FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fish finder questions

+9
Alakai
TobyB
jeffcpr
Enrique
jplee3
Litefoot
Jerdon
SP Dan
562fly
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:31 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I bought my deeper pro+ for about $75 and tied it to my tube with a piece of leftover braid fishing line.

I use my phone on and off when I am curious about a location.

It recharges with a micro usb cord and honestly if you don't have one of those in this day and age, I would be surprised but you can get them at the dollar tree.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

27Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:37 am

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Alakai wrote:I bought my deeper pro+ for about $75 and tied it to my tube with a piece of leftover braid fishing line.

It recharges with a micro usb cord and honestly if you don't have one of those in this day and age, I would be surprised but you can get them at the dollar tree.

Did you get it off Ebay or Craigslist?

28Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:41 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Side note and thought. You asked about costing, I provided that but it occurred to me that for me that while the cost is very important the ease and portability far outweighs the difference imo.

I will second Dan and say that, The deeper pro+ is literally a tennis ball that just floats along next to you or you can fasten it with a fancy curved contraption and stabilize it in the water. It goes in my pocket or float tube bag when I carry my stuff.

I am a skeptic when it comes to the need or utility of a fish finder in the harbors where we dwell, but hold enough of a belief that the cost is fine even for the smallest of advantages.

Some of those advantages? The deeper app also keeps track of locations, notes, pictures and tracks your route. It notes the weather and temps for you as well if you want and it's all on your phone. I know some people use a specific phone for them but I don't find the battery drain is much at all on the phone which I was very shocked about. Basically the same drain as any bluetooth device and then your own screen battery burn.

Good luck!

29Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:42 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jplee3 wrote:
Alakai wrote:I bought my deeper pro+ for about $75 and tied it to my tube with a piece of leftover braid fishing line.

OfferUP

Keep in mind though, I'm a force to be reckoned with when it comes to deals.

30Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:45 am

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Alakai wrote:
jplee3 wrote:

OfferUP

Keep in mind though, I'm a force to be reckoned with when it comes to deals.

Haha good to know - I'll hit you up the next time I need help haggling the price down on something...jk

What was his asking price btw?

31Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:47 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Can't remember but it was over $100, maybe $120?

32Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:59 am

jplee3

jplee3
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Alakai wrote:Can't remember but it was over $100, maybe $120?

And this is the Pro+? That's a crazy deal at $75. Was it lightly used and with all the original accessories and box?

33Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:12 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It was slightly used with it's little neoprene pouch (very phallic btw) and screw eyelet thing that can be moved to the multiple locations on the ball.

34Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Enrique

Enrique
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sent from Topic'it App

35Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:17 pm

Enrique

Enrique
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Saw this garmin striker 4 with portable kit for 100 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sent from Topic'it App

36Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:06 pm

562fly

562fly
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

From my understanding the differences between the deeper pro + and the deeper pro is that the deeper pro + has its own gps to map the body of water that your on. While the Deeper pro does the same thing wiht out using its own gps but the gps thats already on your phone. I think both are fine and Ill probably lean towards the deeper pro since I dont mind using the gps on my phone to map.

37Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:25 pm

abayellowback

abayellowback
FTFF Gathering Officer

I went with a Garmin echoMAP 54cv.

38Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:27 pm

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks Jeff Wade add fish finder Mount. Com set me up with the battery transducer mount and the mount to hold my new fish finder  I'll post pictures as soon as it together plus he gave me a discount for returning customer cheers

39Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:33 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Litefoot wrote:Thanks Jeff Wade add fish finder Mount. Com set me up with the battery transducer mount and the mount to hold my new fish finder  I'll post pictures as soon as it together plus he gave me a discount for returning customer cheers

That is cool thanks for sharing we look forward to the pictures.  I agree Wade is a cool dude a good friend of the forum, our members and myself. Red Smile

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

40Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Diver278

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I fish with a Lowrance Elite 5 I know it’s over kill but I already had it and it works great. I got all the setup from fish finder mount. I can use it on my tube and my inflatable boat.

41Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:25 pm

I am in the market for one of the Garmin striker 4 fish finders. I know some of you had these and moved on to better things. Anyone willing to sell me theirs? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] @jplee_3?

Sent from Topic'it App

42Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:25 pm

562fly

562fly
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Im just going to buy the deeper pro. Seems simple and and I dont have to modify the float tube.

43Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:08 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Sorry Logan, I never got the Garmin. JP has it though.

I went from Hawkeye to Deeper Pro plus. You know, on that topic. The manual and the online customer service is actually quite S**t for the deeper but with some investigation and time on the app and PC I am more and more impressed with the Deeper. I just found out more about mapping on Tuesday and am looking to find out more about the notes and calendar features as well.

44Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:17 pm

OldMan

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

SP Dan wrote:I still highly recommend the super lightweight, super functional Deeper Pro+ to everybody out there!
You need to get away from those heavy batteries and those oversized FF mounts people.
Deeper Pro+ works directly with your smart phone by Bluetooth.
Give it a try! You’ll thank me!

SP Dan    <“))><
Lithium batteries are their (and your) friend. Not expensive, considering the many time longer life (1500 charges from SOC of zero), faster and easier charging. Not to mention light weight. Ping me if you want info on importing direct from China.

45Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:14 am

OldMan

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I have a brand-new Garmin Striker 4. I power it with a 12v 10ah lithium battery, and i have a 5ah backup battery.

Because I don't need a powered mount, I got one from Scottys, lot less dinero than the fish finder mounts guys.

46Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:10 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Hi OldMan,
Would you mind posting up a pic of your Scotty for others to see?! Thumbs Up

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

47Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:09 pm

OldMan

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

SP Dan wrote:Hi OldMan,
Would you mind posting up a pic of your Scotty for others to see?! Thumbs Up
When I get it all squared away, I will.

48Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:19 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Alakai wrote:Sorry Logan, I never got the Garmin. JP has it though.

I went from Hawkeye to Deeper Pro plus. You know, on that topic. The manual and the online customer service is actually quite S**t for the deeper but with some investigation and time on the app and PC I am more and more impressed with the Deeper. I just found out more about mapping on Tuesday and am looking to find out more about the notes and calendar features as well.

The mapping feature is a great tool. I am building a map of a few areas I fish with the Deeper Pro app. I have used my phone and a tablet as a monitor, but they are weak and hard to see at times compared to say Humminbird screens.

49Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:44 pm

OldMan

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

[quote="Jerdon"]
Alakai wrote:Sorry Logan, I never got the Garmin.
I like the Garmin though I've only used it once. Nice li'l rig.

50Fish finder questions - Page 2 Empty Re: Fish finder questions Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:35 pm

OldMan

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I hate to say it, but you'll never catch me on the water with my iPhone. Never. I can afford a lot more GMRS radios than I can iPhones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum