FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Thu May 09, 2024 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

helloo new to the site

+4
ed5000x
Tony G Fishing
Jerdon
jerry1
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1helloo new to the site  Empty helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:28 am

jerry1

FTFF Gathering Officer

just got my float tube was wondering if any one knew how far can u go u out on the newport jetty?

2helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:57 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum jerry1.
I can't help you as far as saltwater goes, but I'm sure someone else here will chime in.

3helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Welcome Jerry! and i tube newport regularly...umm you can actually go as far as you want What a Face ....but in reality, i wouldnt go past the mouth of the jetty, its gets pretty rough....plus the current is real strong there...

I got out every wednesday after work...launch at 5pm, but good luck any where you go, post some reports! Thumbs Up

Tony G

4helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:33 pm

jerry1

FTFF Gathering Officer

thanks are the coast guard all up in ur butt if u go past out ?

5helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:35 pm

jerry1

FTFF Gathering Officer

Fishingdachronarch201E how is the fishing in the afternoon?

6helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:52 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey Jerry,

Umm ive never ventured out past the mouth of the jetty so couldnt tell you...as for the evening fishing, its awesome, lots of fish to be caught...ive had some my best days at night... salute

7helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:46 pm

jerry1

FTFF Gathering Officer

Fishingdachronarch201E one more question are u really supposed to wear a life best or its up to u if u want to wear one or not?

8helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:53 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum and you just have to have Tue vest with you and the current is strong passing the mouth of the jetty I wouldn't do it

9helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:02 pm

jerry1

FTFF Gathering Officer

how do u guys keep warm in night fishing specially when the water is cold?

10helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:26 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

jerry1 welcome to the forum yes you just have to have your vest with you, but I strongly encourage you wear it. You never know what might happen and it is better to be safe then sorry. Also I agree with the above comments, I would not go past the mouth of the harbor. The current can be rough and you don't want to put yourself in a bad situation. I also strongly encourage you to head out with someone from the board that is willing to show you the ropes, it is a very easy activity, but hang with someone to learn the little in's and out's of saltwater tubing. Welcome jerry1 to the dark side, keep it safe and see you on the water soon.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

11helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:51 pm

jerry1

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks jeffcpr ive been skiff fishing and also fished in the rocks in balboa but it will be my very first time on a tube im excited and cant wait to use it for the first time

12helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:21 pm

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome! Nph is way fun in a tube! I've almost been dragged out of the harbor by some wicked current. I was retieing and I didn't pay attention. Luckily I was able to kick my way by the rocks where the current isn't as strong. Close call =) The afternoon bite is pretty good. Especially at croaker alley huh tony?! Very Happy

13helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:23 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

SirMixALot wrote:Welcome! Nph is way fun in a tube! I've almost been dragged out of the harbor by some wicked current. I was retieing and I didn't pay attention. Luckily I was able to kick my way by the rocks where the current isn't as strong. Close call =) The afternoon bite is pretty good. Especially at croaker alley huh tony?! Very Happy

Croaker alley!!! Thumbs Up

14helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:25 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

As for the vest...I have mine on at all time....dont need any surprises salute I highly recommend it.....

15helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:51 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Welcome to the forum jerry1

16helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:17 am

rusty hook

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I always wear a vest know after those boys died at a local lake after being run over by a boat. Just go to youtube and see some float tube near accidents. I got a great light weight vest from bass pro shop for about 30 bucks and it is great! It keeps me warm, has zip up pockets for my keys, phone and wallet. Best buy out there. Never leave home without it.

17helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:44 am

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Don't mean to thread jack but jerry1 might wanna know this too. Do you have the model number/style of the vest? I need to upgrade from the orange bargain one I have. Thanks

18helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:15 pm

jerry1

FTFF Gathering Officer

wheres croaker alley @

19helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:17 pm

jerry1

FTFF Gathering Officer

not at all sirmixalot would also like to know

20helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:21 pm

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Croaker alley is a spot by the bridge fishingdacronarch nicknamed after he couldn't keep em off his hook =)

21helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:26 pm

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Tony, a couple of his buddies, and I are gonna hit nph tomorrow after work if you wanna come with

22helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:33 pm

jerry1

FTFF Gathering Officer

im off at 5 from work though?

23helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:12 pm

rusty hook

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

$34.99 read the reviews, I got mine when it was on sell. You don't know your wearing it at all its so comfortable.

24helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:01 pm

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

We don't go too far from the launch site so if you hit me or tony up we'll wait up for you or let you know where we are.
Thanks rh. I'll check that bad boy out.

25helloo new to the site  Empty Re: helloo new to the site Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:33 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Indeed jerry will b out there tomorrow...come on out....shoukd b 4 of us...the more the merrier...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum