FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Pablosparky Today at 10:11 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Pablosparky Today at 9:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Today at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Creek Co ODC420 Review

+3
Ifishtoolittle
jeffcpr
VegasFishing
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty My Creek Co ODC420 Review Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:10 am

VegasFishing

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi guys, after using the CC ODC420 for the 2014 season I thought I'd post a review of it to help others who may be interested in buying a new tube. Overall, I am very happy with the tube. The divided pockets were the deciding factor for me over other brands. It is well made and relatively lightweight at 12lbs fully inflated. The external valves were a nice improvement. The only downside to the tube, as others have stated, is the seat and backrest foam needing readjusting after a long period on the water. I did make a PVC frame for the seat which solved the seat issue though. Here's my youtube review of the tube. Hope it helps!

*Thanks to Ifishtoolittle for the seat mod idea!*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by VegasFishing on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total

2My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Re: My Creek Co ODC420 Review Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:28 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Great review VegasFishing, I have the ODC 420, it was a great tube I use the Cumberland now but I agree that the CC ODC 420 is a top quality tube. I really like the new valve system that they are using now. The one that i have has the valves in the side pockets, not the best idea fro placement. So with there new placement and there new valves, they have made for a great improvement. Thanks for sharing your video, hope to see some reports from your trips soon.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Re: My Creek Co ODC420 Review Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:27 pm

Thanks for the Review on the new style ODC420 Thumbs Up , As A Retired ODC420 owner myself I can say that the pockets where a selling point to me as well . But that became a issue not only for me , but many others as well . The pockets where poorly Stitched , thus resulting in the seems of the pockets coming apart. It Disappoints me to see that they did not address the seat and backrest issue as well.

I can say this , I love that they took the valves out of the pockets and that you are enjoying the tube . I wish you well on the water and I hope you have better luck then I did ,as my ODC420 did not last 1 season lol! luckily i bought it when it was on sale for $150

Wes

4My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Re: My Creek Co ODC420 Review Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:10 am

VegasFishing

FTFF Gathering Officer

Yeah, I've read about the stitching around the pockets. Knowing that, I try not to overfill the pockets to the point where they stretch. I also try not to rip open the zippers getting into the pockets. So far so good, one season down...

5My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Re: My Creek Co ODC420 Review Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:15 pm

VegasFishing wrote:Yeah, I've read about the stitching around the pockets. Knowing that, I try not to overfill the pockets to the point where they stretch. I also try not to rip open the zippers getting into the pockets. So far so good, one season down...

Totally understand , but Ironically the pocket that ripped was never over filled it held a small box with my FF batteries in it (8 AA ) Just bad luck on my part , then the larger pocket ripped at the zipper scratch and I had only 1 3600 box in each .

I still have the tube Stored away in the garage rafters now . Just holding it for something lol!

Wes

6My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Re: My Creek Co ODC420 Review Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:04 am

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Glad you used my mod idea.  It definitely helps the butt.  lol.  I'm surprised that you were able to fit the frame and the blocks, non-trimmed, into the seat pocket.  Before I shaved my blocks down it didn't seem like it'd be likely to fit everything into the pocket.

For the back rest I suggest using a square bucket, or any bucket really, to lean against.  You can also throw extra gear in there and mod the bucket to have rod holders as well.  Have fun with the tube.  It's the toughest tube I've ever come across.

7My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Re: My Creek Co ODC420 Review Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:33 pm

VegasFishing

FTFF Gathering Officer

ODC420 currently on sale for 149.99 on their website...

8My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Re: My Creek Co ODC420 Review Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:35 pm

VegasFishing

FTFF Gathering Officer

Ifishtoolittle wrote:Glad you used my mod idea.  It definitely helps the butt.  lol.  I'm surprised that you were able to fit the frame and the blocks, non-trimmed, into the seat pocket.  Before I shaved my blocks down it didn't seem like it'd be likely to fit everything into the pocket.

For the back rest I suggest using a square bucket, or any bucket really, to lean against.  You can also throw extra gear in there and mod the bucket to have rod holders as well.  Have fun with the tube.  It's the toughest tube I've ever come across.

Yeah, no trimming of the foam. The pontoons need to be mostly deflated in order to slide the frame in--blocks first, frame last. I bought a 15"x15" inflatable cushion to reinforce the foam seat back. Works pretty well, no more bending or sliding off the seat blocks. Cost $3.99 at Sportsman's Warehouse...

9My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Re: My Creek Co ODC420 Review Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:38 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thanks for the info all of this is great info thanks for sharing with us.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

10My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Pocket stitching issue Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:36 pm

nicelag

FTFF Gathering Officer

I went to Michaels and got some UV & water tolerable thread and re-stitched my pockets. The thread is a little heavier that what was on it. It has held up great. So for about $6 and 30 minutes it was well worth it.

11My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Re: My Creek Co ODC420 Review Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:51 am

Getarz

FTFF Gathering Officer

I've been using my ODC for three seasons now and am fairly happy with it. I'm in the minority however in liking the old style valves in the pockets and i'll tell you why. Many times I've sprung leaks in one of the bladders, and have been out on the water and had to re-inflate the bladders as I went along. I keep a small 10 inch piece of garden hose in the pocket to inflate the bladders if the water is colder than the air etc.....or I spring a leak !!........ I don't think I could do that with the newer style w/o being a contortionist !!!

I'm getting more and more leaks along the seams as time goes by however...... Sad

Last edited by Getarz on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

12My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Re: My Creek Co ODC420 Review Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great review VegasFishing !!
Glad your enjoying the tube!

13My Creek Co ODC420 Review Empty Re: My Creek Co ODC420 Review Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:55 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice review i love my odc 420, mike o and i both love them

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum