FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

question about waders

+3
BassHunter
Yellowrock
sonny
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1question about waders Empty question about waders Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:03 pm

sonny

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Alright, so I bought a wader without boots or shoes attach to it. Now im thinking about shoes or boots just incase I do a little surf fishing.
What are you guys using???
do I need boots or shoes if it has the stocking(iono what it is called, noobie alert!)

Thanks guys

2question about waders Empty Re: question about waders Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:56 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yes get the boots to protect the neoprene stocking foot. Bps has a boot that's about $30.00 is all u need for surf fishing (sand). If you're thinking about hitting streams or river with rocks then you're better get a boot with tougher soles.

3question about waders Empty Re: question about waders Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:51 am

sonny

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks yellowrock!

4question about waders Empty Re: question about waders Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:45 am

Always wear some type of boots when wearing your waders just to get to the water unless your surf fishing, stream fishing etc.

5question about waders Empty Re: question about waders Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:28 am

BassHunter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Bass Pro Shops has neoprene bootie with a hard sole, there only 29.99 perfect for what your talking about I actually just bought a pair for the same thing and there great do the job perfect and only $30, make sure you get a size bigger so the bootie on your waders can fit in there to, I'm a 11 1/2 in work boots and I got a size 13 they fit just right, hope this helps!

6question about waders Empty Re: question about waders Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:42 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yeah, as stated above, you need to wear something over your stocking foot waders to prevent tears and cuts. I wear the neoprene waders when I kayak and cheap ass tennis shoes when I tube. I use adjustable force fins and they fit right over the tennis shoes. Just remember to get a size or two larger to allow room for the waders.

7question about waders Empty Re: question about waders Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:20 am

sonny

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks for the tips guys! bounce 

8question about waders Empty Re: question about waders Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:01 am

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

when I have to wear waders when surf fishing, I go with Crocs, the off-road real trees.  Easy to get on and off, lightweight and protects the stocking feet well enough.  Me and my buddies have flat boots and fin booties but don't use them anymore.  My flat boot's zipper would get jammed with sand.  My buddy's Glacier Gloves would fill with sand or the velcro wouldn't hold tight.  In the Crocs, a little sand will get in but also gets out easily. I got them from BPS when they had a sale... <= $30.

side note.  One of my buddies had one strap break or come loose.  I think its fixable but haven't seen the damage myself.  It's been more than a year since he's had them but he hits the beach everyday before work either fishing or surfing (mostly fishing) and sometimes twice a day if it's good. So he put them through a workout.

9question about waders Empty Re: question about waders Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:25 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

go to wally world and get some water socks thats what i use and they work great and only about 10$

10question about waders Empty Re: question about waders Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:18 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
I have a special pair of waders I use for surf fishing. They are an inexpensive pair of "boot foot" breathables. One of the difficulties of using stocking foot waders in the surf is the constant abrading of the neoprene by sand that gets trapped between your stocking foot and your booties, wading boots, tennis shoes etc., etc., I ruined two pair of breathable stocking foots. The sand wore the neoprene until they began to leak in the toe and heal. The "boot foots" although a bit clunky, are virtually impervious to the sand, and eliminates the need for all the rest of the gear, much simpler. I like the Crocs idea (they weren't around when I was heavy into surf fishing) Believe me I tried my best to keep the sand out of my boots shoes and what not, but to no avail. So now I just use my boot foot clunkers.... LOL

At very least if you use wading boots or booties, a good snug fitting set of gravel guards can help...

bodfish

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum