FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where are they made?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where are they made? Empty Where are they made? Sat May 10, 2014 6:25 pm

Wilderness Lite

FTFF Gathering Officer

Anyone have info on where the various float tubes are made.....US vs imported, and if imported, from what country?

thanks

2Where are they made? Empty Re: Where are they made? Sat May 10, 2014 6:54 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Try googling each manufacturer. Cumberlands website says Kent, Washington.

3Where are they made? Empty Where are they made Sat May 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Wilderness Lite

FTFF Gathering Officer

They are manufactured in China.

Thank you,
Kristina

Customer/Warranty Support

Classic Accessories
22640 68th Ave South
Kent, WA 98032

4Where are they made? Empty Re: Where are they made? Fri May 16, 2014 5:19 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The only ones I know of that are made right here in the US of A is Bucks Bags, a few of the bigger Outcast, and North Fork Outdoors. The price is a dead giveaway.

5Where are they made? Empty Re: Where are they made? Fri May 16, 2014 6:30 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
the trick is distinguishing between "Made" and "Assembled". Although a product may be "assembled" here the components may be made else where. Also the difference may be, that the components and final product may be "made" here, but the raw materials may be foreign. It is a tough call. I have been a tried and true Buck's patron my whole life. I know they are "Made" here, (designed, the components made, and the product assembled,). As far as the raw materials I'm not sure. I'm going to shoot David Klein an e-mail and see if he can't clear this up. In any case I appreciate Buck's because they were one of the first and I think still one of the best manufacturers of inflatable fishing watercraft!

bodfish

6Where are they made? Empty Re: Where are they made? Fri May 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I agree, my first pontoon was an Alpine almost 20 years ago. It is still floating to this day. NFO is USA made and assembled. Accessories like side bags, seats, may not be.

7Where are they made? Empty Re: Where are they made? Mon May 19, 2014 10:57 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Guys,
I sent this mail to David Klein at Bucks Bags, regarding "made in America"

Hey Dave
I just posted this on the FTFF forum page. can you clear this up for me? the question was regarding "made in America float tubes and toons."

Hey Dave
I just posted this on the FTFF forum page. can you clear this up for me? the question was regarding "float tubes and toons made in America'

Hey guys,
the trick is distinguishing between "Made" and "Assembled". Although a product may be "assembled" here the components may be made else where. Also the difference may be, that the components and final product may be "made" here, but the raw materials may be foreign. It is a tough call. I have been a tried and true Buck's patron my whole life. I know they are "Made" here, (designed, the components made, and the product assembled,). As far as the raw materials I'm not sure. I'm going to shoot David Klein an e-mail and see if he can't clear this up. In any case I appreciate Buck's because they were one of the first and I think still one of the best manufacturers of inflatable fishing watercraft!

bodfish

And here is his response,

Steve,
Thanks for the e-mail and there are no easy cut and dry answers to your question.  For example, the bladders are made from polyurethane that is made in the US but the covers are made from PVC coated fabric that is made in Korea.  Almost impossible and very cost prohibitive to get US made fabric anymore.  It is just not being done.  Also, the steel is from the US, but certain other components like the molded seat, oars etc. are made overseas.  We do all the assembly here.  Even if we wanted to do everything here with 100% US components, I don’t think it would be possible and the boats would have to sell for double what they do.  Unfortunately, this is where things are as a country.  Some of the stuff from overseas is good and some is crap……it all depends on the importing company and their standards.  I hope this helps.

Dave

So as I suspected, like most American companies, Buck's is trying to compete on the world market and still maintain some national integrity. a tough row to hoe. I applaud their effort and support their products for it.

bodfish

8Where are they made? Empty Re: Where are they made? Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I agree. As I mentioned, I am aware that the side bags, seats, and other accessories are Asian made.
BUT, you got to ask yourself. If being USA made is that big of an issue, why are you still paying top dollar for these boats when they went overseas to save money. Is this savings passed on? I am guessing no. BUT, it is all moot point as the quality is still very much there.
That is interesting news however. NFO are USA made bladderless toons and Aluminum frame. Oars are Carlisle or Sayer so where ever they come from.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum