FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you store your soft plastics?

+3
kin
Vagabond
Chomps
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How do you store your soft plastics? Empty How do you store your soft plastics? Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:31 pm

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm just wondering how do you guys store your soft plastic baits? I'm sitting at my desk trying to organize my baits. I'm trying to decide if I should keep my baits in the original package and then store it in the big Plano box or just take the baits out the package and then store it in the box.

2How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Some times the chemicals in plastics will melt, soften or distort storage/tackle boxes. Also the bags they come in have been known to leak around the zipper seal. For me I found it best to just put all my plastics in new ziplock storage bags and then put them in what ever it is I plan to keep them in. The only plastics I don't do this with are small grubs or mini jigs, those I just put in small divided containers and they seem to do fine.

3How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:05 pm

That depends on what type of baits your talking about. All my swimbaits are stored in Plano box by color. Never mix them as they can and will bleed.
Other baits, worms crawls etc and I just keep in the package and grab what I need for where I'm going.

4How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:07 pm

X2 never store plastic with hard baits. They will melt. I forgot and got a hard reminder lol

5How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:22 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:X2 never store plastic with hard baits. They will melt. I forgot and got a hard reminder lol

X3 I left a senko in my box of xraps, looked like I took a heat iron to them.
Anyone ever have their baits get the funky smell, like nail polish? I had a bag but tossed it.

6How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It's for my senkos and robo worms I had a bunch of bags with just 2 or 3 in them. @miller I learned my lesson with putting z man plastics with regular soft plastics in a box it melted everything lol

7How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 pm

If it's for your senkos and robo worms just add it to the other bags as longs as they are the same color or you can always make a tray of worms that you use all the time. I'm sure you'll be fine that way

8How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 pm

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I'm the kind of angler that likes to keep everything in one clusterbomb so I'll usually dump everything in one container. One of my old glasses cases is what I usually use. I'll never mix Zman plastics or any bright color plastics with natural or lighter color plastics for obvious reasons.

9How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:21 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

x4 what Miller said. also found out the hard way lol

10How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:15 pm

X5 what miller Said ... I keep my plastics sorted in there individual ziplock bags then I place all those in a bigger ziplock bag and have never had a issue and it stores smaller . I only carry what I know works .. Senkos , Robos and only certain colors . since like 100% of my fishing is in freshwater.

Wes

11How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:31 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

My swimbaits and grubs are stored in plano boxes by size and color. By that I mean 3 inch baits in small plano boxes, 5 inch baits in medium plano boxes, and bigger baits in large plano boxes. Plastic worms stay in their bags and individual bags go in a large Ziploc bag.
Just an fyi, a friend of mine is a pro staffer for Zman and he said Zman is made of a totally different kind of plastic. Never mix Zman plastics with regular plastic baits because they will melt them.

12How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:51 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I do the ziplock bag thing.it helps me keep them in order. I also only try to bring only the colors i know i will be using.

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

13How do you store your soft plastics? Empty Re: How do you store your soft plastics? Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:04 pm

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks guys I ended up putting similar colors together in a zip and into the big Plano box

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum