FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Fishing Report] 8/30/2020 - Perry CCC Lake, OK

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rykros

FTFF Gathering Officer

Got to go out on the lake one more time this weekend to complete my first three-day fishing extravaganza!  All in all, final count was 35 crappie in 3 days!  None were amazing crappie with the exception of what's below.

Lake Details:  1 mile of shoreline.  Maximum known depth is 32ft.  No other known details of the lake.  
Time:  4:30pm - 7:00pm
Conditions:  Mostly sunny.  Light wind at 10 mph from the south.
Air Temperature:  Starting - 93ºF; Ending - 89ºF
Water Temperature:  82.4ºF
Common Fish Depths:  6ft-12ft
Location on Lake:  About 20ft off shore.  Quick drop off to 10+ feet withing 6ft of the shore.  Bottom composition likely silt, but may have sporadic small rocks.  Structure was located at fishing site.  Likely a fallen tree.
Flotation Device: Customized Classic Accessories Cumberland
Rod & Reel:  Open-face rod.  8lb line.  6ft light action rod.
Bait:  White "salt and pepper" plastic tube jig on 1/8oz white with red eyes external jighead hook.  Tied two to a line with one about 18-24" above the one at the bottom.  Tried to mimic the baby fish they were eating yesterday.

I had made it a goal earlier in the week that I wanted to go fishing each day this weekend, and managed to pull the trifecta off.  The final day ended up being an epic send off to the weekend before going back to the grind.  Notable achievements during the trip included two double hookups, beat my personal best for the lake, and beat it again the next cast for my personal best white crappie; 12" in length, scales read right at 1lb.  Also, strangely foul hooked a crappie through the stomach.  I hypothesize that I got a bite from a different fish and as I yanked up through the school, I got this one instead.

Final Count:  13 crappie caught.  2 crappie lost at float tube.  One 8" largemouth bass.  Personal best achieved.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rykros

FTFF Gathering Officer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

This looks like a great place to float tube fish. What does CCC stand for? In Kansas we have state fishing lakes that are 30 to 300 acres. These are no wake lakes that restrict boating to fishing activity. Is Perry CCC similar?

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Nice trip and congratulations on the new PB!!

It looks like you are enjoying the Cumberland.

Rykros

FTFF Gathering Officer

Bullgill66 wrote:This looks like a great place to float tube fish. What does CCC stand for? In Kansas we have state fishing lakes that are 30 to 300 acres. These are no wake lakes that restrict boating to fishing activity.  Is Perry CCC similar?

Yes, that sounds pretty similar. I’m not sure the actual surface area, but it would seem to fit within that range. This is the info about the lake from the website:

“Just to the South of Perry on Highway 86, CCC Lake and Park is a wellspring of nature and rustic charm. Created in 1934 by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) as part of the New Deal, CCC Lake has served Perry as a place of recreation for many years. Now it serves as the primary water source for Perry as well. Three pavilions are available for use, and can be reserved for special occasions. Swimming and fishing are allowed, and a boat ramp is available as well. Only trolling motors are allowed on the lake, however.

Also available at CCC Lake and Park, the Centennial Church is a beautiful location for weddings or other special events. Originally built in 1894, this church was moved to the lake and completely renovated by the Cherokee Strip Centennial Corporation as an official Oklahoma Centennial project. Renovations were completed in 2007.“

562fly

562fly
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Good stuff. I love catching crappie.

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a wonderful place to fish. I live about 5 hours straight north of Perry CCC. Are lakes like this common in your area?

Rykros

FTFF Gathering Officer

Bullgill66 wrote:Thanks for the information. Sounds like a wonderful place to fish.  I live about 5 hours straight north of Perry CCC. Are lakes like this common in your area?

Little no-wake lakes are sporadic through the state, but lakes in general are everywhere. If you know people, you can get access to some really nice cattle ponds and privately owned small lakes. But there are plenty of large lakes located throughout the state. Particularly in the NE part of the state. I grew up knowing Lake Hudson, OK, but I've fished at Grand Lake of the Cherokees (Grand Lake), Keystone Lake, and Lake Carl Blackwell quite often. Love to fish under Keystone Damn with the Striper are running and the damn is open. Something about tossing a roostertail with a heavy weight on a surf rod is sure fun.

SP Dan

SP Dan

It looks like you’re enjoying your new ride and you put a PB on board as well!
Thanx for the fish report with pictures! 👍

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum