FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Outcast Prowler project.

+4
jeffcpr
Jerdon
SP Dan
mthaubs
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty My Outcast Prowler project. Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:08 am

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I bought my float tube 4 or 5 years ago and decided to pull it out and start using it. I searched for around two weeks on the internet to get idea's on how to incorporate a pole and fish finder holder that looks good and works well. I liked fishing babe's lap board. I am going to tweak mine this week with lexan or corrugated plastic attached with Velcro. I tried my project out last month on Bridgeport lake and it works well. I hope you all like it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by mthaubs on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

2My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:29 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Nice ride Mike.  Thumbs Up
Before you purchase a FF, look into the Deeper Pro+ FF.

I presently own it and luv it!
It cost me $220 on eBay. No batteries, no cables, no straps, no mounts and it weighs practically nothing. Uses a USB port to re-charge and stays charged for 6-hrs of continuous running.
It wi-fi connects directly to your smart phone and it does just about everything that the heavy boat FF's do.

I use a cord to float it next to me (yes it floats) and when I lift it out of the water it turns off the sonar but it will continue to track your route and save all of your sessions in it's History.

It weighs 3.6 oz, compared to 8-10-lbs of extra weight.

PM me and I'll have you come over to San Pedro to check it out, if you'd be interested.

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:14 am; edited 2 times in total

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

3My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:11 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Nice set up Mike.
I always liked the Prowler. What is this "fishing babe's lapboard" you referred to?

4My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:31 pm

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I was reading in the forums about the net that goes across your lap. She used a rubbermaid lid and a few bungie cords to secure it for a better place to lay the fish and hooks and sinkers.

5My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:41 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Yes they work really well.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:30 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Nice ride, thanks for posting!

7My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:35 pm

singletrack

singletrack
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I like you build a lot. Its funny because I was just talking to SP Dan about the Prowler. It looks awesome on paper. Can you give any review about likes and dislikes? I am thinking that's my next float tube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPxZQaZknKgs79MOETz5frQ

8My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:59 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

singletrack wrote:I like you build a lot.  Its funny because I was just talking to SP Dan about the Prowler.  It looks awesome on paper.  Can you give any review about likes and dislikes?  I am thinking that's my next float tube.

X2
Can you tell how much storage is in those removable cargo pockets?

9My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:17 pm

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I love the pockets. I can take them off and keep my stuff in them when I am fishing for multiple days. The pockets are like 6 wide by at least 24. If you would like to see the tube. Just Pm me and I will be glad to make a meet with you. Or you are welcome to cruze over to South Gate. I also have a Fat cat 4 XL I am designing a rod holder platform for this month. I do like that this thing folds up very tight and holds over 300 pounds. I do not get my knees wet at all. I weigh only 205 on a good day. So it sits real high in the water. It has no foam in the construction It has 3 separate air chambers. It has lots of room for storage in the back also has a water bladder in the back of the seat.Very Happy I am 6' 2" and it fits me like a glove. Again this is my first tube. But I asked lots of people and researched for a bit before I bought this one. I think it is a keeper. I just need to tweak a few things on it. IE Lap board. Wink

10My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:41 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Sounds like you really like what you have, I really do like it as well. I think the big thing is when it works and fits you right what is the point of trying to change things up. Post some more pictures when you get a chance we would like to see you Mods when they are done.

11My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:24 am

theSingaporeAngler

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi, I am new to this tubing and I noted many setting up pvc frames such as yours. May I know are these DIY or are they readily available in the market?
If DIY, how did you fix the rod holders?

mthaubs wrote:I bought my float tube 4 or 5 years ago and decided to pull it out and start using it. I searched for around two weeks on the internet to get idea's on how to incorporate a pole and fish finder holder that looks good and works well. I liked fishing babe's lap board. I am going to tweak mine this week with lexan or corrugated plastic attached with Velcro. I tried my project out last month on Bridgeport lake and it works well. I hope you all like it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:10 am

Slimfisherman

Slimfisherman
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Very nice! How do you like that tube? Might upgrade this year. I've been eyeing that one.

13My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:08 pm

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Very much so. I have been tinkering with it more this year. I have changed out the FF and adding a Go Pro stick. I love that the storage bags can be removed so you don't have to empty and restock them every trip. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:27 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

This is all great information thanks so much for sharing.

15My Outcast Prowler project.  Empty Re: My Outcast Prowler project. Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:51 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Sweet Looking set-up!

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum