FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:23 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Well here is my video report of lake Gregory $500,000.00 derby. I got there early in the morning about 5:30am and the air was chill. So I pre-paid for our tickets online so that my wife and I where in the water by 7:00am start of the derby, WRONG! Evil or Very Mad the people that where paying there and then were getting it done way faster than everyone that had paid online. By the time my wife and I got out wristbands and our float tubes inspected and where in the water it was 8:20am Mad They need to be more organized. I ran into dosomedirt and his friend Augie and a lot guys out there that I seen at other lakes as well. As for the derby all I have to say is never again will I enter their derby's, I will go out there and float tube it but no more derby's after seeing that they have a holding net for the fish I think that is a bull! There where guys catching old different color tagged fish hummmm scratch  I find that weird, anyways the day was nice I cant say the fishing was great cuss I caught only 1 catfish on a mice tail and sooo many short bites, as for my wife..... yea she out fished me black eye she had a blast Very Happy she hooked up 3rainbows 2crappies 1brown and she had 2 monster fights and lost them and sooo+ooo many short bites as well.

2LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:04 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Sucks to hear u try to pay online so it goes quicker and it doesnt! WTG to ur wife....sounds like she mashed.....and way to stick it out and catch that catfish!!

3LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:48 pm

cool little video you made there. That lake can be tuff to fish at times. I have fished a few times. On the back of the lake there is a little cove that holds crappie. I have caught more crappie at that lake than trout lol.

4LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great video thanks for posting.
Looks like you wife was having a good time.

5LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:55 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:Sucks to hear u try to pay online so it goes quicker and it doesnt! WTG to ur wife....sounds like she mashed.....and way to stick it out and catch that catfish!!

Thanks Fishingdachronarch201E, well I guess that catfish saved me from getting skunked and as for my wife, it was cool to watch her in action. Those trout are her first on the float tube and she is blown out by it. Looks like my trout season just got more interesting lol!

6LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:05 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

miller wrote:cool little video you made there. That lake can be tuff to fish at times. I have fished a few times. On the back of the lake there is a little cove that holds crappie. I have caught more crappie at that lake than trout lol.

Thanks miller, and as for the lake being tuff, yes it was and not that many people where hooking up. Once I was out of the water people were asking me and my wife where did we catch them fish at? cuss no one on the shore was catching fish so I was told by many.

7LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:07 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Jerdon wrote:Great video thanks for posting.
Looks like you wife was having a good time.

Thanks Jerdon, and as for my wife.. yea she was having a blast out fishing me Very Happy

8LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:26 am

Pacifico

Pacifico
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey FADB,
Great video as always!
Glad you two had a fun and landed a few trout. The catfish and crappie where a bonus for sure.
Looks like a nice lake to tube, we'll have to hit it up during trout season when the weather cools a bit.
What was the biggest trout you seen that day, just wondering if they stock beast?
The best part is that your wife landed her 1st brown trout, tell her congrats!
We'll fish again soon brotha!
Hey PM me if you know of a deal on a GoPro man I have to get one!!

9LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:06 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Pacifico wrote:Hey FADB,
 Great video as always!
Glad you two had a fun and landed a few trout. The catfish and crappie where a bonus for sure.
Looks like a nice lake to tube, we'll have to hit it up during trout season when the weather cools a bit.
What was the biggest trout you seen that day, just wondering if they stock beast?
The best part is that your wife landed her 1st brown trout, tell her congrats!
We'll fish again soon brotha!
Hey PM me if you know of a deal on a GoPro man I have to get one!!

Thanks Pacifico, well the biggest trout caught was a 4lb on a float tube. hey I'm on my way to work right now but yes I know of someone selling a gopro 3 silver edition and its new. I will ask him if he still has it and Ill pm you with the details.

10LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Sucks about the holding pens , I was wondering if they had those darn things . I know SARL had them and would only release a few fish here and few there .. Looks Like you all had a blast on the water and I wish they would have put up a video before the tourney of the stocking of this so called 50,000 trout lol!

Anyhow we should all get out there this trout season at some lake (Irvine , SARL) and give the trout Hell

WES

11LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:27 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Misfitdog wrote:Sucks about the holding pens , I was wondering if they had those darn things . I know SARL had them and would only release a few fish here and few there ..  Looks Like you all had a blast on the water and I wish they would have put up a video before the tourney of the stocking of this so called 50,000 trout lol!

Anyhow we should all get out there this trout season at some lake (Irvine , SARL) and give the trout Hell

WES

yea tell me about it WES but what can you do right? and I agree about the video, they should do what big bear does, they tag the biggest prize tag fish and drop it in the lake and they put it on video for all to see on youtube that way there is no doubt about that prize money. Sounds good about getting together to give the trout some hell, I would say Irvine or we can all vote on it.

12LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:35 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

cool report bro. sounds like they need to think about organizing a little better. I fished that couple years ago.

13LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Empty Re: LAKE GREGORY $50,000.00 DERBY Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:51 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Aquaholic38 wrote:cool report bro. sounds like they need to think about organizing a little better. I fished that couple years ago.

Thanks Aquaholic38, I plan to go out there again, its a nice place to go to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum