FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Today at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Today at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Veterans Day Mission At LAH 11-11-2018

+2
Alakai
SP Dan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SP Dan

SP Dan

Solo Veteran's Day Session today Sun 11-11-2018.
I'm pleased to report ... THAT MY MISSION WAS A SUCCESS!
 salute

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I always like to take a few minutes before each session to calm my thoughts and to remember to give thanks; for being so BLESSED to have my health and for the opportunity of being able to be here ... enjoying the water, all of it's abundance and this breath taking sun rise on this morning .... amen

The bite at LAH kinda started off weird with 2 lizard fish right from my launch site (good or bad omen?? Shocked ??) but thank goodness the bite improved by 07:00 hrs. (3) three different times I got double hook-ups ...SWEET!! I fished all my known spots for a pretty good fish count but the problem was ... I didn't have any Calico's for my Bass Trifecta to cap off my day ... so I decided to kick an additional 1/2 mile to a spot that I know of that will give up Calico's on almost every drop. I arrived to the kelp bed a bit late in my session with hopes ... the Calico ended up being very cooperative, hungry and were aggressively attacking each of my baits on the drop or the retrieve. If one Calico would let go or short bite, another would pick it up! SWEET!! I had approx a 3/4 mile kick back to my launch and I had probably picked up an additional 7-8 fish on the way back toward my launch site.
It was a good day.  Very Happy

I did meet one-other Float Tuber out there this morning when I was kicking back to my launch site, other than him, I had the entire bay to my self!   Very Happy

Duration: 06:30 hrs until 11:30 hrs (5 hrs)
Sun Rise: 06:21 hrs,
Sun Set: 16:52 hrs, the days are still getting shorter and shorter as each new day arrives.
Gray Light: 05:45 hrs.  
Tidal Conditions: 06:00 hrs 3.1 ft, 07:00 hrs 3.7 ft, 08:00 hrs 4.4 ft, 09:00 hrs 5.0 ft, 10:25 hrs HT 5.4 ft, 12:00 hrs 4.8 ft ... etc.
Air temperatures: Morning marine air, clear by 07:30 hrs with temps from 53 deg to 70 deg.
Water temperatures:  63 deg
Wind: 06:00 hrs 2 mph SSE, 11:00 hrs 2 mph S.
Water clarity: Murky green
Large Leaf Kelp Beds: spread out, patchy and healthy
Water Visibility: 3 - 4 ft
Tidal Coefficient: (CE) 65 in the morning, this is an average rate.
iSolunar Prediction: Minor Period: 10:05 hrs until 11:05 hrs.
(3 out of 4 possible) <"))>< <"))>< <"))>< <"))><
Sea Dogs: 2 to report
Dolphin: 3 to report
And they got closer and more curious!  Shocked
Bait Presence: Massive amounts of 1" to 4" shiners with schools of Greenback Mackerel breaking the water in chase of the smaller bait fish!
Distance kicked: 2.31 miles.
Calories Burnt: 778 calories if I had been walking, so I figure approx 800 calories were burnt while kicking for 3-hours.

Tackle Used: 1/4oz Sardine Green/Silver and Mint,  3/8oz Glow Green, Sardine Green/Silver and Mint colored HUB's

My fish count this morning: 45-fish , 6-species, the "Bass Trifecta" and a couple of legals to report today.

(2) Lizard fish

(2) Mackerel, best 10 1/2"

(13) Calico, best 14",

(16) Sandy's, best 14"
This next Sandy was short but soo close that I had to show it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(11) short Spotty's, best 11"

(1) short Halibut 11 1/2"

Note: All legals shown, but just one pic of each species landed if short and all fish were quickly CPR'd.

Today's contribution towards protecting our fisheries.
Yes ... I walk the walk ...

Thank you for taking the time to check out today's fish report!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

What an amazing report! Another strange fish I had not seen before. I just keep imagining me pulling one of those things and shudder. 45 fish! Amazing. Question, are the "shiners" the baitfish we see under ourselves now and again? Trying to figure out what they look like

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Great report as usual thanks for sharing Happy Veterans day and again thanks for your service and all those that served. That first picture and young SP Dan was a good shot so young and full of life. To this day still full of life as well.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

corvina

FTFF Gathering Officer

I'm new to this forum. I usually fish LAB, NPH and HH in this area as I live on Long Beach but have never fished LAH. Where do you launch from?

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

corvina wrote:I'm new to this forum. I usually fish LAB, NPH and HH in this area as I live on Long Beach but have never fished LAH. Where do you launch from?

Welcome! I fish HH and LAB, hope to meet up with you sometime. SPDan is surely the king of LAH, never been there myself either

KrazyFish

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thank you for your service in the USMC during a very pivotal time in our country's collective spirit.

Serving God, family, fellowman and country are the most noble of pursuits!

God Bless and good fishing.

SP Dan

SP Dan

Alakai wrote:What an amazing report! Another strange fish I had not seen before. I just keep imagining me pulling one of those things and shudder. 45 fish! Amazing. Question, are the "shiners" the baitfish we see under ourselves now and again? Trying to figure out what they look like

Yes ... the shiners are the schooling fish fry or fingerlings. Each species of fish will group up (or ball) for their protection in numbers.
Eventually you will land many fish that cough up their eaten fish onto your tray ... take the time to examine them closely.

Thank you for your kind reply to my fish report! Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <"))><

SP Dan

SP Dan

SP Dan wrote:
Alakai wrote:What an amazing report! Another strange fish I had not seen before. I just keep imagining me pulling one of those things and shudder. 45 fish! Amazing. Question, are the "shiners" the baitfish we see under ourselves now and again? Trying to figure out what they look like

Yes ... the shiners are the schooling fish fry or fingerlings. Each species of fish will group up (or ball) for their protection in numbers.
Eventually you will land many fish that cough up their whole fish meal onto your tray ... take the time to examine them closely.
I'm certain that some of your landed fish have already coughed up clam shells, worms and or partially digested meals so far ... correct? It happens all the time.

SP Dan     <"))><

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

SP Dan wrote:
SP Dan wrote:

Eventually you will land many fish that cough up their whole fish meal onto your tray ... take the time to examine them closely.

I have seen some partially digested some stuff and some clams and what not but trying to see what those little bait fish look like. I want to throw like a little net or something and catch some. Would be interested in copying their look in a tube.

Keep in mind, I catch like 3-5 fish an outing. I don't see nearly the volume you do. Some day though.
I'm certain that some of your landed fish have already coughed up clam shells, worms and or partially digested meals so far ... correct? It happens all the time.

SP Dan     <"))><

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

45 fish is an epic day.
Those dophins look cool till they get too close, then they look intimidating.

Thanks for sharing

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:45 fish is an epic day.
Those dophins look cool till they get too close, then they look intimidating.

Thanks for sharing

Hi ya Jerdon,

I actually prefer Dolphin to seals any day of the week!
They keep seals and sharks away from me.
Anyways ... that's the voice of thought and of reason in my head. They for some reason  ...
make me feel safe.
I really don't trust the curiosity of a seal after five of them had messed with me one day and one of them had actually swam directly beneath me from behind me ... it was literally raising my fins up toward the water's surface on it's back as it nearly surfaced from beneath me and right in front of me .... Shocked FREAKED ME OUT!!! Where's my M-16!

THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TOUCH US ... Shocked  RIGHT!!??!! Ha ha ha!!

SP Dan     <"))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum