  Very Happy 

5042014 fishing the pud Empty Re: 042014 fishing the pud Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:51 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Good job at the pudd that's been my home lake for decades now . This year never got going the way I like it to over there I was smashing the 5 to 7 pound fish for about a week in early march but the late season winter storm we had killed that bite.. about a month ago I hit pudd again and the east end was stuffed with shad. Like you said though the water has been less than clear this year which holds true at most of our local lakes..

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

6042014 fishing the pud Empty Re: 042014 fishing the pud Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:09 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I wanted to check out the water on the east side of the lake to see if it was less murky, but seeing how the sheriffs were blocking the entrance back into the park, I decided not to. I'm just happy I managed to scratch out a few fish after the cove had been pounded so hard by so many others!
I forgot to mention, I found a lure hung up on some branches too. Anyone lose a xr 12 in trout pattern? been in the water for a little bit as the hooks were a bit rusty.

7042014 fishing the pud Empty THE PUDD AKA (DUCK S**t POND) Mon May 26, 2014 10:28 pm

dosomedirt

dosomedirt
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I was wondering how the bite was there apparently if your in the right spot it's good fishing thanks for the info

8042014 fishing the pud Empty Re: 042014 fishing the pud Tue May 27, 2014 4:08 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

thanks for the report Kin, maybe some day I will run into you

9042014 fishing the pud Empty Re: 042014 fishing the pud Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:39 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Great work figuring out what those bass want.

Used to fish pudd all the time and was never disappointed.

Thanks for sharing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

10042014 fishing the pud Empty Re: 042014 fishing the pud Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:36 am

mightyminnow25

mightyminnow25
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Nice man. I've been in texas for the past month doing some insane bass fishing. Bass fishing here is excellent! About to fly back in a few hours - will probably hit pudd this wknd

11042014 fishing the pud Empty Re: 042014 fishing the pud Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:25 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great report man, thanks for sharing. Gotta hit that lake soon. Never been.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum