FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

First time using a tube today.... And did I learn a lot!

+4
Jerdon
bigfish
jeffcpr
Nvkent
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nvkent

Nvkent
FTFF Gathering Officer

today was my maiden voyage in my new tube. Also my first time using a tube...and I definitely learned some things.

1. "Thinking" where things goes is NOT where it should go once you're on the water.(apparently sitting in your tube in the living room isnt t the same)

2. Remember that it's easier to walk backwards wearing your flippers when going out or in(wet sleeves and wife laughing at my fall to prove it)

3. Leash things you don't want to loose or carry a spare or two of "handy items"(good bye foreceps)

4. Don't drink a bunch of coffee on your way there. Especially if you have the bladder of a pregnant woman( did help me get use to getting in/out of the water and tube)

5. The wind will always blow you the opposite of where the fish are smashing damsel nymph's(did use the small portable anchor I bought at a garage sale...take that wind!)

6. Things you don't want wet, will get wet.

Most important thing I learned today?!?!

7....it is AWESOME to fish from a tube!!!

I cannot wait to get back out there as soon as I can!!!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Very glad you had a fun first trip. Thanks for sharing your lost with us we have all been there before, any fish caught.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It's definitely a different fishing experience in a Float Tube. Much of it must be learned first hand through experience.

Glad you had a great time.

I got a good laugh early one morning when the wife wondered and asked me why I wasn't having my morning coffee. She had a perplexed look on her face as I began to describe my waders to her. I should've taken a picture when she finally made the coffee connection.

Thanks for sharing your first tube experience.

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Congratz on the maiden voyage!

I have dropped everything from the tube at onetime or another.
I don't put on my fins until I an in the water sitting in my tube.
It is truly sad when you figure out why coffee is the enemy. Sad
Leash everything you hope to bring back, and prepare your mind for the dropped stuff.

Fighting fish from the tube is the most fun way.

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Awesome report back....congrats on the first of many trips!!! great tips for newcomers as well.

thanks

Tony G Fishing

Nvkent

Nvkent
FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks!  I was able to catch and release 6.  2 over 23".  Getting pulled around on a tube is awesome!  Feels like you have a whale on the other end!  No pictures tho...smart enough to keep the camera in the truck on my first time.  

Mscustomflies

Mscustomflies
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Way to go, I use my Sony Ericsson phone for taking photos as it's waterproof, I then use a clip to attach it to a large foam doughnut that will float the phone should the worst happen. The doughnut is bright yellow as to be visible if your not able to instantly retrieve it.

Found a good link on amazon for leashes I'll see if I can find it again and post it up

Mscustomflies

Mscustomflies
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

[url]5pcs Retractable Fishing Lanyard Coiled Tether Secure Tackle Tools - Silver [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Coffee..That's another reason I don't like to wear waders.. Also.. good quality ziplock plastic bags are great for keeping your phone and camera in. In the warmer months, like now, bring a couple 16 oz. bottles of water with you. Put them in a zippered pocket of your 'tube. I freeze one so it will be good and cold as it defrosts. You want to stay hydrated while out in the summer heat. Sometimes I'll bring a cloth to dip in the lake and drape over my head to cool off. It gets hot here in Southern California!

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nvkent.. You still with us? Did you read my suggestions? Hate it when I give out advice and get no thanks.. Oh well

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think its a age thing Komori...........we elders, I'm speaking for myself, look at things differently than the younger generation. Its OK Bro, wisdom is never wasted.........GT

Glad u had a positive experience with your fist outing........ya and the advise is all good here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum