FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Today at 7:08 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» Umbrella rig
by BigMaxFloats Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by Troutbum Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by jeffcpr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

» I think I am obsessed.
by Jerdon Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in The FTFF Gathering Feb 17th
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Stellar day today! 2/23/24
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

let me introduce myself

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1let me introduce myself Empty let me introduce myself Fri May 13, 2011 10:22 pm

CharlaineC

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hello all I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Charlaine I hail from Riverside Rhode Island and am somewhere in my 30's. Having spent most of my adult life as a soldier I am finally home for good and being disabled,I have a large amount of idle time on my hands. I'm and Avid Fly Fisher and Fly tier as well as model rocketry and many other hobbies. I spend much pf my days fishing in the middle of a pond where i do not need to deal with people up close, this is done in a Browning Aggressor Float tube, witch is sadly dieing from poor construction. Though I do have the skills to repair it if i can get the fabric.
I worked in the law enforcement field as well as the field of I.T and computer repair for most of my military and nonmilitary life.
I will try my best to not ask to many dumb questions but I will try to ask questions that will help others to come in time.
Thank you all for your time and this great site.

2let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Fri May 13, 2011 10:36 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome a float i am ed i started tubing in feburary and been trying to get in the water when ever i can i love it and everyone here is pretty darn cool they help me with a lot of tech question and fun stuff. the first time i when out there were 6 floater and 4 guy on shore fish i felt safe and i know if i need anything they would point and laugh and then help lol no everyone is cool
i hope you like here
ed

3let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 3:42 am

Dano67

Dano67

Welcome,

I also tie and fly fish but since joining the site I have been steered from the true path of fishing and have been chucking bait with the rest of these ruffians Rolling Eyes Look forward to talking to you!!

Dano

4let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 7:05 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome from Rhode Island and thank you for your service. Sorry you had so many problems with your first float tube. I wish you luck with your next tube, and please ask all the questions you want.
Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 7:31 am

Welcome to this site! Thank you for your services that you have provided for our Country! Always much appreciated and not forgotten by any of us! Post up reports and just get into the threads and check out all the madness!

LC

6let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 9:58 am

CharlaineC

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thank you everyone. my next tube will be the trout unlimite gallion I thing is what its called jeff has it. but my old tube is going to be my pet project though

7let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 12:23 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I got your e-mail I don't think I have any papers on the tube sorry, I am sure it will work well for you.

8let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 1:19 pm

CharlaineC

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

thanks jeff i most likely will pick your brain about its setup. i dont use fins so i am wondering how it will handle the oars wish i could find oar locks for it

9let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 4:36 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Not sure how to work it with Oar's but I am sure it will work were there is a will there is a way right.

10let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 5:18 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What about a motor i use the sea doo scooter Very Happy

11let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 6:43 pm

CharlaineC

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

ed i was thinking the same thing found one on craig's list for 50 but how hard is it to control in the tube

12let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 9:30 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

CharlaineC wrote:ed i was thinking the same thing found one on craig's list for 50 but how hard is it to control in the tube

well it is something you have to get used to i use it a lot but i have my flipper to . it does seem to move fast and more control with my feet up and if i am towing someone,the person acts like a kite when you add a tale to it and it keeps me straight for longer time. by myself it a little tricky but i am all over the harbors check everyone out and what they are doing sometime i am just cruising around cause it fun (maybe i should pay more attention to fishing lol)
if you have any question just ask and i will help out as much as possible
p.s. foregive my spelling and typing

13let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 9:40 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

just notice your tube my is u shape and i hold it down between my legs like if i was hiking a football i dont no if there is room on the round type to do that from inside the tube . thats how my son flipped today by reaching over the support bar and his weight flipped the tube over his the back of his head he let go and i told him to swim to me and i was there in second to lift him back into the tube thank god i was quick he was scared afterards but everything is fine and he will try again on a hotter day were he is dont in waders lol

14let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 9:52 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

here are some picture i hound i hope it help you the middle picture mount right to the back of the round tube and the U-shape tube

15let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 9:54 pm

CharlaineC

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

with the aggressor theirs plenty of room and its plenty stable leaning over it as well. i wonder is the scooter can be mounted to some sort of bracket system. hmmm have to get one first.

ed that's what I'm thinking of doing after i get my disability. its 125 for the mount setup and if I'm lucky 150 for the trolling motor and not sure for the deep cell battery

16let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 10:04 pm

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

hi charlaine!
thank you for your service!
hope you have a lot of fun hanging out here.
these guys have abunch of fun!
they are SUPER informative.
you can get fashion tips from dano a.k.a. "captn' spandex"
and they even have a thread going with diet tips!
all in all a well "rounded" bunch of bobbers!
lol!
(including me! the well rounded part that is!)

Last edited by smith's handpoured baits on Sat May 14, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : been up since 2;45 a.m.)

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

17let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 10:09 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

well i was going to mount it some how to my tube but then i might have to register it lol

18let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 10:21 pm

CharlaineC

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i was thinking like a grip that could attach to the stabilizer bar like a trolling motor but not be perminate just when youre out in the pond or lake. or a means to attach it to your knees and have a grip or something to activate it

Last edited by CharlaineC on Fri May 27, 2011 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

19let me introduce myself Empty Re: let me introduce myself Sat May 14, 2011 10:21 pm

CharlaineC

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

thanks smith i'm learning that myself

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum